GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enforcer
    replied
    Re: Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary

Crap 1 drove me mad with constant phone calls, passed a/c around a few dca's, now gone dead! nothing from them for over 2 years. About 41/2 years since last payment. Don't worry, most of their "agreements were unenforceable. Don't pay them. Follow advice from members.

Leave a comment:

• Spud
    replied

I am out and about at the minute but for the first time i have just tried AAD on my phone. When i get back home after too much bonfire smoke....rocket fumes.....burnt hot dogs and tired out littleones i will post again to elaborate a little more. Somebody pass the mustard.....

Leave a comment:

• MrsD
    replied

I've actually forgotten what has happened with our Cap1 debts, I have I think a couple of half hearted responses about looking for stuff and a couple of insisting letters that they are under no obligation to produce anything.........rubbish of course.

Just keep an eye on it, it's the only way to deal for the moment, just don't ignore any letters.

Leave a comment:

• Grassy_K
    replied

Originally posted by Spud View Post
    Mrs D is right, If this were me I would just play the game and save some funds as niddy suggests,

Worst scenario you eventually have to pay up by instalments some time down the line........You havn't lost anything but have saved up a bit towards it !!!

Best scenario, You don't pay for 6 years and the account gets SB

You have nothing to lose by blagging. I have been blagging Capital one for ages and so have many others with favourable results
    Thanks Spud & MrsD. I will do as suggested. Can you elaborate a bit more on your Capital One experience please? I have a card that's all but enforceable except on the thinnest of minor technicalities. Niddy said to consider blagging/fighting but it's a big debt.

It not that I don't have the stomach to fight, I'm not paying on a fair chunk of UE debt at the moment, but the EN/borderline stuff worries me when I see other people in here with claims being issued against them by the likes of MKDP who seem to steamroller through the template letters and go to court anyway! I can't under any circumstances have a CCJ against me. Such a fool to (let my ex) run up so much debt in the first place, but never mind.... we can only try and keep on keeping on.

Leave a comment:

• Spud
    replied

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
    for the moment I would pop off a missing prescribed terms, we know it's enforceable, The average desk drone in a DCA doesn't and probably won't care. just keep a close eye on the replies so that anything nasty is picked up

some of us have been blagging some for years and years and years .................................................. .........................
    Mrs D is right, If this were me I would just play the game and save some funds as niddy suggests,

Worst scenario you eventually have to pay up by instalments some time down the line........You havn't lost anything but have saved up a bit towards it !!!

Best scenario, You don't pay for 6 years and the account gets SB

You have nothing to lose by blagging. I have been blagging Capital one for ages and so have many others with favourable results

Leave a comment:

• MrsD
    replied

for the moment I would pop off a missing prescribed terms, we know it's enforceable, The average desk drone in a DCA doesn't and probably won't care. just keep a close eye on the replies so that anything nasty is picked up

some of us have been blagging some for years and years and years .................................................. .........................

Leave a comment:

• Grassy_K
    replied

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Don't jump in with an offer mate, blag it a while - see how far you can go...... save funds and then in time you might be able to settle as F&F and get rid - that's what we suggest - even a year of a tenner a month is £120 towards an offer instead of paying a measly tenner to the DCA - also as non-payment builds up they'll take a better F&F offer....
    Good points but how would you suggest blagging, I do know that Aktiv issue claims.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by Grassy_K View Post
    Virgin Mastercard (MBNA)

Date commenced: Approx. 2004

Approx Balance £1500

Date last paid: June 2014

Defaulted: 2012?

Status: Wussy £5 token payments via StepChange until June 2014, nothing since then

Account owner: Aktiv Kapital

04/08 - CCA request sent to Aktiv Kapital
    14/08 - Response from AK. Acknowledging request for agreement under S 77-79 of the CCA. Will endeavour to obtain documents within the prescribed time frames. Have put the collection process on hold until the information is provided.
    27/10 - Letter from Aktiv Kapital - here's your CCA, now pay up. Documentation is good, signed credit agreement with full T&C's, all prescribed terms, correct APR, charges, address at the time etc.

28/10 - Preparing token payment offer
    Don't jump in with an offer mate, blag it a while - see how far you can go...... save funds and then in time you might be able to settle as F&F and get rid - that's what we suggest - even a year of a tenner a month is £120 towards an offer instead of paying a measly tenner to the DCA - also as non-payment builds up they'll take a better F&F offer....

Leave a comment:

• Grassy_K
    replied

Originally posted by Grassy_K View Post
    Halifax Platinum Card

Approx Balance £9000

Status: Wussy £5 token payments via StepChange - not paying since July

30/06 - CCA request sent to Aktiv Kapital
    15/07 - Response from AK. Acknowledging request for agreement under S 77-79 of the CCA. Will endeavour to obtain documents within the prescribed time frames. Have put the collection process on hold until the information is provided.
    06/10 - Letter from AK enclosing documents. Further to your request here are the documents. Payment proposals within 14 days or we will take further action.
    11/10 - Letter to Aktiv - no signature and missing PT's
    17/10 - Swift response from Aktiv - here's a document with your signature on it (card upgrade agreement to the Halifax One card) - now pay up or else. [Plus another copy of the T&C's supplied before.]
    28/10 - Niddy says
    but easily remedied. Recommends sending MPT letter. Will send at the weekend. May need to come up with an offer on this in the future (my thoughts), but blagging for now.
    Hi all a little update on the situation with my Halifax card.

Leave a comment:

• Grassy_K
    replied

Virgin Mastercard (MBNA)

Approx Balance £1500

Status: Wussy £5 token payments via StepChange until June 2014, nothing since then

04/08 - CCA request sent to Aktiv Kapital
    14/08 - Response from AK. Acknowledging request for agreement under S 77-79 of the CCA. Will endeavour to obtain documents within the prescribed time frames. Have put the collection process on hold until the information is provided.
    27/10 - Letter from Aktiv Kapital - here's your CCA, now pay up. Documentation is good, signed credit agreement with full T&C's, all prescribed terms, correct APR, charges, address at the time etc.

28/10 - Preparing token payment offer

Leave a comment:

• Grassy_K
    replied

Lloyds Platinum Mastercard

Approx Balance £4900

Account owner: Lloyds (was outsourced to Robbers Way to harrass me despite being on a DMP - after complaint made, Robbers Way returned a/c to Lloyds)

30/06 - CCA request sent to Lloyds
    13/07 - Now this is just odd. I've received a single sheet (on Lloyds headed paper) statement for the last 10 months - no letter, nothing. The letter also has Robbers Way name and address instead of Lloyds where the sender's address goes. Perhaps there is more to come, as I hear Lloyds are quite handy with the scissors and glue?
    06/10 - Letter from Lloyds - as we have not been able to come to a repayment arrangement, we've instructed a Debt Collection Agency, Akinika (aka Crappy Knickers) to arrange collection of the outstanding debt. Please contact Crappy Knickers as soon as possible on this number xxxx xxxx. Scary stuff indeed (not) - I've changed my phone numbers and place of work, LOL
    06/10 - I'll just remind them that they are still in default of my Section 78 request....
    24/10 - STILL NO RESPONSE FROM LLOYDS TO MY CCA REQUEST AND MY 2 CHASER LETTERS RE SAID CCA REQUEST - but a lovely letter of introduction from the kind folks at Crappy Knickers who are going to be hassling me unsuccessfully for money for a while, until they get bored. I am to call them "so that they can confirm liability for the debt" - lol, there's no liability whilst in default of a CCA request - letter binned.

Leave a comment:

• Grassy_K
    replied

RBS Mastercard

Date commenced: Approx. 2002

Approx Balance £1700

Defaulted: September 2014

11/10 - After letter-based threats culminating in a doorstep visit from a collector (not answered...), I have now received a letter that my debt has been outsourced to Apex Credit Management to collect (a division of Cabot...). I'll just sit tight on this one. They've not purchased the debt, they can't do anything except send threatening letters. I'll save the CCA request for when the debt eventually gets sold off.
    23/10 - Letter from Apex - we are instructed to recover the debt in full.... call us now....
    (ignored).

Leave a comment:

• Grassy_K
    replied

Hi Niddy, has the information I sent you in response to your questions changed anything?

Thanks as ever.

GK

Leave a comment:

• Grassy_K
    replied

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    He upgraded from AN Other card to the One Card - the One Card held a good APR if I recall correctly.....

The signature is on the agreement, the upgrade agreement is similar to a CCA - a typical HBOS agreement but the terms they've sent are not those relating to this account in 2004 because they have a different address and they show £12 late fee yet in 2004 it was £20 for a late fee with HBOS.

It's currently UE however it is easy to remedy, I have asked Grassy to elaborate on one point for me after which that could change everything...... He will update later. (We're chatting on the upload agreement thread as it's secure and private)
    Thanks Niddy, I've replied to your question (suspect it might be the 'wrong' answer but heigh ho, LOL)

GK

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    Can you explain what you mean by a document with your signature on it for your "card upgrade agreement to the Halifax One account" . You opened a credit card account in 2004, so did you sign a new agreement for a new/different credit card account in later years? You have been referring to a Halifax Platinum account not a Halifax One account in your thread. We need to be sure that AK have sent you the correct CCA for the debt which they are currently chasing.
    He upgraded from AN Other card to the One Card - the One Card held a good APR if I recall correctly.....

The signature is on the agreement, the upgrade agreement is similar to a CCA - a typical HBOS agreement but the terms they've sent are not those relating to this account in 2004 because they have a different address and they show £12 late fee yet in 2004 it was £20 for a late fee with HBOS.

It's currently UE however it is easy to remedy, I have asked Grassy to elaborate on one point for me after which that could change everything...... He will update later. (We're chatting on the upload agreement thread as it's secure and private)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X