GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grassy_K
    replied
    Re: Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary

Co-Op Platinum Card

Date commenced: Approx. 2004

Approx Balance £3500

Date last paid: June 2014

Defaulted: 2012?

Status: Wussy £5 token payments via StepChange up to June - nothing since then

Account owner: Co-Op

30/06 - CCA request sent to Co-Op
    17/07 - Letter received from Co-Op. No CCA for you, son... "We first require a wet signature in order to verify your identity". They kindly enclose a stamped addressed envelope for this purpose.
    18/08 - Bad copy of signed application form received (ie hard to read) but can't see any terms
    19/08 - Uploaded docs to AAD for enforceability checking

20/08 - Niddy says - missing prescribed terms letter sent
    16/09 - Reply from Co-Op : "Please find a larger copy of your agreement (blown up to A4 size but still barely legible and missing prescribed terms) - we note your comments regarding the previous copy but this is the best we are able to produce from our archives"
    4/11 - Letter from Co-Op - threats re further action/legal action (not a LBA)
    13/11 - Popped off a reply along the lines of: account in dispute, please refer to previous letter.
    24/11 - Co-Op - we've received your complaint and are dealing with it
    23/12 - Co-Op - sorry we haven't resolved your complaint yet, we're still dealing with it
    15/1/15 - Asset Link Capital c/o Link Financial Outsourcing - Co-Op have sold us your debt, pay up!

17/1/15 - SWID/complaint sent to Asset Link
    23/1/15 - Complaint response from Co-Op. You had the card, and used it, you owe. And here's the missing terms. You're now with Asset Link so speak to them if you have any more queries. So my SWID has crossed over in the post with Co-Op's response and possible rectification of UE. I'll have to scan and upload to Niddy to take a look at them, see if this is now EN and then work out my next course of action.
    7/10/15 - Bugger. Bloody Link Financial again. They no longer consider this account to be in dispute and are seeking payment. 1 month to fill in an I&E form. No threats.
    29/3/16 - "Ignoring this debt will not make it go away - you owe us, now pay up" letter from Link. I feel things are going to escalate from this point.
    I'll do what I said I was going to do in 2015 and get the docs uploaded later this week for advice. I'll feel safer if I have all my ducks in a row in advance, so to speak.
    4/4/16 - Uploaded CCA docs for Niddy to check

Leave a comment:

• SaltnVinegar
    replied

Yes definately get the docs uploaded for Niddy to look at, you'll know what basis you're fighting from then.

Originally posted by Grassy_K View Post

Co-Op Platinum Card

Approx Balance £3500

17/07 - Letter received from Co-Op. No CCA for you, son... "We first require a wet signature in order to verify your identity". They kindly enclose a stamped addressed envelope for this purpose.
    18/08 - Bad copy of signed application form received (ie hard to read) but can't see any terms

16/09 - Reply from Co-Op : "Please find a larger copy of your agreement (blown up to A4 size but still barely legible and missing prescribed terms) - we note your comments regarding the previous copy but this is the best we are able to produce from our archives"
    13/11 - Popped off a reply along the lines of: account in dispute, please refer to previous letter.
    23/12 - Co-Op - sorry we haven't resolved your complaint yet, we're still dealing with it
    15/1/15 - Asset Link Capital c/o Link Financial Outsourcing - Co-Op have sold us your debt, pay up!

23/1/15 - Complaint response from Co-Op. You had the card, and used it, you owe. And here's the missing terms. You're now with Asset Link so speak to them if you have any more queries. So my SWID has crossed over in the post with Co-Op's response and possible rectification of UE. I'll have to scan and upload to Niddy to take a look at them, see if this is now EN and then work out my next course of action.
    7/10/15 - Bugger. Bloody Link Financial again. They no longer consider this account to be in dispute and are seeking payment. 1 month to fill in an I&E form. No threats.
    29/4/16 - "Ignoring this debt will not make it go away - you owe us, now pay up" letter from Link. I feel things are going to escalate from this point.

I'll do what I said I was going to do in 2015 and get the docs uploaded later this week for advice. I'll feel safer if I have all my ducks in a row in advance, so to speak.

Leave a comment:

• Grassy_K
    replied

Co-Op Platinum Card

Approx Balance £3500

29/3/16 - "Ignoring this debt will not make it go away - you owe us, now pay up" letter from Link. I feel things are going to escalate from this point.

Last edited by Grassy_K; 4 April 2016, 19:24.

Leave a comment:

• nanna58
    replied

Good on ya x

Leave a comment:

• Grassy_K
    replied

I'm unable to turn over my personal information to a gang of bloodsucking leeches, no. No money to pay the debt even if I wanted to, anyway.

Leave a comment:

• nanna58
    replied

You mean you're not complying Grassy

Leave a comment:

• Grassy_K
    replied

It is a very sparse document, PlanB. One side is my name and address for the windowed envelope, plus a brief request to fill in the overleaf I&E.

There isn't a letter missing from it, I don't think.

They want my current employer's details (yeah right!!), my work, home and mobile numbers, and of course full personal financial details/housing situation.

Jog on....

Leave a comment:

• nanna58
    replied

Me too grassy xxx

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

Originally posted by Grassy_K View Post
    Link have resurfaced again to say hi, nothing too threatening just an I&E form to complete with no covering letter
    That's odd

No covering letter at all - just a blank form to fill in?

Plan B x

Leave a comment:

• SaltnVinegar
    replied

Hey Grassy

Yes its always best to stay under the radar and not poke the hornets nest. You don't want to be giving them any reason to ramp things up and remove you out of the automated threat-o-gram process.

Best
    SnV

Leave a comment:

• MrsD
    replied

always a good plan Grassy, if in doubt lay low!

Leave a comment:

• Grassy_K
    replied

Hi, just a quick Leap Day update from me. The usual DCA crap continues, Wetcloths and Freds calling and writing over a few "matters", have disconnected the house phone again LOL.

My good friends at Link have resurfaced again to say hi, nothing too threatening just an I&E form to complete with no covering letter? They do get on my nerves though because every time I think they've gone away they pop up again to let me know I'm still on the radar. Obviously as a debt purchaser (vs. debt collector) they have to be taken a bit more seriously.

A few more quite nervewracking, "large" issues have been quiet so I'm lying very, very low as usual.

Leave a comment:

• nanna58
    replied

They miss you Grassy xx

Leave a comment:

• Grassy_K
    replied

Originally posted by alland View Post
    Merry Christmas Grassy ..
    Evening all,

Just popping in for a quick update. All quiet on the western front still, mercifully.

Bit of a scare tonight as letter popped in from London (i.e. Link Financial) - I have a possibly EN account with them (as detailed above..) that I've been sitting tight on. But.. haha.. it was a letter regarding an old £1900 Barclaycard I have with them that I challenged over a year ago, admitting UE but can I please pay anyway, LOL. Letter filed away in a very safe place!

Leave a comment:

• alland
    replied

Merry Christmas Grassy ..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X