GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script commit2change UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

commit2change UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Committed2Change UE diary

Halifax
    Credit card debt
    Opened Aug 2005
    Balance £7700
    Last full payment Aug 2011
    On DMP
    In default
    Moorcroft debt recovery are the people I talk to / send payments to.

18/1/14 sent CCA request to Moorcroft with PO. Missed last post so will get sent Monday 20/1, 2nd class recorded. signed for 21/1.
    3/2/14 Received letter and PO back and I need to send it direct to Halifax - will do asap.
    4/2/14 Sent CCA request directly to Halifax with PO. 2nd class recorded.
    12/2/14 letter received asking me to contact them to discuss plan - odd since technically I'm still on a DMP with them.
    14/2/14 phone call received - I refused to give details and asked for them to only contact me in writing - I won't discuss over the phone please take my number off your system (as I asked previously at start of DMP)

So just received a phone call from Moorcroft about the letter I received on Tuesday wanting me to contact them - but this is odd since I paid my last DMP in Jan so they wouldn't be behind in payments yet - will be behind at the end of the month.

I assume they are panicking as I sent out the CCA request.

I refused to give out my details - but did point out I was on a DMP with them so I don't know why they are calling, to take my number off their system (like they promised to when I started my DMP) and to only communicate in writing. Oh I also pointed out I had sent my CCA request off to Halifax directly as requested. She kept saying she couldn't discuss it without my details - I just said ok I'm just letting you know this.

Idiots

Should I bother sending out a letter stating I'm waiting on a CCA request or just ignore them until the next letter - which I sure is being typed up even as I type up this lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Committed2Change View Post
      Halifax
      Credit card debt
      Opened Aug 2005
      Balance £7700
      On DMP
      In default

18/1/14 sent CCA request to Moorcroft with PO. Missed last post so will get sent Monday 20/1, 2nd class recorded. signed for 21/1.
      3/2/14 Received letter and PO back and I need to send it direct to Halifax - will do asap.
      12/2/14 letter received asking me to contact them to discuss plan - odd since technically I'm still on a DMP with them.
      14/2/14 phone call received - I refused to give details and asked for them to only contact me in writing - I won't discuss over the phone please take my number off your system (as I asked previously at start of DMP)

So just received a phone call from Moorcroft about the letter I received on Tuesday wanting me to contact them - but this is odd since I paid my last DMP in Jan so they wouldn't be behind in payments yet - will be behind at the end of the month.

I assume they are panicking as I sent out the CCA request.

I refused to give out my details - but did point out I was on a DMP with them so I don't know why they are calling, to take my number off their system (like they promised to when I started my DMP) and to only communicate in writing. Oh I also pointed out I had sent my CCA request off to Halifax directly as requested. She kept saying she couldn't discuss it without my details - I just said ok I'm just letting you know this.

Idiots

Should I bother sending out a letter stating I'm waiting on a CCA request or just ignore them until the next letter - which I sure is being typed up even as I type up this lol.
      I'd just ignore for now......
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

So a couple of updates

Halifax
        Credit card debt

24/2/14 Received CCA and T&C from Halifax - looks annoyingly correct. :-(
        25/2/14 Emailed Niddy with CCA, T&C and letter.

Yeah, looks like I might be stuck with this one too - everything looks ok to me - but I've emailed it off in the hope that Niddy can spot something wrong with it. (fingers crossed)

HSBC
        Credit card debt

15/2/14 Received CCA - Apparently I got my own DOB wrong and knew where I would be living in 2003 when I signed the form in 1998 - how very clever of me. Only name, address and wrong DOB. No signature or other details on the cca.
        25/2/14 Emailed Niddy the CCA and T&C and letters for him to look at.

Yeah - this one is laughable. They just about got my name correct - though missing my middle initial which I would have put on, wrong address and wrong dob. Can't see how this one can be enforceable at all. Still I will await Niddys final say just to be safe

Hope everyone else is doing well

Comment

Good luck with them...

Comment

Hello

I haven't heard from Niddy except on the 26th when he said he he'd received my email.

Can someone give him a gentle nudge please :-)

Thanks

Comment

commit2change UE diary

Sorry I am reading emails now - give me a few minutes.
              Last edited by IF; 13 April 2014, 21:10.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Halifax CC

Halifax
                Credit card debt
                Opened Aug 2005
                Balance £7700
                On DMP
                In default

24/2/14 Received CCA and T&C from Halifax - looks annoyingly correct. :-(
                25/2/14 Emailed Niddy with CCA, T&C and letter.
                Hi, This is sadly enforceable, everything does look fine.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: HSBC - now with IDEM

HSBC
                  Credit card debt
                  Opened Sept 1998
                  Balance £6000
                  On DMP
                  In default
                  IDEM are the people I talk to / send payments to.

18/1/14 sent CCA request to Idem with PO. Missed last post so will get sent Monday 20/1, 2nd class recorded. signed for 21/1
                  15/2/14 Received CCA - Apparently I got my own DOB wrong and knew where I would be living in 2003 when I signed the form in 1998 - how very clever of me. Only name, address and wrong DOB. No signature or other details on the cca.
                  Hi, This is unenforceable for the reasons you stated in your email, ie it is indeed a recon but the recon is actually fraudulent as it houses an incorrect date of birth and address. This has obviously been completed by staff, is it your handwriting on the application btw or have they copied/pasted it?

I'd send missing PT's template back to them - this is

Comment

Re: Halifax CC

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    Hi, This is sadly enforceable, everything does look fine.

I figured as much - Damn you Halifax

Thanks Niddy

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      Hi, This is unenforceable for the reasons you stated in your email, ie it is indeed a recon but the recon is actually fraudulent as it houses an incorrect date of birth and address. This has obviously been completed by staff, is it your handwriting on the application btw or have they copied/pasted it?

I'd send missing PT's template back to them - this is

Thank Niddy - Nope not my handwriting - I have never crossed my I's like that.

Will send the letter this weekend - I assume we don't tell them about this and save it as an ace card

Comment

Re: commit2change UE diary

Hi everyone

I hope you are all doing well. I'm doing great

I have decided to try to get a final settlement with my two halifax debts - I figure it will take a while for them to agree and I can save like a mad woman in the meantime.

I was going to start with a very low offer of 10% - what are people thoughts on this?

I'm off to look at the standard letters and see if I can find more advice in the general sections but any and all help will be greatfull appreciated

Thanks

Comment

So a few updates - some letters received - I've ignored most of them.

My HSBC debt has been passed to Capquest so I'm sending a sold while in dispute letter to them - this debt has been deemed unenforceable by Niddy

Got a letter from IDR demanding payment - sending a sold while in dispute letter - no CCA received as of yet.

Moorcroft have passed one Halifax debt back to them and are investigating the other, so that is nice

Still nothing about my Barclays overdraft.

Feeling happy so far. I have started saving for F&F for my enforceable Halifax debts which is good - so the longer I can string them along the better.

EDIT: I never sent a F&F letters to Halifax debts - instead I sent missing PT letter to stall while I saved up
                          Last edited by commit2change; 25 June 2014, 11:19.

Comment

That's great c2c...you seem to have everything in hand...well done
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by commit2change View Post
                              HSBC ref: 0588
                              Credit card debt
                              Opened Sept 1998
                              Balance £6000
                              On DMP
                              In default
                              IDEM are the people I talk to / send payments to. ref: 9010

18/1/14 sent CCA request to Idem with PO. Missed last post so will get sent Monday 20/1, 2nd class recorded. signed for 21/1
                              6/3/14 Niddy says unenforcable - whoop!
                              2/5/14 IDEM letter - no payment agreement in place
                              23/5/14 letter sent to IDEM missing PT
                              29/5/14 letter from Arden - looking into complaint.
                              4/6/14 letter from Wescot on behalf of Idem - notice of debt collection - nice scary red letter please contact us
                              9/6/14 letter from Arden - do not uphold complaint - I guess about misisng T&C's - we supplied with reconstituted copy yadda yadda - pay now.
                              24/6/14 letter from Westot offering 25% reduction if I pay now.
                              Ignoring for now
                              Hi all

Should I be ignoring the Wescot letter?

I've sent IDEM a missing PT letter - they are the same company I suspect so shall I just hold off for now?

Comment

My other question is that Link have still not defaulted me despite my not paying since Jan 2014 - they just keep sticking 6 month markers on my account.

If this drops off after 6 years - BUT they register a default in say the last year, will this stay on my account, screwing me for another 6 years from the default date even though it is then unenforceable.

If so how do I make them default me? Everyone else defaulted me in 2011.

I hope this makes sense

OH and I have the HSBC listed twice on my credit rating - both as defaults - one as HSBC and one as IDEM should I just not care as they'll be gone in 4 years anyway or should I raise this as an issue.

I'm not going to be applying for credit until after the 4 years has passed anyway, but even so it's annoying.

So many questions today

Comment

Working...
                                X