GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script commit2change UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

commit2change UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: commit2change UE diary

Originally posted by commit2change View Post
    So a few updates - some letters received - I've ignored most of them.

My HSBC debt has been passed to Capquest so I'm sending a sold while in dispute letter to them - this debt has been deemed unenforceable by Niddy

Got a letter from IDR demanding payment - sending a sold while in dispute letter - no CCA received as of yet.

Moorcroft have passed one Halifax debt back to them and are investigating the other, so that is nice

Still nothing about my Barclays overdraft.

Feeling happy so far. I have started saving for F&F for my enforceable Halifax debts which is good - so the longer I can string them along the better.

EDIT: I never sent a F&F letters to Halifax debts - instead I sent missing PT letter to stall while I saved up

Ooops I'm an idiot - CapQuest took over the Halifax CC not HSBC - but luckily the letter I sent works as I used their references. I have edited my posts on the first page and will check more carefully from now on.

HBOS =/= HSBC

Comment

I'm not sure that IDEM and Westcot are the same company. I've had dealings with Westcot but not IDEM. Did you send a sold while in dispute to Westcot when you got the first letter from them? If not, you could send it now or just ignore. They're not likely to take legal action if they're offering discounts.

As for Link, they're "supposed" to add a default within 6 months but you can't force them to. If you last made a payment in January then the 6 months hasn't passed yet.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

personally I haven't even looked at our credit reports since we started, (coming up for 4 years), I feel you're drawing attention to yourself, confirming your still looking and confirming it worries you because every time you log in you confirm your address. If the defaults are wrong or duplicated, I intend to sort it out when we are home free to SB, until then, I don't give a toss.

Comment

You got in before me MrsD! I was going to say that I hadn't looked since I started then remembered I had marked some as defaulted so I was checking my diary. The last default I've noted was January 2011 (6 months after I sent off cca requests) and there are a couple that hadn't been defaulted then. I've no intention of checking my credit file for the same reasons as you...and I'll sort out any wrongly filed defaults when everything's SB.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I didn't realise about the recording of the address when you check your credit report - I'll stop doing that then

I'll also leave it as is and deal with it in 6 years - less stress anyway.

I'll sent Westcot a sold in dispute letter on the next letter they send me

Thanks for the quick responses guys - much appreciated

Comment

Re: HSBC - now with IDEM

HSBC ref: 0588
              Credit card debt
              Opened Sept 1998
              Balance £6000
              Last full payment Aug 2011
              On DMP last payment Jan 14
              In default
              IDEM are the people I talk to / send payments to. ref: 9010

18/1/14 sent CCA request to Idem with PO. Missed last post so will get sent Monday 20/1, 2nd class recorded. signed for 21/1
              15/2/14 Received CCA - Apparently I got my own DOB wrong and knew where I would be living in 2003 when I signed the form in 1998 - how very clever of me. Only name, address and wrong DOB. No signature or other details on the cca.
              25/2/14 Emailed Niddy the CCA and T&C and letters for him to look at.
              6/3/14 Niddy says unenforcable - whoop!
              2/5/14 IDEM letter - no payment agreement in place
              23/5/14 letter sent to IDEM missing PT
              29/5/14 letter from Arden - looking into complaint.
              4/6/14 letter from Wescot on behalf of Idem - notice of debt collection - nice scary red letter please contact us
              9/6/14 letter from Arden - do not uphold complaint - I guess about misisng T&C's - we supplied with reconstituted copy yadda yadda - pay now.
              24/6/14 letter from Westcot offering 25% reduction if I pay now.
              Ignoring for now
              30/6/14 letter from Westcot odd payslip style saying call us now.
              31/7/14 Letter sent to Westcot - sold in dispute.

Just a quick update - got a weird payslip style letter from Westcot so I'm sending them a sold while in dispute letter

Comment

Hi, just checking if all is OK?

Best wishes
                IF
                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Hi IF

sorry yes, debt wise everything is fine. I've only had basic letters every now and then which I'm just ignoring 😁

I actually need to file all the letters as I've just opened them, checked they're not threatening anything then stuck them in a box. Lol.

I'm more relaxed than ever. I've just started saving to buy a house once this all over and that gives me room to bargain a F&F should I need to on the few enforceable debts, should they play hardball down the line.

I love this site

Counting down to March 2020.

Comment

All the bestxx
                    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

I'm pleased all is well commit2change, here's to March 2020
                      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Hi IF

sorry yes, debt wise everything is fine. I've only had basic letters every now and then which I'm just ignoring 

I actually need to file all the letters as I've just opened them, checked they're not threatening anything then stuck them in a box. Lol.

I'm more relaxed than ever. I've just started saving to buy a house once this all over and that gives me room to bargain a F&F should I need to on the few enforceable debts, should they play hardball down the line.

I love this site

Counting down to March 2020.
                        Good to know it's all going well commit2change and than you're now more relaxed

As for ignoring all the letters (even basic ones), sometimes a quick one-liner is good to keep a paper trail going then you can't be accused of being a "debt-dodger" should you ever get a claim.

Comment

Thanks

I'll send out a few letters to the latest ones I've received. I didn't think of it that way. I was just hoping they'd forget about me 😁

Comment

Happy New Year everyone :-D

So Halifax sent me a nice Christmas Present they have sold my two debts to another company - LoweII - Happy Christmas!

Should I send the new company letters saying that this account is sold in dispute - even though I did receive the CCA's or should I send them something different?

I'm happy to pay to join AAD+ to get full access to the templates, so suggest away. - bargain as far as I am concerned.
                            Last edited by commit2change; 3 January 2016, 11:14.

Comment

When you hear from the new owners then I'd send Sold While in Dispute.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                                When you hear from the new owners then I'd send Sold While in Dispute.
                                Thanks for the quick reply Pixie

The letters that Halifax sent had a letter from the new company attached - so should I send it now or wait for a second letter direct from the company?

Comment

Working...
                                X