GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script commit2change UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

commit2change UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: commit2change UE diary

I'd wait for the next one and see what it says then you can pop of a Sold in Dispute if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
      I'd wait for the next one and see what it says then you can pop of a Sold in Dispute if necessary.
      Brilliant - I'll wait then.

Thanks

Comment

Re: Barclaycard Now with Link

Originally posted by commit2change View Post
        Barclaycard ref: 0004
        Credit card debt
        Opened March 2001
        Balance £4800
        Last full payment Aug 2011
        On DMP last payment Jan 14
        finally in default 6/14
        Link are the people I talk to / send payments to. Ref: 9514

18/1/14 sent CCA request to Link with PO. Missed last post so will get sent Monday 20/1, 2nd class recorded. signed for 21/1
        3/2/14 received letter saying we don't have CCA, requested from Barclaycard may take 30 days.
        17/6/14 letter from IDR finance notice and demand that if I fail to pay arrears within 7 days agreement will be terminated and full balance due.
        25/6/14 Letter sent to IDR - sold while in dispute
        1/7/14 Letter received from Link - thought I'd received CCA from Barclaycard dated 6/3/14 - please let us know what you have received.
        2/7/14 Letter sent to Link saying I have received nothing from Barclaycard at all - still in dispute etc.

Ok so here is an interesting one.

Link defaulted this account in 2014 -though I don't think I got a letter for it. BUT I was doing filling last night and discovered that this account was originally defaulted in 2011 by another company when I was on my DMP and I have the paperwork to prove it. Obv this would make a huge difference to my credit record re when my defaults drop off - all by sept 2017!

Is there any way to get this corrected without admitting that I own the debt or am I screwed for an extra 3 years?

Comment

no I would personally wait until it is SB on the first documented default then look at at whacking Link. are you sure that first default wasn't remedied?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
            no I would personally wait until it is SB on the first documented default then look at at whacking Link. are you sure that first default wasn't remedied?

Not as far as I can tell, no paperwork saying it was - I was on my DMP then and only paying £7 a month.

SB is only a few months before the current default date so might as well just ignore it and accept it as annoying but the price I pay for trying SB - of course if I end up paying.....

Comment

it also depends if the 1st DN was put on the Credit file or just an AP(arrangement to pay) marker if on a DMP,
              sometimes they don't register it as defaulted which is removed after 6 years, (5 Scotland) as an AP marker can go on forever,
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                it also depends if the 1st DN was put on the Credit file or just an AP(arrangement to pay) marker if on a DMP,
                sometimes they don't register it as defaulted which is removed after 6 years, (5 Scotland) as an AP marker can go on forever,

Only an AA then BB marker was ever showing on that account, it had a debt assigned marker in Aug 11 when Link took over - they continued with BB markers until the Default on July 14.

So even if they send out a notice of default - and you don't rectify, they don't have to default your account?

Comment

they should,but they often don't or,not while you are on an arrangement to pay, that is why we often suggest people stop paying and get the default on the file quicker,
                  it is sometimes the DM company that gets them to agree to an 'arrangement to pay' so they are withing their rights to report it to Credit Reference Agency's as an 'arrangement' and not a Default.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Have you any way of checking if the 1st Default was registered on your credit file as that could prove invaluable. RBS registered a default on my credit file when they defaulted me, then 5 years 11 months later they removed it and another a month later they issued me a new default and also registered that on my credit file. I wrote and requested them to remove the second default, they refused and denied they issued registered the first one. I wrote to the then FSA with copies of both defaults and copies of both credit files, within 2 months I received confirmation from RBS they had removed the default and "decided" to write off the outstanding amount due which was in excess of 6K. It sometimes can be useful to check your credit file when you are expecting defaults to drop off.

Comment

Originally posted by loring View Post
                      Have you any way of checking if the 1st Default was registered on your credit file as that could prove invaluable. RBS registered a default on my credit file when they defaulted me, then 5 years 11 months later they removed it and another a month later they issued me a new default and also registered that on my credit file. I wrote and requested them to remove the second default, they refused and denied they issued registered the first one. I wrote to the then FSA with copies of both defaults and copies of both credit files, within 2 months I received confirmation from RBS they had removed the default and "decided" to write off the outstanding amount due which was in excess of 6K. It sometimes can be useful to check your credit file when you are expecting defaults to drop off.

Hi

I checked and Barclaycard didn't default my account as far as I can see - last entry is Aug 2011 DA when it shows as settled.

No matter I have decided to save like mad and when I hit SB status buy a house. All defaults should be gone by then - and I can challenge If not.

I just printed out my credit reports so I have proof of the defaults on my accounts that are now showing - but I'm worried that my two Halifax debts have disappeared and Lowell will add new defaults that I can't challenge until SB - and while I have the original default notices - I don't have proof they defaulted on my credit record. :-/

Comment

I'd not worry about that now c2c. If there's a problem you can sort it after the debt is SB.

The last time I looked at my credit report (about 5 years ago) Barclaycard hadn't defaulted me but I'm not going to check now and possibly waken a sleeping beast close to SB.
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Well it looks like the debt collectors are awake after xmas - a flurry of new letters tuned up this weekend - debts sold and passed along blah blah blah.

I'll list them shortly and get some replies sent out.

Comment

Ok Been pretty slack in sending out letter - so getting myself sorted again.

3 letters out tomorrow - sold in dispute to Lowell x 2 and Capquest.

Comment

keep us in the loop with what you get back x

Comment

Morning all

So Lowel have just been sending letters saying my account is on hold while they investigate :-)

Today I got a app form and T&C from Capquest re my HSBC account - just the same ones I got ages ago with the wrong date of birth, future address and no dates or sigs. That was already declared UE so I'm going to send them a missing PT letter.

Also I can't believe I'm 2.5 years into this - how time flies. I wish I'd discovered this amazing forum when I first got into trouble and started a DMP. You guys are all amazing
                                Last edited by commit2change; 19 September 2016, 10:19.

Comment

Working...
                                X