GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Smoogys UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoogys UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Smoogys UE Diary

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
    Hi Smoogy,

Don't try to attach the documents to your post – email them instead to agreements@all-about-debt.co.uk

That will send them straight to Niddy, and only he will be able to see them. Even the mods (including me) and the site team don't have access.

SH
    Originally posted by Pixie View Post
    Personally I would stop paying and blag it for as long as you can...they may be more amenable to listening to a F&F offer if they're not getting anything.
    Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
    Blag it for now, if you want to offer a repayment in the future, wait until they pass the debt on, they will be more willing to agree a lower repayment by then.
    Originally posted by Deepie View Post
    That's what I would do....

Have you told them your new address ?

If not I would re turn to sender if it were me.....
    Hi Deepie

Thanks for your reply!

No I have definitely not told them my new address!! & in fact the old address was a c/o address. I have sent it back as moved away not known at this address. Will wait and see what happens. My mail is getting redirected for a while so will update again if I get anything else.

Thanks again I appreciate your help!

Comment

Hi All

Well its been a while since I have been on because I had no news! However, that has changed today - I got a letter to my new address from crapquest saying they have bought the debt from Capital One and I should contact them with arrangements to pay!
      I am not registered at this address and I am not on the voters roll either - don't know how they got it! I have basically resealed the envelope and sent it back as not known at this address. I guess I will wait and see what happens. Its been a while since I have heard from them maybe they are just fishing again? I am surprised they have not sold the debt on yet? Is it normal for them to keep a debt this long??
      Smoogy

Comment

when dealing with creditors, there is no "normal"

since you've sent it back, wait and see what happens next

Comment

Hi All

Got another letter today from Crapquest! Obviously this is less that 2 weeks since the one I returned saying not known at this address - so they are persistant!
          This letter basically says take this opportunity to get your account up to date as soon as possible. They also state that from the date they purchased the debt they have been gathering info from various sources to try to establish my current financial status and if no contact is made this info will be utilised to establish which course of action will be necessary to ensure that the account is settled.
          What info can they have on my current status?? I don't own a property etc. Im not on voters roll.
          Any advice on how to proceed appreciated. I am tempted to return this letter stating on envelope not known at this address too!!!

Comment

Originally posted by smoogy View Post
            Hi All

Got another letter today from Crapquest! Obviously this is less that 2 weeks since the one I returned saying not known at this address - so they are persistant!
            This letter basically says take this opportunity to get your account up to date as soon as possible. They also state that from the date they purchased the debt they have been gathering info from various sources to try to establish my current financial status and if no contact is made this info will be utilised to establish which course of action will be necessary to ensure that the account is settled.
            What info can they have on my current status?? I don't own a property etc. Im not on voters roll.
            Any advice on how to proceed appreciated. I am tempted to return this letter stating on envelope not known at this address too!!!
            Hi smoggy, as you are not registered at the address and not on the electoral roll it is a mystery what source they have used to connect you to the address, but don't be worrying to much about their quote ' we have been gathering info to establish current financial status" I've received the same in the past,it's just a generic letter aimed at making you think they know more than they do in order to get you comply with their demands. Personally if I was you as you have responded previously with a "not known at this address" I would sit tight and see what, if anything they send next.

Comment

Originally posted by alland View Post
              Hi smoggy, as you are not registered at the address and not on the electoral roll it is a mystery what source they have used to connect you to the address, but don't be worrying to much about their quote ' we have been gathering info to establish current financial status" I've received the same in the past,it's just a generic letter aimed at making you think they know more than they do in order to get you comply with their demands. Personally if I was you as you have responded previously with a "not known at this address" I would sit tight and see what, if anything they send next.
              Thanks for your response do you think I should return this letter with the same "not known at this address" ?

Comment

As you have already sent a previous " not known at this address " reply, if it was me I would be inclined to just sit tight and see what they come up with next.
                Just thinking about how they got on to writing to you at an address you are not on the electoral register at, DCA's do buy name and address lists from anybody who is prepared to sell to them such as the DVLA, do you have a car or drivers license to connect you with the current address ? Or have you recently filled in any on line surveys or applied for any freebies ?
                IT is a great resource for information these days, but it does make it difficult for a person to simply disappear...

Comment

Originally posted by alland View Post
                  As you have already sent a previous " not known at this address " reply, if it was me I would be inclined to just sit tight and see what they come up with next.
                  Just thinking about how they got on to writing to you at an address you are not on the electoral register at, DCA's do buy name and address lists from anybody who is prepared to sell to them such as the DVLA, do you have a car or drivers license to connect you with the current address ? Or have you recently filled in any on line surveys or applied for any freebies ?
                  IT is a great resource for information these days, but it does make it difficult for a person to simply disappear...
                  Yes I do have a driving license!
                  Will hang tight for now and not do anything - I have a feeling I will hear again from them soon!!

Comment

Anything to report ?
                    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Re: Smoogys UE Diary

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                      Anything to report ?
                      No nothing no contact whatsoever!!

Comment

• Re: Smoogys UE Diary

Fantastic x
                        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                        X