GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Ken100464 UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ken100464 UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ken100464 UE Diary

Originally posted by planB View Post
    Not at all. It's all thanks to DJ Henrietta Manners who made the ruling despite her obvious prejudice against dirty debt dodgers. She rocks

Ok her too but mostly thanks to some brave lady who stood up to them.

Out of interest as I just read the ruling. Do you know if it was the OC or the DCA. ie was it assigned or just on behalf as both seem to appear in the ruling.

Ours is an absolute assignment.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
      Ok her too but mostly thanks to some brave lady who stood up to them.

Out of interest as I just read the ruling. Do you know if it was the OC or the DCA. ie was it assigned or just on behalf as both seem to appear in the ruling.

Ours is an absolute assignment.
      I wasn't brave at all. I was hiding behind Paul in the courtroom

Yes I did spend 1.5 hours on the witness stand but I was doing that for Team Niddy and 2.5 million M&S customers, as well as for all of the old storecard accounts owned by Santander (another 2 million apparently)

The Claimant was Santander the creditor who foolishly bought G.E. Money in 2009 The DCA was Lewis Debt Recovery who sent one letter and then their in-house litigators Howard Cohen issued proceedings before I could open my laptop and respond. Now that Santander knows the legal situation I would expect them to sell off thousands of their delinquent accounts to an unsuspecting debt purchaser. Ditto M & S

Comment

The Claimant was Santander the creditor who foolishly bought G.E. Money in 2009
        Cant have been the best decision Ana Botty Bank made.

Glad to know its all the same opposition. Hopefully they will have learnt and decide to play nice

Comment

The Claimant was Santander the creditor who foolishly bought G.E. Money in 2009 The DCA was Lewis Debt Recovery who sent one letter and then their in-house litigators Howard Cohen issued proceedings before I could open my laptop and respond.
          Yes a shameful haste which I believe was purposeful as they knew they were on shaky ground.

My other half was also subject to incredibly hasty court proceedings with exactly this card but unfortunately before your judgement so is now stuck with a CCJ.

If we had known then what we know now.........

What a shame that it backfired on them though
          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
            Yes a shameful haste which I believe was purposeful as they knew they were on shaky ground.

My other half was also subject to incredibly hasty court proceedings with exactly this card but unfortunately before your judgement so is now stuck with a CCJ.

If we had known then what we know now.........

What a shame that it backfired on them though
            I know the answer on this is nothing can be done because the CCJ replaces the CCA.

But I find it interesting that if you were a terrorist or an asylum seeker or other such like person and evidence came to light after the event that the court case was seriously flawed then people would jump up and down and call it a miscarriage of justice. The judgement would be set aside and in some instances win damages.

Now say in S & V's case its been proved these cards are duff and this cannot be rectified. Surely this then becomes unsafe and all these CCJ's should be set aside. Obviously a difference between civil and crimminal law.

But even so the law makes itself out to be an ass if it doesnt rectify something that it now knows to be wrong. Eg no new modifying agreement.

Would it be feasable or even possible for someone to actually take a lender to court for obtaining a CCJ in the past on something that now has proved to be duff?

But of course I am thinking this is the finance industry and they certainly wouldnt want Joe Public to have a level playing field. And the establishment wouldnt want to upset their paymasters.

Be interesting to hear other peoples views on this?

Comment

From what i understand (and others may correct me) you can appeal a CCJ based on new evidence, but it can be tricky.

Plus dont forget that the ruling on store cards turned credit cards was not a high court ruling, therefore i think, any judge can change their view on things at any time.

So to fight the CCJ on those grounds would mean you would need a judge who wasnt willing to re-interperate another judges findings.

May be way off, so dont hold me to it, just my view.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I suppose in reality you have answered the question for me.

Joe Publics inertia and the fact judges dont like to admit one of their own has cocked up.

And by this I mean with storecards we have one ruling in favour which is good to go when you are being frog marched into court on one of these cards. Its a good starting defence.

But to go to court as the claimant that a judge fecked up in allowing a judgement debt on one of these cards probably admitted at the time is a different proposition all together.

And if you did by chance win then it means more and more judges who allowed this would have fecked up. And that wouldnt do.
                Last edited by ken100464; 10 November 2012, 11:55.

Comment

Known better as the 'Judges Lottery'

Comment

Yeah thats the conclusion you come too.

But its funny how on one side they speak case law left right and centre but then when its shows them up to be human they cant just be human and accept they have made a mistake.

I am sure even if you have been dragged to court and everything that has done to you that if a mistake had been made as say in storecards that the protection of the CCJ was removed from the debt then most people would be satisfied.

The level playing field is restored back to where it was before the mistake occurred.

Take a Debenhams card. GE Money was spanked years ago for what they were up to. Mayhew v Santander just agreed with some of why they they were spanked in the first place.

So people who havnt been dragged to court now have a defence but people who were unaware they had an unenforceable debt now have one thats become protected by the judge being party to the debt collectors charms (That took some writing )

But hey ho the establishment is right and we are wrong.

Comment

Type of account (credit card/loan) Egg
                      Credit Card
                      Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)
                      2001 however there was an account number change Apr 2007. OH cant remember anything about this. SAR has shown nothing up but also didnt reveal any CCA's
                      Approx balance
                      £2300

Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)

Are you on arrangement or not paying
                      Arrangement £20 pcm

Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)
                      Default 2009
                      Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)
                      APEX
                      19/11/2012 14 days up after initial CCA letter. No CCA. 2nd Letter now sent. Cheque cashed tho

Comment

• Type of account (credit card/loan)GE Money/Santander
                          Credit Card but could have once been a storecard There are two account numbers for this account. Seemed to change 2003/2004
                        • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)
                          2002 we think
                        • Approx balance
                          £700
                        • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)
                        • Spring 2009
                        • Are you on arrangement or not paying
                        • Arrangement £10

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)
                        • Hmmmmmmm red 6's all the way. However we know OC defaulted us in Spring 2009. ICO has this one
                        • Default spring 2009 after ICO them.

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)
                        • CL Finance
                        CCa emailed to Niddy
                        19/11/2012. 14 days up after first CCA letter. No CCA yet. Cheque cashed . 2nd CCA letter sent

Comment

Type of account (credit card/loan) MoreBankersNeedArresting ( Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo )
                          Credit card
                          2002 we think
                          Approx balance
                          £2200
                          Arrangement CCJ at £22 pcm
                          Default 2009 CCJ and CO 2009
                          Owner MFS who we write to Optima Legal
                          Strange. After last months 20% off if you pay up now this month we get 25% off if you pay up now.
                          No other contact just this

Comment

19/11/2012 14 days up after initial CCA letter. No CCA. 2nd Letter now sent. Cheque cashed tho
                            19/11/2012. 14 days up after first CCA letter. No CCA yet. Cheque cashed . 2nd CCA letter sent
                            I would have waited ............don't chase them

Comment

I2D

Thanks. There is method to the madness.

Although the first letter says what may or may not happen I wish for a clear what has happened to both DCA's.

I have been in regular contact with both over last few months. I dont want them to think this is just another mither. I want them to be clear that I consider these accounts are disputed.

The first letter quite rightly says what will be the consequences of non compliance after a request is made.

The second however is clear that the account is disputed. And this is what I want on file.

For me in my real day job we always look for the wriggle room. In both these on the first letter I can see wriggle room to our disadvantage. For one stamp the wriggle room is removed. Thus our interests are better served.

Comment

Type of account (credit card/loan) Egg
                                Credit Card
                                2001 however there was an account number change Apr 2007. OH cant remember anything about this. SAR has shown nothing up but also didnt reveal any CCA's
                                Approx balance
                                £2300

Arrangement £20 pcm

Default 2009
                                APEX
                                Letter from Apex. They are in receipt of our CCA request (1st and second letters sent to get account in dispute)

Egg are not responding to their requests for CCA but they will continue to try.

In the meantime they invite us to carry on paying.

Nice of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X