GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script UE Journey - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just a commission agent hopeful, if you pay them they get a good percentage of all monies collected/
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Wescot are only a collection agent, ignore for three months and they’ll pass it back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy_the_cat View Post
        Name Virgin
        Type of Account Credit Card
        Date Commenced March 2017
        Date Defaulted June 2019
        Approx Balance £10,000
        Account Owner Cabot
        Arrangement/Not paying Not paying
        Last Date paid March 2021
        1. Early Feb - CCA Request sent to Cabot
        2. 26 Feb 21 - Response from Cabot - Need 12 days
        3. 11 Mar 21 - Response from Cabot - Still Processing (Account unenforceable)
        4. 07 May 21 - I made a F&F offer of £400
        5. 14 May 21 - Offer Rejected and counter made of £8k
        6. 21 Jun 21 - Letter received from Cabot - "We haven't been able to obtain the information you requested from the original lender. If this information becomes available to us later, we'll complete your request and send you the relevant information. Until we can supply this, your account is unenforceable".
        7. 29 Dec 22 - I made a F&F offer of £250.
        8. 29 Dec 22 - Offer Accepted
        9. 26 Jan 23 - F&F settlement paid to Cabot by telephone
        10. 27 Jan 23 - This account is now closed and the balance is zero - checked on the Cabot app. Now awaiting the update of my credit report
        Morning All.

F&F of £250 paid yesterday. I called Cabot to make the agreed payment but there was a major kerfuffle as the operator that picked up my call would not accept the agreed payment as "there is no way anyone at Cabot would have agreed a 98% discount. There must be a mistake and my colleague should have typed £2,500, etc....". So I replied that I was effectively giving Cabot a £250 gift, and they either accept this or go for the £0 route. I hung up in the end.... Later in the day I got a call from the guy that had originally agreed the F&F of £250... He was very apologetic and had infinitely more common sense than the other dude. Anyway... £250 paid and the account is now closed.

I know there are differing opinions to my approach on this one and I know that many of you will consider this £250 wasted... But I'm just happy to get £10k off my mind. There was always an outside chance that the paperwork could have turned up and the debt became "enforceable" again, leading me to have to pay more to instruct JCS....

Small victory

Comment

• Good for you, the outcome was what YOU wanted so well done, got to wonder about the communication between these people ,glad you got the correct person on the end

Comment

Morning All.

F&F of £250 paid yesterday. I called Cabot to make the agreed payment but there was a major kerfuffle as the operator that picked up my call would not accept the agreed payment as "there is no way anyone at Cabot would have agreed a 98% discount. There must be a mistake and my colleague should have typed £2,500, etc....". So I replied that I was effectively giving Cabot a £250 gift, and they either accept this or go for the £0 route. I hung up in the end.... Later in the day I got a call from the guy that had originally agreed the F&F of £250... He was very apologetic and had infinitely more common sense than the other dude. Anyway... £250 paid and the account is now closed.

I know there are differing opinions to my approach on this one and I know that many of you will consider this £250 wasted... But I'm just happy to get £10k off my mind. There was always an outside chance that the paperwork could have turned up and the debt became "enforceable" again, leading me to have to pay more to instruct JCS....

Small victory
            Well hell of a difference = well done = your happy over with thats what it is all about. ====purrrfect excuse the pun = Tommy The Cat.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• That's a great outcome, especially with it being taken out so recently.

Comment

Name Virgin
                Date Commenced March 2017
                Date Defaulted June 2019
                Approx Balance £10,000
                Account Owner Cabot
                4. 07 May 21 - I made a F&F offer of £400
                5. 14 May 21 - Offer Rejected and counter made of £8k
                6. 21 Jun 21 - Letter received from Cabot - "We haven't been able to obtain the information you requested from the original lender. If this information becomes available to us later, we'll complete your request and send you the relevant information. Until we can supply this, your account is unenforceable".
                7. 29 Dec 22 - I made a F&F offer of £250.
                8. 29 Dec 22 - Offer Accepted
                9. 26 Jan 23 - F&F settlement paid to Cabot by telephone
                10. 27 Jan 23 - This account is now closed and the balance is zero - checked on the Cabot app. Now awaiting the update of my credit report
                11. 09 Feb 23 - Experian report now showing £0 balance and "satisfied"

Case closed!

Comment

• Good result well done. Keep file for 6 years or so.

Comment

Name Shawbrook
                    Type of Account Loan
                    Date Commenced July 2018
                    Date Defaulted May 2019
                    Approx Balance £23,000
                    Account Owner Cabot
                    4. 07 May 21 - I made a F&F offer of £600
                    5. 14 May 21 - Offer Rejected and counter made of £18k
                    6. 24 Jun 21 - Received a wad of papers from Cabot and a letter saying that they now consider the account enforceable and that they are now entitled to obtain a CCJ against me. Sent to Webmaster for UE check
                    7. Niddy has reviewed the documentation and considers it to be enforceable
                    8. 07 Jun 23 - Received letter of claim. JCS instructed.
                    Hi Everyone.

It's all been rather quiet for me recently... Until this morning! Letter of claim received and I have instructed JCS... To be honest, I'm kind of relieved that I will finally get this lump off of my mind. Wish me luck!

Comment

• You are in good hands!

Comment

Name Halifax
                        Date Commenced January 2016
                        Date Defaulted January 2019
                        Approx Balance £6,500
                        Account Owner Halifax/Wescot
                        Arrangement/Not paying Arrangement in Place
                        Last Date paid May 2021
                        1. Payment plan agreed with Westcot and ongoing
                        2. I was of the opinion that sending a CCA request for a debt not sold on would be fruitless, but Di suggest to do so anyway. To be sent this week
                        3. 15 June 2021 - CCA request sent
                        4. 21 June 2021 - Response from Wescot - "We refer to your recent communication requesting a copy of the credit agreement. This request has been noted and we will be in touch in due course. We can confirm the account has been placed on hold while we look into your request".
                        5. 28 June 2021 - Letter from Wescot - "....thanks for your patience....your account remains on hold....we will be in touch in due course..."
                        6. 06 July 2021 - CCA response from Wescot. Sent to Niddy for review.
                        7. 06 July 2021 - Niddy considers this to be enforceable.
                        8. 27 Oct 2021 - Letter received from Halifax - "As we haven't been able to agree a suitable repayment plan we've transferred your account to a debt collection agency, Credit Security Limited".
                        9. 31 Mar 2022 - Letter received from Credit Security - "....unless we hear from you within 10 days your account will be returned to our Client for further recovery action...."
                        10. 05 Oct 2023 - Letter received from Halifax - "Your account has been repaid in full and no further payments are due. We've closed your account and will notify the credit reference agencies....."
                        Good morning, Everyone. I've not posted for a while as whilst things are happening in the background, there hasn't been much in the way of "tangible" news to tell.... Until this morning... Out of the blue I received a letter from Halifax telling me that they've written-off my debt. Just like that! Not much chasing was done, very little in the way of threats.... Whilst this is a very welcome move, I'm perplexed as to why they have just given up like this. Any ideas from the seasoned pros?

Comment

Good morning, Everyone. I've not posted for a while as whilst things are happening in the background, there hasn't been much in the way of "tangible" news to tell.... Until this morning... Out of the blue I received a letter from Halifax telling me that they've written-off my debt. Just like that! Not much chasing was done, very little in the way of threats.... Whilst this is a very welcome move, I'm perplexed as to why they have just given up like this. Any ideas from the seasoned pros?
                          Hard to say without speculating.
                          Notice that at one time many Banks sent out letters saying that procedures hadn't be followed etc.. enclosing a cheque!
                          Halifax are part of the Lloyds, Royal Bank Of Scotland group and on occasions this can cause problems with Statutary Notices being sent by other than Halifax.
                          Halifax never sold the Account to DCA's which itself points to Issues doesn't it!

Check to see whether this is still being reported with the Agencies!

But well done!!!! Frame that letter!!

Comment

• if still on there if so should state partial settlement?

Comment

Working...
                            X