GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script UE Journey - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tommy_the_cat View Post

Good Morning. So, letter of claim received this morning. Please remind me of the action that I need to take at this point. Thanks
    Speak to JCS.

Comment

Good Morning. So, letter of claim received this morning. Please remind me of the action that I need to take at this point. Thanks

Did you send a SAR to Cap1, as suggested last month, and copying the letter provided above?

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

Did you send a SAR to Cap1, as suggested last month, and copying the letter provided above?
        I will do that now

Comment

• "15 Oct 2021 - This account has been removed from Experian and Equifax reports. I'm not sure why."

Does this account still not show on those reports? This could be a pertinent issue, in view of some circumstances which were discussed recently on another thread, as it seems they disappeared following your CCA request. I assume that you still haven't received a formal response specifically referring to your CCA request?

Comment

I will do that now
            A pity you didn't do it when advised. Crucial time wasted.

Comment

Name Virgin
              Type of Account Credit Card
              Date Commenced March 2017
              Date Defaulted June 2019
              Approx Balance £10,000
              Account Owner Cabot
              Arrangement/Not paying Not paying
              Last Date paid March 2021
              1. Early Feb - CCA Request sent to Cabot
              2. 26 Feb 21 - Response from Cabot - Need 12 days
              3. 11 Mar 21 - Response from Cabot - Still Processing (Account unenforceable)
              4. 07 May 21 - I made a F&F offer of £400
              5. 14 May 21 - Offer Rejected and counter made of £8k
              6. 21 Jun 21 - Letter received from Cabot - "We haven't been able to obtain the information you requested from the original lender. If this information becomes available to us later, we'll complete your request and send you the relevant information. Until we can supply this, your account is unenforceable".
              7. 29 Dec 22 - I made a F&F offer of £250.
              8. 29 Dec 22 - Offer Accepted

Hello All.

Hope everyone had a good festive break. So, long time since I've been on here as things have been relatively quite recently. In an effort to "clean up" my credit file, I've broken a golden rule and made a F&F offer on an unenforceable debt. To my surprise, it was accepted. Although I've "wasted" £250, it's a relief to get some of this debt off of my record.

Thanks All

Comment

• While it goes against the general advice on here, if it works for you then that is great news. Just make sure you hang onto all the letters etc for at least another 6 years- you know the full and final offer and their acceptance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pat View Post
                  While it goes against the general advice on here, if it works for you then that is great news. Just make sure you hang onto all the letters etc for at least another 6 years- you know the full and final offer and their acceptance.
                  AAD isn't against F&F. Its your informed choice that matters because DCA's intent is to intimidate and pressurise you for as much as they can get.

Looking here
                  6. 21 Jun 21 - Letter received from Cabot - "We haven't been able to obtain the information you requested from the original lender. If this information becomes available to us later, we'll complete your request and send you the relevant information. Until we can supply this, your account is unenforceable".

What has changed between May 21 and the 19 months to Dec 22
                  Well Jun 21 'unenforceable' by their own admittance'

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post

AAD isn't against F&F. Its your informed choice that matters because DCA's intent is to intimidate and pressurise you for as much as they can get.

Looking here

What has changed between May 21 and the 19 months to Dec 22
                    Well Jun 21 'unenforceable' by their own admittance'
                    Hi Roger....

Yes, very true. By their own admittance, the debt is not recoverable. I guess that after seeing this 10k balance on my credit file for the last four years, it's a relief to get it "settled" for a small price. Also, I suppose that there is a very small chance that the documentation may have turned up one day thus making the debt enforceable again. Highly unlikely, I know. I do feel a small victory in this one.

Comment

Hi Roger....

Yes, very true. By their own admittance, the debt is not recoverable. I guess that after seeing this 10k balance on my credit file for the last four years, it's a relief to get it "settled" for a small price. Also, I suppose that there is a very small chance that the documentation may have turned up one day thus making the debt enforceable again. Highly unlikely, I know. I do feel a small victory in this one.
                      AAD isn't against F&F . A good diary is the starting point for good decisions and taking control of your own Debts.
                      Knowledge and understanding help you make your own choice. The Cabot group have potential authorisation issues (depends upon on whom in Cabot group of companies was assigned the debt)

For others on AAD before perhaps diving in with a F&F in your Case I would have suggested a SAR on Original Lender (Virgin) because this would have revealed any correspondence between Cabot and Virgin.
                      If the SAR revealed NO DATA this would have revealed what documentation VIRGIN held in Dec 2022.

Send a SAR would have been my advice if you had posted intent in DEC 2022..
                      Just make certain that everything is tied up. In the old days debts have been sold on after F&F to other chancers!

Comment

• Always ask for advice before taking any action. Settling it for £250 is a good outcome, but if they'd rejected your offer you would have reset the statute barred clock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                          Always ask for advice before taking any action. Settling it for £250 is a good outcome, but if they'd rejected your offer you would have reset the statute barred clock.
                          Does sending a F&F offer "Without Prejudice" still reset the state barred clock?

Comment

• Does sending a F&F offer "Without Prejudice" still reset the [SB] clock?
                            I'd be interested in seeing a form of words that would not reset the clock; it would take some careful wording to argue that a debt hadn't been acknowledged while offering to pay it.

I've had a rummage around the AAD+ templates and from what I can see the F&F ones explicitly acknowledge the debt.

Does anybody know any better?

Comment

• Originally posted by Night Monkey View Post

I'd be interested in seeing a form of words that would not reset the clock; it would take some careful wording to argue that a debt hadn't been acknowledged while offering to pay it.

I've had a rummage around the AAD+ templates and from what I can see the F&F ones explicitly acknowledge the debt.

Does anybody know any better?
                              Well its UE and they shouldn't be reporting this with the CRA's

As Night Monkey points out hard to argue you've not acknowledged the debt when your offering to pay!

".. . 21 Jun 21 - Letter received from Cabot - "We haven't been able to obtain the information you requested from the original lender. If this information becomes available to us later, we'll complete your request and send you the relevant information. Until we can supply this, your account is unenforceable"

Comment

Name M&S
                                Type of Account Credit Card
                                Date Commenced June 2017
                                Date Defaulted April 2019
                                Approx Balance £3,000
                                Account Owner M&S
                                Arrangement/Not paying Arrangement in Place
                                Last Date paid May 2021
                                1. Payment plan agreed with M&S and ongoing
                                2. I was of the opinion that sending a CCA request for a debt not sold on would be fruitless, but Di suggest to do so anyway. To be sent this week
                                3. 15 June 2021 - CCA request sent
                                4. 09 Jan 2023 - Letter received from M&S to say that the account has been passed to Wescot
                                Letter received from M&S - account passed to Wescot.

Comment

Working...
                                X