GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debt Diary 2020 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debt Diary 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger
    replied
    Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

My understanding is that when a debt is assigned, the only requirement for the notice of assignment is that it be in writing. There is no particular form it must take.

There are two types of assignment, Legal and Equitable. See this link for further info on the differences.
    https://www.scotlanddebt.co.uk/artic...heir%20behalf.

Note that "If a Legal Assignment has been made, part of the purchasing company’s obligations are to inform you of the situation via an official Notice of Assignment, and let you know that payment should be made to themselves rather than your former creditor."
    Thank you Still Waving
    At this point simply record in your Diary!
    Remember Assignment chains can create problems over Legal Rights

Leave a comment:

• Still Waving
    replied
    Originally posted by Night Monkey View Post

I've just received a letter confirming a similar email about a month ago. It does specifically state that the account has been 'recently transferred', perhaps someone more qualified than me could comment on whether that qualifies as a true assignment for debt chasing purposes?
    My understanding is that when a debt is assigned, the only requirement for the notice of assignment is that it be in writing. There is no particular form it must take.

There are two types of assignment, Legal and Equitable. See this link for further info on the differences.
    https://www.scotlanddebt.co.uk/artic...heir%20behalf.

Note that "If a Legal Assignment has been made, part of the purchasing company’s obligations are to inform you of the situation via an official Notice of Assignment, and let you know that payment should be made to themselves rather than your former creditor."

Leave a comment:

• Night Monkey
    replied
    I had that message too, it was in an email with no date of transfer, I'm not sure how that stands legally.
    I've just received a letter confirming a similar email about a month ago. It does specifically state that the account has been 'recently transferred', perhaps someone more qualified than me could comment on whether that qualifies as a true assignment for debt chasing purposes?

Leave a comment:

• Sparkles
    replied
    I had that message too, it was in an email with no date of transfer, I'm not sure how that stands legally.

Leave a comment:

• Colin G Quinn
    replied
    Originally posted by adam92 View Post
    Updated main post with PRA Group (Overdraft)

I may be wrong wasn’t a notice of assignment just a switch around by PRA internally? Included data protection act notices for each company and a statement
    Hi,

It would be referring to an alleged new assignment and not just a corporate restructure. Both are different legal entities. Hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Leave a comment:

• Night Monkey
    replied
    I may be wrong wasn’t a notice of assignment just a switch around by PRA internally? Included data protection act notices for each company and a statement
    Exactly what happened with my PRA account, file it and ignore.

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied

All I know is that in the Past PRA came unstuck with what they claimed was a Company Renaming when actually a Assignment was required.

Leave a comment:

• Pat
    replied

I think that is exactly what it is. All debt buyers seem to periodically restructure their businesses , not sure why probably to take account of favourable tax breaks and the like.

Leave a comment:

• adam92
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    Update for the above - they’ve received my letter and sent a response letter that just says

“We can confirm the amount of XXXX please contact us on 00.. etc”

not even an acknowledgement of the letter contents
    Office Jockey 3rd drawer down response, they will not acknowledge letter as Harassment case might show contempt by them. (another Story)

Leave a comment:

• adam92
    replied
    Update for the above - they’ve received my letter and sent a response letter that just says

“We can confirm the amount of XXXX please contact us on 00.. etc”

not even an acknowledgement of the letter contents

Leave a comment:

• adam92
    replied
    Thanks for the help, letter sent

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    could send to both depends on state of action if any they have

Leave a comment:

• adam92
    replied
    Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
    our letter are worded as not to set clock, we would not ask you to send them if it did.

Thank you - so I just send this to RC or to both companies?

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    our letter are worded as not to set clock, we would not ask you to send them if it did.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X