GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debt Diary 2020 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debt Diary 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PlanB
    replied
    Originally posted by adam92 View Post
    Received an alarming treasure trove of documents today to a request which I’ll upload and send to niddy for checking.

Was there a credit agreement amongst them, or just masses of statements and reconstituted Ts & Cs?

Di

Leave a comment:

• adam92
    replied
    Received an alarming treasure trove of documents today to a request which I’ll upload and send to niddy for checking.

Leave a comment:

• adam92
    replied
    Update - Credit Card

After speaking over the phone with a gentlemen from Joanna Connolly (much appreciated) we came to the conclusion that I’d like to avoid court wherever possible.

And I’m not disputing repayment the issue & potentially the wrong decision; I stopped payments when they failed to comply with my CCA request.

In a nutshell

Missed payment. Payment plan agreed.

Sold 3 years later never defaulted.

CCA sent.

Termination letter from AG received. (Not a valid notice of default Di has explained)

Reading other threads it seems there’s nothing I can do to stop AG applying a default (D) on my credit file.

So the risk is they may or may not next month.

—-

I could potentially source 30% of the debt and make a final offer on the provision no damaging CRA info is made.

Or continue the previous payment plan and prevent damaging CRA info.

Does that sound advisable to anyone to avoid a CRA default?

Leave a comment:

• adam92
    replied
    Can I please extend thanks to Colin at Joanna Connolly Solicitors who picked up my emails this week in bit of a mess around the CRA potential default with Arrows. Replied swiftly and most patiently with all my questions. Even though I'm still concerned about next month and what or what not to do if that may come, at least enforceability wise he's rationally explained my position and aided me greatly.

Leave a comment:

• adam92
    replied
    Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
    Hi Adam

I think you should send a very simple letter to Lowell- nothing more

Something along the lines of

'Thank you for your letter. I do not recognise the email address you quote. Please send all communication to the address on this letter'

Make sure you keep a copy of this letter and proof of posting- 2nd class is fine.

Please let us know if you hear more.

Thanks! Will do

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied
    Hi Adam

I think you should send a very simple letter to Lowell- nothing more

Something along the lines of

'Thank you for your letter. I do not recognise the email address you quote. Please send all communication to the address on this letter'

Make sure you keep a copy of this letter and proof of posting- 2nd class is fine.

Please let us know if you hear more.

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied
    I’m assuming this is the Capital One account

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied
    Hi Adam

Got your message
    Let me have a think.

There are pros and cons to doing everything. I’ll get back to you tomorrow ( 1 day won’t hurt).

Leave a comment:

• adam92
    replied
    Sorry for bothering everyone again, I’m wanting to ask if I should be contacting Vanquis to default this much sooner to avoid Arrows hitting me next month?

Seems arbitrary that they are going to do that when NCO told me no further action would be taken until my request was supplied.

To be honest I’m just panicking about another 6 years with a default and nervous about waiting.

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Connolly Solicitors
    replied
    Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
    AG used to try and say they were not the creditor and therefore not liable

I sometimes wonder whether that's not wholly inaccurate if there could be 'assignment issues' . . .

Di

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied
    Not sure if they still do it but AG used to try and say they were not the creditor and therefore not liable BUT out of the goodness of their hearts they would try to source the documents.

complete load of but god bless em for trying .

Leave a comment:

replied
    Hi Di,

I’ve just checked the letter. They acknowledge the request and have submitted it to Arrows for the information, and state they have placed the account on hold..

Good. So you have a letter confirming your CCA Request was passed to Arrow who have failed to comply with it.

This means it's unenforceable unless or until they do comply. Simples.

No need to do anything, and I also suggest you don't rock the boat by challenging that curious letter from NCO which will only draw attention to yourself.

Di

Leave a comment:

• adam92
    replied
    Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

No need to say sorry. It can take a little while to settle into this forum’s way of doing things.

I can see you received an acknowledgment of your CCA Request from NCO at the time. Did the letter say what they would do next, such as forward it to Arrow or ask the original creditor for the documents?

Di
    Hi Di,

I’ve just checked the letter. They acknowledge the request and have submitted it to Arrows for the information, and state they have placed the account on hold..

Leave a comment:

replied

Hi Di,

I don't know if it's of relevance, CCA Request was sent to NCO, as they are dealing with it on behalf of AG.

No need to say sorry. It can take a little while to settle into this forum’s way of doing things.

I can see you received an acknowledgment of your CCA Request from NCO at the time. Did the letter say what they would do next, such as forward it to Arrow or ask the original creditor for the documents?

Di

Leave a comment:

• adam92
    replied
    (Front Page Post)

Type: CC
    Date Commenced: 2014
    Default: Never & since sold on.
    Balance: £1300
    Last Paid: July 20
    Owner: Sold to Arrow/NCO (Vanquis)

(Each month a statement is received from Arrow Global since 2019)

Dec 2015 - Over limit paid £1.00
    Jan 2016 -Missed payment of £130
    Feb 2016 - Over limit continued.
    Mar 2016 - ATP Set up
    Mar 2019 - Removed from CRA files
    July 2019 - Account Sold to Arrows (managed by NCO Europe) not on any files.
    July 2020 - CCA Request Sent to NCO Europe stopped making payments from this point onwards.
    Aug 2020 - Confirmation of request sent to me
    Feb 2021 - Notice of Default (Di notes this isn't a compliant notice)

Hi Di,

Sorry for that. I've updated the main post on the front page. And fixed the dates as I gave you an incorrect date previously, this above is now the lay of the land at the moment..

I don't know if it's of relevance, CCA Request was sent to NCO, as they are dealing with it on behalf of AG.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X