GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debt Diary 2020 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debt Diary 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adam92
    replied
    Hello Haven't had an update for a while, had a change this month with CapQuest (from what I've heard horrible buggers) managing the Arrow Global CC account (updated the main post) - still waiting on a CCA request from them I think since July 2020

Leave a comment:

• adam92
    replied
    A further update,

The Overdraft account that was with Idem has been sold to Hoist (whom I swear had it before but may have been another account)

Lowell have had the cheek to send a letter stating they’ll offer a 0% interest free payment plan and stop interest on an account they can’t apply interest too

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    Originally posted by adam92 View Post

They should have all dropped off by now, I’ll have a look.

I think they are SB as of the 20th this month. They’ve also sent me a text last Friday that an “important letter awaits you” and a link to login in somewhere which I’ve just deleted.
    Well Done because everything in SNAIL MAIL. Block their number if you can!!
    Just treat as if a SCAM attempt!! Don't open and DON'T click
    Any Claim would have to be posted!!

The CCA1974 is a SNAIL MAIL Act! Always worth remembering that!

Leave a comment:

• adam92
    replied
    Originally posted by Roger View Post

Check your CRA's
    ".. After silence for a number of years .."
    Because these may be Statute Barred or close to this.
    So check your records and yes the CRA's
    They should have all dropped off by now, I’ll have a look.

I think they are SB as of the 20th this month. They’ve also sent me a text last Friday that an “important letter awaits you” and a link to login in somewhere which I’ve just deleted.

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    Originally posted by adam92 View Post
    After silence for a number of years Lantern (who took over the Pay Day Loans and merged them together) have decided to get in touch via aletter stating they've been trying to contact to no reply and referred my account to QDR Solicitors and to get in touch with them within 7 days. I'm assuming this is just a scare tactic having a quick Google of other experiences?
    Check your CRA's
    ".. After silence for a number of years .."
    Because these may be Statute Barred or close to this.
    So check your records and yes the CRA's

Leave a comment:

• adam92
    replied
    After silence for a number of years Lantern (who took over the Pay Day Loans and merged them together) have decided to get in touch via aletter stating they've been trying to contact to no reply and referred my account to QDR Solicitors and to get in touch with them within 7 days. I'm assuming this is just a scare tactic having a quick Google of other experiences?

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    just commission hopefuls

Leave a comment:

• adam92
    replied
    Type: Overdraft
    Date Commenced: 2008
    Default: 2016
    Balance: £1010
    Last Paid: Feb 2019
    Owner: Sold to PRA (old Natwest)

09/21 - Letter offering 10% discount.
    03/22 - Letter stating Moorcraft have been tasked with collection
    After hearing nothing from PRA for months (and I think only one letter in nearly 2 years) they’ve contacted me stating they’ve asked Moorcraft to begin chasing..

Leave a comment:

• adam92
    replied
    Further letters received this past Thursday including a arrears notice from Barclays for the CDL so they have the right address finally updated. I've updated the first post

Leave a comment:

• adam92
    replied
    Two fishing letters?
    Possibly because they think you are nearing Statute Bar?

Just keep a wary eye on these two carrion crows!
    To be fair they are quite a way from being SB yet will update if anything else comes

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    Two fishing letters?
    Possibly because they think you are nearing Statute Bar?

Just keep a wary eye on these two carrion crows!

Leave a comment:

• adam92
    replied
    Update to two accounts.

Notably Intrum (standard letter it seems, offering 15 % discount if I can pay X amount this month)

PRA (Overdraft) who I absolutely cannot remember the last time they contacted me it’s at least 18 months if not more offering 10% discount.

Leave a comment:

• adam92
    replied
    Originally posted by PlanB View Post

Thanks for the update (it helps if you update the original post for each debt whenever anything happens and ideally re-quote it for members to respond to your new questions when they've read the story so far).

Now that the debt has been deemed enforceable by Niddy you need to pay attention to every letter that you get. Post on the forum and you'll get suggestions. Sometimes it's safe to ignore, other times you may need to send one of the AAD template letters to strop them in their tracks.

I can see the account was Defaulted in 2012 so as you say it's not showing on your CRA file anymore. A Default should only be registered once so I can only guess that Intrum will be searching your credit file to assess your financial health to see if it's worth them pursuing you.

Like I say, that's only a guess.

Di
    Thanks for your perspective Di appreciated. I'll update if other letters arrive. They have been hounding my phone on a weekly basis but straight to voicemail

Leave a comment:

• adam92
    replied
    Thought for the Day!
    The CRA'S of course need to look rosy if you are seeking to improve YOUR Credit Rating.
    BUT
    It really pays NOT to look rosy where DCA's are still a part of your Life.
    Your CRA facts are NOT for Tax purposes!
    Hi Roger, I mentioned before my file has improved tenfold and really turned a corner.

Seems unfair that a DCA can threaten and pull a hard-search when you aren't requesting credit nor are they providing it. A soft search for address purposes at best I can understand.

And when they are clearly aware of my address to begin with seems un-needed. Evidently if I did need credit or choose to in the next 12 months they'd see such a search (hard).

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    Thought for the Day!
    The CRA'S of course need to look rosy if you are seeking to improve YOUR Credit Rating.
    BUT
    It really pays NOT to look rosy where DCA's are still a part of your Life.
    Your CRA facts are NOT for Tax purposes!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X