GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debt Diary 2020 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debt Diary 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adam92
    replied
    Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
    Never-In-Doubt Can you help?
    Already managed to speak to him about it happening a few months ago. Nothing I can do. Thanks tho

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied
    Never-In-Doubt Can you help?

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied
    Sadly defaults are something we all have to live with when we stop paying. AP markers also damage your credit file . It will drop off 6 years from the date it was applied.

I am 100% sure about defaults but maybe ask Niddy

Leave a comment:

• adam92
    replied
    Do you mean AG have taken the vet reporting the default or placed a second default on your file. Look at the default date - they can take over reporting but shouldn’t report a new one.
    It was never defaulted by the original creditor so there is no previous date. This is the first time. Apologies for confusing things.

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied
    Do you mean AG have taken the vet reporting the default or placed a second default on your file. Look at the default date - they can take over reporting but shouldn’t report a new one.

Leave a comment:

• adam92
    replied
    Type: CC
    Date Commenced: 2014
    Default: Never & since sold on.
    Balance: £1300
    Last Paid: July 20
    Owner: Sold to Arrow/NCO (Vanquis)

(Each month a statement is received from Arrow Global since 2019)

Dec 2015 - Over limit paid £1.00-
    Jan 2016 - Missed payment of £130
    Feb 2016 - Over limit continued.
    Mar 2016 - ATP Set up
    Mar 2019 - Removed from CRA files
    July 2019 - Account Sold to Arrows (managed by NCO Europe) not on any files.
    July 2020 - CCA Request Sent to NCO Europe stopped making payments from this point onwards.
    Aug 2020 - Confirmation of request sent to me
    Feb 2021 - Notice of Default/Termination? (Di notes this isn't a compliant notice)
    Apr 2021 - Monthly Account Statement showing arrears

May 2021 - Letter confirming termination of agreement
    May 2021 - Default applied
    AG have slapped a default on my file and begun reporting. The address is incorrect mind, even more frustrating considering they contact me at the right address.

Leave a comment:

• adam92
    replied
    Did they write to you saying they could not comply with your CCA request because they could not match you up with an account (or something similar). Am I also correct in thinking this is a career development loan that was underwritten by the Government? I ask because it might make a difference as to how you handle it.
    That's the one

They stated the address/signature didn't match their records (I did actually have to update my signature in branch, the lady said it was such a tiny difference it shouldn't of even mattered)

The letter from Sep/Oct 2020 states "once the records have been updated please resubmit your request with a valid letter of authority" and returned the postal order.

So I've not done anything with this yet (bar updated my address/sig records)

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied
    Did they write to you saying they could not comply with your CCA request because they could not match you up with an account (or something similar). Am I also correct in thinking this is a career development loan that was underwritten by the Government? I ask because it might make a difference as to how you handle it.

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    CCA request not cancelled ( a few companies do not want the £1) keep that letter safe on return of the £1 (did you keep copy of CCA request if so attach that letter to it)., if they have not sent the CCA then no court action can be taken until/if they do.

Barclays like other Banks ask you to into Branch for identity purposes.

Leave a comment:

• adam92
    replied
    Originally posted by adam92 View Post
    Hello,

Type: CDL Loan
    Date Commenced: 2012
    Default: 2013?
    Balance: 8000
    Last Paid: May 2020
    Owner: Barclays (original)

Aug - Request Sent
    Oct - Letter Received Stating They Didn't Recognise My Details (despite me adding former addresses and new address onto the letter, and having also received a SAR for the account in August) Asked me to go to a branch
    Nov - I sent a reply letter stating they'd already sent my SAR and have my new address. Checked address with Barclays on phone. Correct.

.[/COLOR]
    So to update this as i believe my prior CCA was cancelled as they sent back the £1 and had the address issues in October 2020.

I was still noticing this address wasn't updated on my credit reports so I rang Barclays. They told me they could see the updated address but for whatever reason it wasn't on all my accounts, and I'd have to go into branch (I have a old current account with them too, which has about £1 in).

So I've been in May 2021 and now my address is fully updated. I'm assuming this will now be updated with all their departments as a result.

So I've not been receiving any communications around the CDL loan as these I'm guessing were still going to my old address. Should I send a new CCA now that I've updated the records, or wait for the first letter to come to this address?

I'm thinking of not poking the bear really, but without knowing of any correspondence for years now around the account I'm a bit out of the loop with it and stopped paying last summer.

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied
    Oops won’t do that again.

Letter from Arrow basically stating confirmation that an agreement between “(Vanquis now Arrow Gobal.. and me) has automatically ended and they’ve applied a default on my file.

And to get in touch with NCO (who still haven’t heard from since the CCA request last August) and if an agreement can’t be made (calling the amount in full) they’ll look for other options like a debt collection agency.

It’s fine - I wasn’t telling you off, I’m just watching your back to help you not to make things worse for yourself

I don’t know the full details of your debt but I think the account should have been defaulted (following a compliant Default Notice) and terminated prior to it being assigned/sold to a debt purchaser.

You say Arrow has not complied with your CCA Request from last August (2020) so if that’s the case the debt ought to be unenforceable regardless of any other potential statutory breaches.

Di

Leave a comment:

• adam92
    replied
    Oops won’t do that again.

Letter from Arrow basically stating confirmation that an agreement between “(Vanquis now Arrow Gobal.. and me) has automatically ended and they’ve applied a default on my file.

And to get in touch with NCO (who still haven’t heard from since the CCA request last August) and if an agreement can’t be made (calling the amount in full) they’ll look for other options like a debt collection agency.

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied
    Received the attached today just to update

It's best not to upload documents on the forum because some debt purchasers or their solicitors read threads and could use the information against you.

I've removed that letter just to be safe since relevant dates were visible.

When you receive correspondence simply post who sent you the letter, and what it said briefly.

Di

Leave a comment:

• adam92
    replied
    Received the attached today just to update

Leave a comment:

• adam92
    replied
    Originally posted by PlanB View Post

Was there a credit agreement amongst them, or just masses of statements and reconstituted Ts & Cs?

Di
    Hi Di

Will update the first post with the info:

Idem sent me a note acknowledging my request for CCA (Overdraft) and they couldn't enforce at the moment as they don't have it, but have requested it and included a account statement.

(Recorded and signed for)

Lowell have sent me what appears to be a compliant CCA but I'm sending to Niddy now to check via email. Also includes OC pages and pages of statements.
    (Again it was a recorded and signed for envelope)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X