GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debt Diary 2020 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debt Diary 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
    Ophelos -

"We use smart technology to work out what day and time is the most convenient to contact you, whether it’s by email, WhatsApp, SMS or post."

What nonsense - 1st signs of lack of integrity by them, lol
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Now I’m a little scared. Capquest are now working with ResolveCall and will be trying to make a door stop visit. Absolutely do not want this or someone trying to get in via a neighbour

this is for the Arrows (Vanquis) account where I’m losing track of whose doing what with it

i notice there was a letter posted you could send (May or may not work I read) on the forum to state you only will deal in writing is it worth sending? I don’t want to reset the clock with it if that makes sense

Comment

• Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit get proof posting free.,
        and knocking doors, who when told go away leave a calling card ready for the bin = No Powers.
        no guarantee but doorstep visits are just some local clown out person making an income from deliveries letters, lot of people give up then and the freighter has been completed. post man really, close gate on way out politely. then have a cup of tea.
        Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 21 August 2023, 12:05.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by adam92 View Post
          Now I’m a little scared. Capquest are now working with ResolveCall and will be trying to make a door stop visit. Absolutely do not want this or someone trying to get in via a neighbour
          No need to be scared. As Tech Clerk said they have no powers and will certainly not be trying to get in. They are NOT BAILIFFS. No need to discuss anything with them. Certainly no admission of liability.

Comment

• Now I’m a little scared.
            Which is exactly what they want. As stated above, they have no powers, get paid for turning up and should walk away quietly when asked to do so. Try not to let the possibility bother you.

Comment

Now I’m a little scared. Capquest are now working with ResolveCall and will be trying to make a door stop visit. Absolutely do not want this or someone trying to get in via a neighbour

this is for the Arrows (Vanquis) account where I’m losing track of whose doing what with it

i notice there was a letter posted you could send (May or may not work I read) on the forum to state you only will deal in writing is it worth sending? I don’t want to reset the clock with it if that makes sense
              Don't stress over Resolvecall, Just send the doorstep letter as Tech Clerk advises, And if they do turn up, Just say sorry don't want to talk with you, please leave. And they will?

Comment

• Thank you for all the help putting my mind at a better ease.

sending the letter to RC won’t reset the clock at all will it?

Comment

• our letter are worded as not to set clock, we would not ask you to send them if it did.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                    our letter are worded as not to set clock, we would not ask you to send them if it did.

Thank you - so I just send this to RC or to both companies?

Comment

• could send to both depends on state of action if any they have

Comment

• Thanks for the help, letter sent

Comment

• Update for the above - they’ve received my letter and sent a response letter that just says

“We can confirm the amount of XXXX please contact us on 00.. etc”

not even an acknowledgement of the letter contents

Comment

Update for the above - they’ve received my letter and sent a response letter that just says

“We can confirm the amount of XXXX please contact us on 00.. etc”

not even an acknowledgement of the letter contents
                            Office Jockey 3rd drawer down response, they will not acknowledge letter as Harassment case might show contempt by them. (another Story)

Comment

• Updated main post with PRA Group (Overdraft)

I may be wrong wasn’t a notice of assignment just a switch around by PRA internally? Included data protection act notices for each company and a statement

Comment

Updated main post with PRA Group (Overdraft)

I may be wrong wasn’t a notice of assignment just a switch around by PRA internally? Included data protection act notices for each company and a statement
                                I think that is exactly what it is. All debt buyers seem to periodically restructure their businesses , not sure why probably to take account of favourable tax breaks and the like.

Comment

Working...
                                X