GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debt Diary 2020 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debt Diary 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
    Did they write to you saying they could not comply with your CCA request because they could not match you up with an account (or something similar). Am I also correct in thinking this is a career development loan that was underwritten by the Government? I ask because it might make a difference as to how you handle it.
    That's the one

They stated the address/signature didn't match their records (I did actually have to update my signature in branch, the lady said it was such a tiny difference it shouldn't of even mattered)

The letter from Sep/Oct 2020 states "once the records have been updated please resubmit your request with a valid letter of authority" and returned the postal order.

So I've not done anything with this yet (bar updated my address/sig records)

Comment

Type: CC
      Date Commenced: 2014
      Default: Never & since sold on.
      Balance: £1300
      Last Paid: July 20
      Owner: Sold to Arrow/NCO (Vanquis)

(Each month a statement is received from Arrow Global since 2019)

Dec 2015 - Over limit paid £1.00-
      Jan 2016 - Missed payment of £130
      Feb 2016 - Over limit continued.
      Mar 2016 - ATP Set up
      Mar 2019 - Removed from CRA files
      July 2019 - Account Sold to Arrows (managed by NCO Europe) not on any files.
      July 2020 - CCA Request Sent to NCO Europe stopped making payments from this point onwards.
      Aug 2020 - Confirmation of request sent to me
      Feb 2021 - Notice of Default/Termination? (Di notes this isn't a compliant notice)
      Apr 2021 - Monthly Account Statement showing arrears

May 2021 - Letter confirming termination of agreement
      May 2021 - Default applied
      AG have slapped a default on my file and begun reporting. The address is incorrect mind, even more frustrating considering they contact me at the right address.

Comment

Do you mean AG have taken the vet reporting the default or placed a second default on your file. Look at the default date - they can take over reporting but shouldn’t report a new one.

Comment

Do you mean AG have taken the vet reporting the default or placed a second default on your file. Look at the default date - they can take over reporting but shouldn’t report a new one.
          It was never defaulted by the original creditor so there is no previous date. This is the first time. Apologies for confusing things.

Comment

Sadly defaults are something we all have to live with when we stop paying. AP markers also damage your credit file . It will drop off 6 years from the date it was applied.

I am 100% sure about defaults but maybe ask Niddy

Comment

Never-In-Doubt Can you help?

Comment

Never-In-Doubt Can you help?
                Already managed to speak to him about it happening a few months ago. Nothing I can do. Thanks tho

Comment

Make Notes in your paper files!
                  Read and Learn to sit on your hands!
                  You wrote!
                  "..AG have slapped a default on my file and begun reporting. The address is incorrect mind, even more frustrating considering they contact me at the right address. .."

THAT difference IS important! They didn't pluck these addresses out of the ether did they! It means something wrong in their records!
                  DON'T correct them because this could become very important at some later Date!

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                    Make Notes in your paper files!
                    Read and Learn to sit on your hands!
                    You wrote!
                    "..AG have slapped a default on my file and begun reporting. The address is incorrect mind, even more frustrating considering they contact me at the right address. .."

THAT difference IS important! They didn't pluck these addresses out of the ether did they! It means something wrong in their records!
                    DON'T correct them because this could become very important at some later Date!

Thanks Roger. I'll keep a note of that and not correct anyone. Just frustrated that its there for another 6 years but well its done now.

In the meantime for those reading

I've had another Statement from AG (whom despite 'terminating' the agreement keep sending a credit card style statement out..

And Lowell have sent 6 letters this month for the Capital 1 Debt.

Comment

Did they write to you saying they could not comply with your CCA request because they could not match you up with an account (or something similar). Am I also correct in thinking this is a career development loan that was underwritten by the Government? I ask because it might make a difference as to how you handle it.
                      Hi Warwick, just wanted to question your response to my update later on. (It is a CDL) and the addresses have been updated now do I just leave this?

Comment

Not sure NCO are following the law here. So you stopped paying in 2016 but went onto an arrangement which you continued to July 2020.

Then in May 21 they've added a default? No. That's nonsense. That's wholly a breach of the principles of reciprocation; they've had ample time to default you. I'm sure the actual s.87/88 notices will be invalid too which may help you later too.

Your biggest error was going on an arrangement without first defaulting. But is the entry what's showing on your credit file the only ever entry for this product or did the creditor ever report it / what about throughout the AP?

It can be argued but it could be futile - maybe hope they issue a claim then use the bad DN against them, I dunno. It's not worth spending weeks arguing over but it's still naughty how they've behaved.
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Not sure NCO are following the law here. So you stopped paying in 2016 but went onto an arrangement which you continued to July 2020.

Then in May 21 they've added a default? No. That's nonsense. That's wholly a breach of the principles of reciprocation; they've had ample time to default you. I'm sure the actual s.87/88 notices will be invalid too which may help you later too.

Your biggest error was going on an arrangement without first defaulting. But is the entry what's showing on your credit file the only ever entry for this product or did the creditor ever report it / what about throughout the AP?

It can be argued but it could be futile - maybe hope they issue a claim then use the bad DN against them, I dunno. It's not worth spending weeks arguing over but it's still naughty how they've behaved.
                          Hi Niddy apologies I didnt stop in 2016, I was on a payment plan then,

So I didn't stop paying until July 2020 to the DCA who bought the debt.

From Mar 2016 - I had a payment plan with Vanquis for a tenner a month, they sold it in 2019 to Arrow/NCO, and I continued sending the money to Vanquis, and only stopped last summer when i sent the CCA off if that makes sense?

So Vanquis removed the file in 2019 from my file - it was always reported as payments made but under an arrangement.
                          Arrow now report it on my file, so it shows no history until May 2021 and it shows as defaulted.

Dec 2015 - Over limit paid £1.00-
                          Jan 2016 - Missed payment of £130
                          Feb 2016 - Over limit continued.
                          Mar 2016 - ATP Set up
                          Mar 2019 - Removed from CRA files
                          July 2019 - Account Sold to Arrows (managed by NCO Europe) not on any files.
                          July 2020 - CCA Request Sent to NCO Europe stopped making payments from this point onwards.
                          Aug 2020 - Confirmation of request sent to me
                          Feb 2021 - Notice of Default/Termination? (Di notes this isn't a compliant notice)
                          Apr 2021 - Monthly Account Statement showing arrears

May 2021 - Letter confirming termination of agreement
                          May 2021 - Default applied

Comment

I've received a year later a CCA request back for the Aqua Card which I'll send to Niddy and see what the deal is. Quite surprised as its over 13 years old so a bit disappointing

Comment

Originally posted by adam92 View Post
                              I've received a year later a CCA request back for the Aqua Card which I'll send to Niddy and see what the deal is. Quite surprised as its over 13 years old so a bit disappointing
                              I know we hope they have lost these things but hey ho. In any case there may well be other things that make it UE even if the CCA is enforceable. An example would be a bad Default Notice .

As for the previous post - I know the ICO changed guidance but it used to say a default should be applied when in an arrangement as it was otherwise unfair. Niddy will know more than me but I am sure it is unfair to wait so long. I guess the problem is, if that tenner a month was enough to meet minimum repayments they might argue you had not actually defaulted.

Comment

Originally posted by adam92 View Post
                                send copy CCA to webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk no redacting it send as complete refer to this thread
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X