GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debt Diary 2020 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debt Diary 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m assuming this is the Capital One account

Comment

Hi Adam

I think you should send a very simple letter to Lowell- nothing more

Something along the lines of

'Thank you for your letter. I do not recognise the email address you quote. Please send all communication to the address on this letter'

Make sure you keep a copy of this letter and proof of posting- 2nd class is fine.

Please let us know if you hear more.

Comment

Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
        Hi Adam

I think you should send a very simple letter to Lowell- nothing more

Something along the lines of

'Thank you for your letter. I do not recognise the email address you quote. Please send all communication to the address on this letter'

Make sure you keep a copy of this letter and proof of posting- 2nd class is fine.

Please let us know if you hear more.

Thanks! Will do

Comment

Can I please extend thanks to Colin at Joanna Connolly Solicitors who picked up my emails this week in bit of a mess around the CRA potential default with Arrows. Replied swiftly and most patiently with all my questions. Even though I'm still concerned about next month and what or what not to do if that may come, at least enforceability wise he's rationally explained my position and aided me greatly.

Comment

Update - Credit Card

After speaking over the phone with a gentlemen from Joanna Connolly (much appreciated) we came to the conclusion that I’d like to avoid court wherever possible.

And I’m not disputing repayment the issue & potentially the wrong decision; I stopped payments when they failed to comply with my CCA request.

In a nutshell

Missed payment. Payment plan agreed.

Sold 3 years later never defaulted.

CCA sent.

Termination letter from AG received. (Not a valid notice of default Di has explained)

Reading other threads it seems there’s nothing I can do to stop AG applying a default (D) on my credit file.

So the risk is they may or may not next month.

—-

I could potentially source 30% of the debt and make a final offer on the provision no damaging CRA info is made.

Or continue the previous payment plan and prevent damaging CRA info.

Does that sound advisable to anyone to avoid a CRA default?

Comment

Received an alarming treasure trove of documents today to a request which I’ll upload and send to niddy for checking.

Comment

Originally posted by adam92 View Post
                Received an alarming treasure trove of documents today to a request which I’ll upload and send to niddy for checking.

Was there a credit agreement amongst them, or just masses of statements and reconstituted Ts & Cs?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post

Was there a credit agreement amongst them, or just masses of statements and reconstituted Ts & Cs?

Di
                  Hi Di

Will update the first post with the info:

Idem sent me a note acknowledging my request for CCA (Overdraft) and they couldn't enforce at the moment as they don't have it, but have requested it and included a account statement.

(Recorded and signed for)

Lowell have sent me what appears to be a compliant CCA but I'm sending to Niddy now to check via email. Also includes OC pages and pages of statements.
                  (Again it was a recorded and signed for envelope)

Comment

Received the attached today just to update

Comment

Received the attached today just to update

It's best not to upload documents on the forum because some debt purchasers or their solicitors read threads and could use the information against you.

I've removed that letter just to be safe since relevant dates were visible.

When you receive correspondence simply post who sent you the letter, and what it said briefly.

Di

Comment

Oops won’t do that again.

Letter from Arrow basically stating confirmation that an agreement between “(Vanquis now Arrow Gobal.. and me) has automatically ended and they’ve applied a default on my file.

And to get in touch with NCO (who still haven’t heard from since the CCA request last August) and if an agreement can’t be made (calling the amount in full) they’ll look for other options like a debt collection agency.

Comment

Oops won’t do that again.

Letter from Arrow basically stating confirmation that an agreement between “(Vanquis now Arrow Gobal.. and me) has automatically ended and they’ve applied a default on my file.

And to get in touch with NCO (who still haven’t heard from since the CCA request last August) and if an agreement can’t be made (calling the amount in full) they’ll look for other options like a debt collection agency.

It’s fine - I wasn’t telling you off, I’m just watching your back to help you not to make things worse for yourself

I don’t know the full details of your debt but I think the account should have been defaulted (following a compliant Default Notice) and terminated prior to it being assigned/sold to a debt purchaser.

You say Arrow has not complied with your CCA Request from last August (2020) so if that’s the case the debt ought to be unenforceable regardless of any other potential statutory breaches.

Di

Comment

Hello,

Type: CDL Loan
                            Date Commenced: 2012
                            Default: 2013?
                            Balance: 8000
                            Last Paid: May 2020
                            Owner: Barclays (original)

Aug - Request Sent
                            Oct - Letter Received Stating They Didn't Recognise My Details (despite me adding former addresses and new address onto the letter, and having also received a SAR for the account in August) Asked me to go to a branch
                            Nov - I sent a reply letter stating they'd already sent my SAR and have my new address. Checked address with Barclays on phone. Correct.

.[/COLOR]
                            So to update this as i believe my prior CCA was cancelled as they sent back the £1 and had the address issues in October 2020.

I was still noticing this address wasn't updated on my credit reports so I rang Barclays. They told me they could see the updated address but for whatever reason it wasn't on all my accounts, and I'd have to go into branch (I have a old current account with them too, which has about £1 in).

So I've been in May 2021 and now my address is fully updated. I'm assuming this will now be updated with all their departments as a result.

So I've not been receiving any communications around the CDL loan as these I'm guessing were still going to my old address. Should I send a new CCA now that I've updated the records, or wait for the first letter to come to this address?

I'm thinking of not poking the bear really, but without knowing of any correspondence for years now around the account I'm a bit out of the loop with it and stopped paying last summer.

Comment

CCA request not cancelled ( a few companies do not want the £1) keep that letter safe on return of the £1 (did you keep copy of CCA request if so attach that letter to it)., if they have not sent the CCA then no court action can be taken until/if they do.

Barclays like other Banks ask you to into Branch for identity purposes.
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Did they write to you saying they could not comply with your CCA request because they could not match you up with an account (or something similar). Am I also correct in thinking this is a career development loan that was underwritten by the Government? I ask because it might make a difference as to how you handle it.

Comment

Working...
                                X