GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Gregco UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gregco UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gregco UE diary

How bloody cheeky are these arseholes? "Please send us a signature so that we can copy and paste it on to a Blue Peter job and stuff you in court!" Yeah, right, pal.

I take it the so-called "solicitor representing Wasteclot" is none other than Nelson Gits, which is merely a letterhead that the aforementioned vermin use to make their silly threats seem more scary?

I've seen that letter a million times before. If they are making silly offers, it is highly unlikely that they will be issuing court papers any time soon.

No, no response to their utter stupidity is needed, other than a slight chuckle if you felt so inclined.

SH

Comment

Hi Greg

I would send off a sold in dispute to Nelson Guest, they are letterheads for rent, but Westcott are not being honest here, so cover yourself, remember to sign digitally and send a copy to Westcott

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
        Hi Greg

I would send off a sold in dispute to Nelson Guest
        In my opinion, that would just be wasting time and money in the interests of weakening your case should it ever reach a court. What is a judge going to make of the fact that you just send out exactly the same template again whether or not it has any relevance to the situation?

The dispute template specifically mentions "continual harassment". I think you would have a difficult job convincing a judge that sending one letter in over a month offering to accept a reduced settlement constitutes any type of harassment. Don't send anything which you would not be willing and able to explain in front of a judge when it is listed on the witness statement.

If you really must respond to this, it would make a lot more sense to send a letter pointing out that sending statements alone does not satisfy the requirements of the Consumer Credit Act, but in all honesty any response is likely to do more harm than good (because it would point out their errors which they may be in a position to rectify). They have given you ten days to accept their "offer" before "further recovery action will be taken", whatever the hell that means. So, just wait for the next threat, and counter it in the appropriate manner.

SH

Comment

Cheers guys, I think I'll file this with the rest then

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
            Hi Greg

I would send off a sold in dispute to Nelson Guest, they are letterheads for rent, but Westcott are not being honest here, so cover yourself, remember to sign digitally and send a copy to Westcott
            Yep, I'd go with that one Mrs D

Comment

I've received another letter from Nelson 'requiring me to pay within 10 days from (2/1/13) further recovery activity will be taken'....To be filed with their previous.

Comment

Received a letter from con collections stating ' we attempted to resolve this matter via correspondence and telephone' We're disappointed that we've failed to settle the matter.......
                We're forwarding the account to moon beaver.......'

Should I wait till i receive a welcome pack from Moon shine solicitors and follow up with a sold in dispute??

Originally posted by gregco View Post
                Hello,

All was quiet on the home front then on Friday 9th November Con collections decide to break the peace and quiet by sending me a 'true copy' of my credit agreement 'at the time the account was opened' & 'at the point of default' with a 'statement of account'; Which in my opinion is a little thin. There are no dates on it saying "your account was opened on 'today' date" only a header with the date on it, there are no signiture's, digital or else. So I'm thinking get off photoshop and get a proper hobbie...Any way.

As there is no confirmation on when this account was opened and I'm a little vague, where do I stand on the whole UE?

Think this is Niddy expert area for consideration or is it fact not enforceable as no signature?
                Last edited by gregco; 5 January 2013, 12:07.

Comment

Moon beaver are very litigious so I'd be replying to con collections saying "please read my previous correspondence dated xxxx"....

If you've not sent anything then instead look to send beavers a bank account cca --> Overdrafts - CCA Information - allaboutFORUMS
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

My Mistake, They have sent a 'true copy' of the agreement through although no signature is included the dates when the agreement started were post 07. I've forwarded to Niddy for perusal, and I'm not so sure where and what I can do with this????

Hello,

All was quiet on the home front then on Friday 9th November Con collections decide to break the peace and quiet by sending me a 'true copy' of my credit agreement 'at the time the account was opened' & 'at the point of default' with a 'statement of account'; Which in my opinion is a little thin. There are no dates on it saying "your account was opened on 'today' date" only a header with the date on it, there are no signiture's, digital or else. So I'm thinking get off photoshop and get a proper hobbie...Any way.

As there is no confirmation on when this account was opened and I'm a little vague, where do I stand on the whole UE?

Think this is Niddy expert area for consideration or is it fact not enforceable as no signature?
                    I'm presuming its a date; '002 - Citi & bmibaby Cards 11 01 2008' Is all it say's.
                    Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    Moon beaver are very litigious so I'd be replying to con collections saying "please read my previous correspondence dated xxxx"....

If you've not sent anything then instead look to send beavers a bank account cca --> Overdrafts - CCA Information - allaboutFORUMS

Comment

If its the Opus agreement then its UE as you never took anything out with Opus; Opus literally purchased Citi's accounts.

We need the copy of Citi's agreement. Rest assured Opus' version will be nothing like the original one you signed with Citi and although then can send a current set of terms, they need to be accompanied by the original set that Citi issued.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

its the city agreement...0022 - Citi & bmibaby Cards 11 01 2008

This agreement is between us,
                        Citi Financial Europe plc ond you

Comment

Yes but that's what opus have sent THEIR terms with. Those terms are irrelevant to the original ones.

Basically you need a copy of the terms as supplied by Citi at account inception. I'd send the missing PT's template at this stage.

Comment

I'm sending the Missing Prescribed Terms Template..( Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms ) Although, I've edited it to read a little more appropriate to my particular requirements. I basically deleted the paragraph about readable copies and a lot of the missing terms, they will get the idea I'm not accepting the copy they have sent!! Just need to get my darn printer to work!!!!

Comment

I've just been to a Citizens Advice, whom advised me to join a debt management plan as they have no understanding of UE. They think that no Banks can make mistakes and have huge legal teams which ensure this never happens!!!!

Anyway, it makes me think, if I did enter a DMP am I confirming to their agreements and loosing any UE rights I might otherwise have had?

They also said If I sign with 2 of the DCA then they can't really assist me with the others as its all or nothing! I'm thinking about signing with all of them at £1 per month, but worried I'll have this debt hanging over me for 10 years. Or just signing my Consent Order and trying to persuade the others that their debd is UE. Or if push comes to shove agreeing a repayment plan.

Does anyone know what are the main differences between a DMP and a consent order??

Also can someone confirm the statute barred, as he was under the impression that as long as THEY sent 1 letter within a 6 year period than the debt would still be enforceable and I was like I think as long as you've not acknowledged the debt / contacted them in 6 years it becomes statute barred??
                              Last edited by gregco; 25 January 2013, 11:23.

Comment

A consent order is done through the court, agreeing to pay to settle the debt, if that is the stage you are at.

Can be used for other issues

Comment

Working...
                                X