GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Night Monkey's diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Night Monkey's diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ii this for BARCLAYS or BARCLAYCARD, devil in the detail.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• devil in the detail
      Indeed it is

This was specifically the Barclaycard general enquiries number, and the given address for Barclaycard.

Comment

• ooohh good, let us know what happens x
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• I've held off sending another GDPR request for the moment - It transpires that the replies I've had (both effectively 'we don't know who you are') came from the GDPR department at the address in post #105 above so it looks like my requests found their way to where they needed to be.

The only way forward will be to provide more information, which I'm reluctant to do in case it helps PRA should they go asking for things. Any thoughts on how 'helpful' I should be, given that I want to see what they have on me but not make life easy for PRA who I'm expecting to issue proceedings at some point?

Comment

• I've just noticed that Moorcroft carried out a hard search on my credit file in August of this year when an HSBC credit card was passed to them to have a go at collecting. I'm not overly worried as I'm not intending to look for credit any time soon but it seems a bit much. Is that something that they'd usually do?

I'd expect maybe a soft search to check for a current address but not something that would actually affect my (already trashed) file.
            Last edited by Night Monkey; 16 November 2020, 09:35.

Comment

• Type of account - HSBC credit card
              Date commenced - Approx 2005
              Approx balance - £6514
              Date last paid - Early 2018
              Are you on arrangement or not paying - DMP with StepChange
              Status - default
              Account owner - HSBC Repayment Services

29.9.19 Finally sent CCA request, using one of the returned postal orders :-)

11.10.19 Received a hand-addressed letter today, presumably from HSBC, containing my letter requesting a CCA and the postal order. No covering letter, no compliments slip, nothing else at all. Seemed a bit rude, tbh. I'm thinking 'I've asked, you haven't supplied the necessaries, no further action from me required'. Does anyone disagree? Oh, and I'm glad I used recorded delivery :-)
              25.3.20 Informed StepChange that we intend to self-manage from now on, redirected £308 monthly standing order to separate savings account.
              4.6.20 Received a letter from HSBC (badly auto-generated with blanks where StepChange should be mentioned) saying they've contacted SC following missed payments and received no response so assume they are no longer representing me and they will now contact me directly. Important that we contact them, etc. ~£6100 owing so they've had ~£400, ~£100 missed payments. Filed.
              18.8.20 Letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd., account has been passed to them to act as a collection agent, they offer a flexible approach etc. and will be in contact in the coming days. Filed.
              26.8.20 to 15.12.20 - Lots of letters from Moorcroft
              Today received sn unexpected cheque for £50 to "compensate for quality of service received from Collections and/or Recoveries which did not meet that standard that we would expect".

I've noticed a few of these on the forum lately, have we decided that's it's safe to bank them?
              Last edited by Night Monkey; 15 December 2020, 12:57.

Comment

• 50 pounds. Dam I got 25

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                  50 pounds. Dam I got 25
                  I must have suffered twice as much as you without noticing.

Comment

• no i am still paying gross over charges near double owed in a CCJ to real amount , corruption in chambers allowed

Comment

• Originally posted by Night Monkey View Post

Today received sn unexpected cheque for £50 to "compensate for quality of service received from Collections and/or Recoveries which did not meet that standard that we would expect".

I've noticed a few of these on the forum lately, have we decided that's it's safe to bank them?

This debt is still with HSBC isn't it?

You only stopped paying them recently so a long way off becoming Statute Barred (if you acknowledge the debt) but I'm interested to know what "quality of service" didn't meet their standard (which is not exactly high in my book ) so email me that letter to see if it has any potential further down the line in the event legal proceedings are ever issued.

You already have my email di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk

Di

Comment

• THEY would never commit themselves.

Comment

• ...so email me that letter
                          Cheers Di, I've sent that along - let me know if your mail servers block it for some reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Night Monkey View Post

Cheers Di, I've sent that along - let me know if your mail servers block it for some reason.

Their correspondence doesn't describe the apparent misdemeanour(s) and doesn't say that by banking the cheque you're agreeing not to take action against them in future for whatever it was they did but haven't revealed - so I see no reason not to bank the cheque (keep a photo of it first).

HSBC is not alone in attempting to atone themselves for their sins. Barclays is also in the frame with a £26million fine from the FCA for doing whatever it was they did, on top of paying £273million in voluntary redress to its customers.

Read this about both of them > https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/ca...borrowers.html

It would take more than fifty quid to appease me for any wrongdoing by a bank, but I suppose their public humiliation (in the Daily Mail) would make me feel a little better

Di

Comment

• 21/12/2020 == Well well another letter to-day from HSBC for £50 regarding bad service from recoveries team = £75 for now all told. more on way??

Comment

• Nice. Just in time for Christmas...

Comment

Working...
                                X