GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Night Monkey's diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Night Monkey's diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Lowell ?
    That's a very good question - now would be the perfect time to GDPR HSBC to capture whatever they have & any conversations with Lowell. I had an unformed thought that if I was going to GDPR HSBC then I'd have done it years ago, when I've actually been waiting for them to sell the accounts on before doing it.

I'll recycle the one I sent to MBNA in 2020, unless it's been updated since then.

Any thoughts on reasons why I shouldn't send it just yet?
    Last edited by Night Monkey; 26 May 2023, 14:47.

Comment

• I think I would be inclined to let the dust settle a bit, to ensure their systems are updated. In any case, in all probability Lowell have bought a job lot of accounts from HSBC, and there won't be any specific conversations to discover.

Comment

• I think I would be inclined to let the dust settle a bit, to ensure their systems are updated. In any case, in all probability Lowell have bought a job lot of accounts from HSBC, and there won't be any specific conversations to discover.
        Fair point, I'll give it until next month & then send it. I would like to see what HSBC actually still have, these accounts hail from the '90s.
        Last edited by Night Monkey; 1 June 2023, 16:32. Reason: Typo correction

Comment

• Originally posted by Night Monkey View Post

Fair point, I'll give it until next month & then send it. I would like to see what HSBC actually still have, these counts hail from the '90s.
          most HSBC 90s and pre are from other banks before acquisition, and midland bank etc had a white one piece form for application? & of course Iron Mountain storage facility disaster for many banks etc.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• ...of course Iron Mountain storage facility disaster for many banks etc.
            Plenty to look forward to then

Comment

• I had an email notification today from ClearScore that a 'credit agreement' was about to be added to my report - checking the account shows that two Lowell accounts are due to be added, both listed as a 'credit or store card'.

The HSBC accounts were last updated in April 2017, with no mention of the credit card atm. I'll update in a couple of days when the changes have happened.

Comment

I had an email notification today from ClearScore that a 'credit agreement' was about to be added to my report - checking the account shows that two Lowell accounts are due to be added, both listed as a 'credit or store card'.

The HSBC accounts were last updated in April 2017, with no mention of the credit card atm. I'll update in a couple of days when the changes have happened.
                One of the really confusing things with credit agencies is that not everyone reports to every credit agency and some creditors do not always report- barclaycard for example only seem to report every three months or so and that is on a live account.

Comment

• One of the really confusing things with credit agencies is that not everyone reports to every credit agency...
                  Ain't that the truth. I tend to keep my eye on ClearScore, which is free and (I believe) sources its data from Equifax. I'm aware of one glaring omission that is reported elsewhere via Experian but I try not to overthink it. Whenever we're about to do something major (remortgage for a better rate, for example) we'll cast the net wider to see if anything is lurking elsewhere. Consistency doesn't seem too much to ask, but there we are.

Comment

Ain't that the truth. I tend to keep my eye on ClearScore, which is free and (I believe) sources its data from Equifax. I'm aware of one glaring omission that is reported elsewhere via Experian but I try not to overthink it. Whenever we're about to do something major (remortgage for a better rate, for example) we'll cast the net wider to see if anything is lurking elsewhere. Consistency doesn't seem too much to ask, but there we are.
                    Doing your homework which is very important! Well Done.

Comment

• I had an email notification today from ClearScore that a 'credit agreement' was about to be added to my report - checking the account shows that two Lowell accounts are due to be added, both listed as a 'credit or store card'.

And the ClearScore changes are in. The existing HSBC current account defaults remain, one ~£4k and one ~£100 that I didn't bother to add to the diary. Lowell have added two credit cards, one ~£5.5k and one ~£3.5k. With a bit of cross-referencing with my 'time since defaults' spreadsheet I can see that the missing credit card has been added, and the overdraft has been duplicated as a credit card with a different default amount. There doesn't seem to be any reference to dates of default, and fwiw the credit 'score' remains the same, and apparently quite high when compared to the average.

It seems to me that all that's been achieved is a muddying of the waters as far as any debt chasing is concerned.

Comment

And the ClearScore changes are in. The existing HSBC current account defaults remain, one ~£4k and one ~£100 that I didn't bother to add to the diary. Lowell have added two credit cards, one ~£5.5k and one ~£3.5k. With a bit of cross-referencing with my 'time since defaults' spreadsheet I can see that the missing credit card has been added, and the overdraft has been duplicated as a credit card with a different default amount. There doesn't seem to be any reference to dates of default, and fwiw the credit 'score' remains the same, and apparently quite high when compared to the average.

It seems to me that all that's been achieved is a muddying of the waters as far as any debt chasing is concerned.
                        And Muddy waters is GOOD!
                        We know that CRA's objections etc.. Have been used in Court to prove acknowledgment of a Debt!
                        But these public entries work both ways especially if a Debt is clearly being misreported.

I watched my debts and took the worst case calculation of the Statute Bar Date!
                        Made up my mind that I would stay SILENT make notes and watch the CRA's read Diaries make personal notes.
                        Stay current!
                        Tactics have change over time and what I did at one time I would never do now!

Comment

• Two emails from PRA regarding the Barclaycard and MBNA accounts telling me that "PRA Group (UK) Limited recently transferred your account to PRA Group UK Portfolios Ltd."

Does anyone know if this is PRA just parking them, or them gearing up for further action? I suspect the former since one was the subject of failed court action and the other they have admitted to being UE.

Either way, I will not be following the link to FAQs.

Comment

Two emails from PRA regarding the Barclaycard and MBNA accounts telling me that "PRA Group (UK) Limited recently transferred your account to PRA Group UK Portfolios Ltd."

Does anyone know if this is PRA just parking them, or them gearing up for further action? I suspect the former since one was the subject of failed court action and the other they have admitted to being UE.

Either way, I will not be following the link to FAQs.
                            Don't know the significance, but -

Pra Group UK Portfolios Ltd
                            is an active company incorporated on 25 October 2023 with the registered office located in London, Greater London. Pra Group UK Portfolios Ltd has been running for 2 months. There are currently 3 active directors according to the latest confirmation statement submitted on 25th October 2023.
                            Last edited by Still Waving; 2 January 2024, 21:43.

Comment

• You have issues of course with both of these two the Barclaycard and theMBNA failed court action and UE.
                              I believe these were Assigned to PRA Group(UK) Limited
                              transferred isn't the same as Assign.
                              Seems as if they are rearranging the lifeboats on the Titanic!
                              SILENCE and PATIENCE and thankyou for updating the Diaries! Much appreciated!

Comment

• Thanks, SW & Roger.

I was just about to post a question that I suspect has been answered already. Presumably a 'holding' identity - in this case PRA - has to follow the full assignment process when moving purchased debts between internal companies and can't just give ownership away by a simple declaration? If so then every time they do it they make it harder for themselves to pursue any perceived claim.

Comment

Working...
                                X