GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Night Monkey's diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Night Monkey's diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just received an email from StepChange saying that they can't supply the requested information without my wife's authorisation as 'some debts are held in joint names'.

I duly provided that authority but it seems odd - are they just erring on the side of caution?

They also posed the question 'Is there some particular information you require so that we can target this for you'?

I ignored that bit.

Comment

I've just joined AAD+ because I'm in a position to be able to, and frankly you guys deserve it.

Thanks for your help so far, and looking forward to moving on...

Comment

Originally posted by Night Monkey View Post
        I've just received an email from StepChange saying that they can't supply the requested information without my wife's authorisation as 'some debts are held in joint names'.

I duly provided that authority but it seems odd - are they just erring on the side of caution?

They also posed the question 'Is there some particular information you require so that we can target this for you'?

I ignored that bit.

They do need your wife's permission to send detail's that are in her name, DPA,
        It gets quite funny at times as I deal with all our debt's so if we need to send a SAR for Hubbys account's, I send it and I sign it in his name, so much for security
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

The letter of authority you attached from your wife is only a printed signature and we need a handwritten signature that matches the one we have on record.
          They're starting to annoy me now.

Comment

Sent a hand-signed copy, let's see if this cuts it.

Comment

Well, now seems as good a time as any.

I've informed StepChange that we're going self-managed and have canceled the direct debit. I've also set up a monthly standing order sending the £308 that we've been paying them into savings to give us a fighting fund.

So far of five accounts one (MBNA, ~£8500 currently with PRA) has been deemed enforceable, HSBC has ignored two CCA requests and two others have so far been unable to provide them.

We have so far paid ~£4500 through StepChange and ~£31000 remains.

I like being in control, it's been a while. Long may it continue.

Comment

Type of account - Barclaycard credit card
                Date commenced - Approx 2012
                Approx balance - £7300
                Date last paid - Early 2018
                Are you on arrangement or not paying - DMP with StepChange
                Status - default
                Account owner - PRA Group (UK) Ltd.

17.8.19 Requested CCA details
                22.8.19 Returned £1 postal order with above letter, no specific mention of this account
                26.3.20 Received statement from PRA, ~£6700 outstanding, ~£650 received.
                It occurs to me that this was one of the first CCA requests I made and didn't send it recorded - is it worth doing again to properly document that I've done it?

Comment

what did you get back?
                  as long as you sent it and they returned it with a letter saying why you made the request.
                  Did they say you had to sent the request to Barclays ?
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

what did you get back?
                    as long as you sent it and they returned it with a letter saying why you made the request.
                    Did they say you had to sent the request to Barclays ?
                    As far as I can recall they just returned my letter and the postal order with no comment or cover note; everything else I either sent recorded (two HSBC), received a reply stating that that the debt was unenforceable but that I should keep paying anyway (Santander) or was deemed enforceable (MBNA).

Comment

As far as I can recall they just returned my letter and the postal order with no comment or cover note; everything else I either sent recorded (two HSBC), received a reply stating that that the debt was unenforceable but that I should keep paying anyway (Santander) or was deemed enforceable (MBNA).
                      THEY can you prove that THEY sent it back?
                      Was it in their envelope? Anything written on the envelope? Doesn't matter if there was no comment! All that matters is evidence that they received it!
                      AAD recommend always saving Envelopes by the way and writing the received date on the envelope!!

Comment

Roger replied:
                        THEY can you prove that THEY sent it back?
                        Was it in their envelope? Anything written on the envelope? Doesn't matter if there was no comment! All that matters is evidence that they received it!
                        AAD recommend always saving Envelopes by the way and writing the received date on the envelope!!
                        I have no trail of proof on this one, so I'm minded to start again with it & CCA PRA.

Lesson learned, I'll also audit the others & make sure I've got their trails documented. I believe I have with the rest of them, but envelopes saved & filed too from hereon in.

Comment

If you've got absolutely nothing to show for it then if it were me I would certainly do it again and keep the entire chain, eg copy of letter sent, scan of cheque/PO, printout of delivery signature from RM website, in addition to anything received back even including the envelope it arrived in. As also recommended by others.

Your word might count for something but not nearly as much as a stack of evidence would.

Comment

just sticking my nose in, BUT, there may not be anyone in the "office" dealing with post , so no one to sign for it, Just send it with proof of posting from the post office.

Comment

Can anyone tell me what my credit report will look like once I stop paying? I've just checked via a free 'checkmyfile' trial and I currently have seven defaults across cards and overdrafts. Three are listed as 'U', one as 'US', one 'D' and bizarrely two 'S', those being an HSBC card and a Barclaycard.

Comment

it should look the same, with the possability that the one's sold on having the original settled/default replaced, with the company that have bought it now reporting the original default.

Comment

Working...
                                X