GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Shineon UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shineon UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roger View Post
    A perfectly reasonable mistake.
    Just send the Overdraft CCA (without £1) Recorded Delivery and without explanation to Cabot

The CCA S 78 says ",, that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose. If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee and then remove the incorrect entry from your systems.."

They can't actually comply (because its an Overdraft) and owe you the £1
    Thanks, will draft this and send recorded next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Shineon View Post

Whoops, I didn't know this was an overdraft until I had sent CCA , then when it came back it showed me who the original debt was with, seems like I messed up, should I send the bank account CCA now or just wait to see they respond, if I do need to send it, would that also go to Cabot or do I send it to HSBC who we had the bank account with, sorry to ask, ooh and they have cashed the £1 cheque, this should be the only bank a/c so the other wad of CCA's sent should be for loans, cr cards and one Vodafone. Sorry to ask again.
      Personally, I think I would wait to see what response you get from your initial request. If they come back saying CCA 78 doesn't apply, then you can send the overdraft letter.

Comment

CITIFINANCIAL CREDIT CARD
        DEBT MANAGERS

Mine
        Balance: £2032.14
        Start Date:
        Last payment: DMP Feb 2018
        Original Lender: Citi financial Cr Card
        DCA:

01/03/2018. CCA Sent
        05/03/2018 CCA recieved by debt managers and signed for - receipt printed
        09/03/2018 letter recieved from debt managers saying they have referred the CCA to Cabot financial for this info and this will remain on hold until recieved back
        Letter received today from debt managers saying this has been forwarded to Cabot financial for the CCA info, I presume I just file and wait , thanks.
        15/05/2019 letter Cabot potential legal action
        Last edited by Shineon; 15 June 2019, 13:09.

Comment

MOORCROFT
          HSBC BANK - Credit card

Mine
          Balance: £3849.69
          Start Date:
          Original Lender: HSBC

01/03/2018. CCA Sent
          05/02/2018 CCA recieved by moorcroft and signed for - receipt printed
          09/03/2018 letter from moorcroft with £1 cheque returned and my CCA letter saying to contact Metro Collection Services, a/c will be on hold they say till 06/04/2018
          Hi, moorcroft returned my CCA request and the £1.00 cheque and said to send to their client directly who is Metro Collection Services,,,,, do I send a CCA to Metro like they suggest, thanks
          Last edited by Shineon; 9 March 2018, 16:52.

Comment

WESTCOT

Joint
            Balance: £10,276.60
            Start Date:
            Original Lender: Think AA loan

01/03/2018. CCA Sent
            09/03/2018 CCA letter and £1 cheque returned saying chq needs to be payable to link financial.
            Hi, westcot returned my £1 cheque and CCA letter saying cheque needs to be payable to link financial ltd, they say can either send again to them or link direct ( but gave no address for link financial ) , should I resend the CCA to westcot with the cheque made payable to link or find links postal address and send to them direct, thankyou

Comment

westcot returned my £1 cheque and CCA letter saying cheque needs to be payable to link financial ltd, they say can either send again to them or link direct ( but gave no address for link financial ) , should I resend the CCA to westcot with the cheque made payable to link or find links postal address and send to them direct

The s 77-79 CCA Request should always be sent direct to the debt owner not the debt collector.

Who owns this debt? Is Link acting as the Debt Collection Agency or has it been assigned (sold) to them?

Is/was the loan account opened with AA Loans (Bank of Ireland)?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

The s 77-79 CCA Request should always be sent direct to the debt owner not the debt collector.

Who owns this debt? Is Link acting as the Debt Collection Agency or has it been assigned (sold) to them?

Is/was the loan account opened with AA Loans (Bank of Ireland)?

Di
                Hi, thanks for getting back, I pay westcot ( or have been) and hid behind DMP and not kept paperwork, I at the mo only assume it was AA loan due to the amount. The letter says from westcot - client ref...., Client : link financial ltd, balance...., westcot ref. We are not the creditor for this a/c but are instructed on behalf of the above client (link financial ltd) , we are returning cheque as it needs to be payable to link financial. I am really new to the EU route and reading others dairies and as I have very little paperwork would it help if I asked old Dmp for SAR request, would thus help me find out more of the history

thankyou.

Now keeping every bit of paperwork and every receipt, -

Comment

Keep your paper work from now on intact (including envelopes with date when received!!)
                  Copy of letters as sent (recorded delivery)

Send a New S.78 to Link Financial Ltd with their Reference No as supplied by Westcot.

The Address for Link Financial Limited from the Financial Conduct Authority site
                  Address is same as Link Financial Outsourcing Limited http://www.linkfinancial.co.uk/
                  http://fca-consumer-credit-interim.f...w?accId=658332

Link Financial Limited

Camelford House
                  87-90 Albert Embankment
                  London
                  SE1 7TP

Comment

Keep your paper work from now on intact (including envelopes with date when received!!)
                    Copy of letters as sent (recorded delivery)

Send a New S.78 to Link Financial Ltd with their Reference No as supplied by Westcot.

The Address for Link Financial Limited from the Financial Conduct Authority site
                    Address is same as Link Financial Outsourcing Limited http://www.linkfinancial.co.uk/
                    http://fca-consumer-credit-interim.f...w?accId=658332

Link Financial Limited

Camelford House
                    87-90 Albert Embankment
                    London
                    SE1 7TP
                    thanks for the links will sort new CCA and send off, mmm second link you put for fca shows lapsed, does that seem good for me in future, this one is my biggest debt and jointly owned, so my scariest one , thanks

Comment

thanks for the links will sort new CCA and send off, mmm second link you put for fca shows lapsed, does that seem good for me in future, this one is my biggest debt and jointly owned, so my scariest one , thanks
                      Correct they are UNLICENSED!!!
                      I print these pages off and file them with your paper work!!

Comment

Correct they are UNLICENSED!!!
                        I print these pages off and file them with your paper work!!
                        Thankyou again, wouldn't have thought to print that, but will do now Asap

Comment

Thankyou again, wouldn't have thought to print that, but will do now Asap
                          The S.78 plus £1 is to the OWNER of the Debt. That's worth noting and remembering.
                          Given the size of your debt you may well require legal advice/assistance at some point and a Good Diary and paperwork will definitely help!

Comment

The S.78 plus £1 is to the OWNER of the Debt. That's worth noting and remembering.
                            Given the size of your debt you may well require legal advice/assistance at some point and a Good Diary and paperwork will definitely help!
                            Yes, I know it's a big ole pile of debt which escalated for me over 20 yrs just to like survive, debt to pay debt then just never ever ending. I now have a file for each creditor ( 22 of them) with copy letters, receipts, replies, envelopes dated too,, so am trying to keep a full upto date record from this year as to what I have done, ... I can't change the errors in the past but do hope to get sorted now for the future and really appreciate the support on here
                            -----

Comment

Don’t fret about past errors; none of us would be here without them! The important thing is that you are now gaining control and will have support and guidance throughout this journey.
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

as stated many of us have made errors and learnt from them
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X