GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script At long last I am claiming life back - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At long last I am claiming life back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
    so it would seem Lloyds still own it and wescott are just trying to get collection commissions
    I read in Various places that westcot can be difficult when negotiating F&F.... going by what you’ve said I can understand why

Comment

Capital One
      • Type of account: credit card
      • Date commenced :2005
      • Approx balance: £504
      • Date last paid: 2008
      • on DMP SC
      • Account owner : Capital One
      CCA request sent 11/09/17.

Received what looks like an enforceable agreement. Will send to nid when he’s back.

If it’s enforceable what are my chances of a F&F settlement ?

Agreement been sent off to Niddy

30/10/17: Niddy confirmed this is enforceable... need to think my next steps. Was planning on offering a F&F. Will have a think on this

Comment

MBNA UPDATE.
        • CCA request sent September 17
        • Letter of Acknowledgement of request September 17
        • UPDATE 30/09/17
        • Letter from Idem stating they are unable to locate a copy of agreement. They acknowledge they cannot enforce agreement until agreement is located. They went in to say they still plan to pursue debt include registering any defaults and arrears.
        • This maybe familiar some of you. I’m guessing this is a standard letter. The query I have is can DCA register arrears if Debt has already dropped of my CF ?
        • 16/10/17 received agreement. Sent off to niddy to have a look
        30/10/17 Niddy confirmed this unenforceable. I can’t access the emojis but I’m over the moon. As I’ve been paying so SB isn’t an option for me sadly. Looking for f& f for definite

Comment

Hi, great news about the agreement. A default can only be registered once with the CRAs, so it shouldn’t reappear; if it does come back for further help. Why are you looking at an f&f? If it is UE they cannot successfully pursue through the courts, all they can do is huff and puff.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
            Hi, great news about the agreement. A default can only be registered once with the CRAs, so it shouldn’t reappear; if it does come back for further help. Why are you looking at an f&f? If it is UE they cannot successfully pursue through the courts, all they can do is huff and puff.
            I’m so used the lmindset if I stop paying I will be chased for it! Will
            The DCA make threats to take me to court etc. MBNA believe they are compliant. Do I need to write and tell them this is not the case. I am learning about fighting back 8 years later so this really all new to me

Comment

Egg Loan
              • Type of account: personal loan
              • Date commenced pre 2007
              • Approx balance: £799
              • on DMP SC
              • Account owner : NCO Arrow/Capquest

Absolutely no response

02/11/17. Received letter from Arrow informing that account is unenforceable. Egg no longer exists right. Does that mean it’s unlikely they will ever find the original agreement. They go on to say they require my proposal for repayment.

Do I stop paying?

Comment

Originally posted by Selinek View Post
                Egg Loan
                • Type of account: personal loan
                • Approx balance: £799
                • on DMP SC
                • Account owner : NCO Arrow/Capquest

Absolutely no response

02/11/17. Received letter from Arrow informing that account is unenforceable. Egg no longer exists right. Does that mean it’s unlikely they will ever find the original agreement. They go on to say they require my proposal for repayment.

Do I stop paying?
                I would stop. And keep that letter safely filed. Just await their next letter now.

Comment

If you stop paying you will be chased! However how far they can intimidate you depends on how you cope. I have been fighting for over 15 years; I stopped paying the majority over 8 years ago and some of them still send love letters. A couple of creditors were ‘nice’ and I didn’t stop paying until 2 years ago which is why I am still fighting. They have all dropped from my credit records.
                  This site has guidance and letters for most situations and you can reach the point where you feel in control and are a bit disappointed when you don’t receive any mail!
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

I would stop. And keep that letter safely filed. Just await their next letter now.
                    Oh I plan to. Thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                      If you stop paying you will be chased! However how far they can intimidate you depends on how you cope. I have been fighting for over 15 years; I stopped paying the majority over 8 years ago and some of them still send love letters. A couple of creditors were ‘nice’ and I didn’t stop paying until 2 years ago which is why I am still fighting. They have all dropped from my credit records.
                      This site has guidance and letters for most situations and you can reach the point where you feel in control and are a bit disappointed when you don’t receive any mail!

Youre a braver person than I. It’s been quiet for 8/9
                      years. Think I need to steel myself for the unwanted love letters.

Comment

Egg Card
                        • Type of account: credit card
                        • Approx balance: £1200
                        • on DMP SC
                        • Account owner : Link Financial

Absolutely no response.

3/11/17: received another statement of account. They have used the £1 CCA fee towards the balance. Bloody cheek. They have not complied think it’s about time I stopped payment. Should I send a reminder ? Advice greatly appreciated

Comment

If you have proof that you sent the CCA request, I would not remind them as they are in default of your request and will be unable to enforce the debt.

Comment

Originally posted by Selinek View Post
                            3/11/17: received another statement of account. They have used the £1 CCA fee towards the balance. Bloody cheek. They have not complied think it’s about time I stopped payment. Should I send a reminder ? Advice greatly appreciated
                            I would ignore the fact that they have used the £1 wrongly as you have the letter as proof that it was only to be used for the CCA request. They have obviously received your letter so are currently in default of your request, so the ball is in their court to send an agreement if they have one. I certainly would not be writing to them at this point to remind them, its all time towards your SB date.
                            When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
                              If you have proof that you sent the CCA request, I would not remind them as they are in default of your request and will be unable to enforce the debt.

I plan plan on speaking to stepchange to stop payment. No doubt link will wake up !

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post

I plan plan on speaking to stepchange to stop payment. No doubt link will wake up !

Comment

Working...
                                X