GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Snowy's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snowy's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Snowy's Diary

I sent all mine off in Jan. and have only recently had one back. That was only because they were getting arsey with me so as part of my response i fired off a letter. As FP says never remind them and if it comes back incorrect don't tell them what is wrong.

Comment

Should i get print outs of the fact that all have been signed for and signatures obtained?

Comment

Originally posted by snowy View Post
        Should i get print outs of the fact that all have been signed for and signatures obtained?
        It wouldn't go amiss ............
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by snowy View Post
          Old Debt Number Two

To be honest I haven't a clue now where this originated. No idea if CCJ was registered or just default. As its so old this no longer appears on my credit ref file.
          • Type of account - ?????
          • Date commenced - Pre 2000
          • Approx balance - Approx £4519.13
          • Date last paid - Pre 2000 (originally) and last standing order payment paid 24 July 2012 (now cancelled)
          • Are you on arrangement or not paying - Arrangement £13 per month up to date. Payment by standing order each month. Now cancelled.
          • Status - ??????
          • Account owner - HL Legal

20/08/12
          Contacted HL Legal for current balance and age of debt. Quoted reference number. They couldn't find me. They did a name search. They couldn't find me. They did a postcode search. Couldn't find me. I stated that I was paying £13 per month by standing order and quoted their sort code and account. They stated that their account was correct but couldn't find my account with them. They told me to ring back later. I rang and spoke to another person an hour later. Exactly the same!!!!

22/08/12
          Sent CCA first class recorded with £1 postal order- Payments cancelled to bring something out of the woodwork

26/09/12
          Letter received from Experto Credite returning my £1 postal order. Letter states:-

We refer to your letter dated 20 august addressed to our solicitors HL Legal and your request for info. Whilst your request is noted, you are aware that your account is already subject to a CCJ obtained on 18/03/98 and from that point onwards therefore "title" to further recoveries derived from the judgement and not the credit reference.

The judgement was granted in the Northampton County Court at the request of Geoffrey Parker Bourne who were the solicitors acting on behalf of Intrum Justitia at that point in time.

In 2009 responsibility for collection activity on your judgment debt was transferred by Intrum Justitia from Geoffrey Parker Bourne to HL Legal Solicitors and you have been making payments to HLS since that time.

In view of the above, your request for a copy agreement is not relevant to the current situation, and we are returning your payment of £1.

We trust that you will now continue your payments to HLS but in the event that these are not forthcoming we will be left with no option that to consider enforcement of the judgement debt.
          Its strange when I contacted HL originally regarding this on 20/08/12 they could not find any trace of me on the system. Either by reference, surname or address. Thats why i stopped making payments. I find it very wierd how I get a letter from Experto Credite??? Who I have never had any dealings with before regarding this. Guess I should just resume my payments then?

Help/advice would be appreciated thanks guys
          Last edited by snowy; 26 September 2012, 17:04.

Comment

I have just contacted Experto Credite and asked them why have you written to me regarding this. Since the owner of the debt was HL Legal. After transferring me through to several different people i was told that Experto Credite was the owner of the debt.

Now this goes against what was in the letter i received today as it clearly states "In 2009 responsibility for collection activity on your judgment debt was transferred by Intrum Justitia from Geoffrey Parker Bourne to HL Legal Solicitors and you have been making payments to HLS since that time"

There is no mention of Experto Credite owning the debt!!!

I have requested a copy of a court letter from Experto Credite showing change of ownership and have told them I will not be making any payments until this letter is produced. I have also contacted HL Legal again to query my balance and after searches done by name,postcode and reference I have been told they cannot trace me on their system

Am I correct in thinking that if they have not applied to the courts for ownership change, they are powerless to enforce the CCJ as it stands? Should I reinstate my Standing order to HL Legal in the meantime due to it being a ccj? Surely, paying HL monies when I have no idea where it is going to and they have no trace is crazy?

Last edited by snowy; 26 September 2012, 17:56.

Comment

I would be careful as it is a CCJ

Did you know it's a CCJ?

I would write to EC and HL asking for details of the debt and copying each of them in to each other's letter.

send recorded (2nd class)

don't phone them, you have no proof of what is being said unless you've recorded the calls

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                I would be careful as it is a CCJ

Did you know it's a CCJ?

I would write to EC and HL asking for details of the debt and copying each of them in to each other's letter.

send recorded (2nd class)

don't phone them, you have no proof of what is being said unless you've recorded the calls
                Hi I wasnt sure as the debt was from so long ago. When i contacted HL originally they couldnt find any trace of me on their system so was unable to verify the position - hence i stopped Augusts payment.

The letter today from experto credite states that payments must continue to HL.

My question is - why cant they find me and whats happening to my payments? And why is experto credite now saying that they are the owner. Im totally confused

Comment

ask but in writing with a time limit for compliance

Comment

Should I resume payments then do you reckon?

Comment

as it's a ccj I would, then do your digging

Comment

Can I ask what I should be looking out for with regards a company selling on a CCJ. Do they have to provide paperwork at all? Or because its a CCJ id it just cut and dried and simply keep on paying?

Thanks for all the help so far today

Comment

not my area, but I would be writing asking why no one recognises your account and they should be sending you a statement once a year at least. It might be paid off and they just haven't told you................

Comment

I wonder if this is that CCJ being sold on without the OC being varied by the new owner scenario again.

The original collector is being used and the new owner blagging the unaltered ccj.

I was going to ask the court what would the fee for a variation on this would be but didnt get round to it.

For me if a loan book is sold and in that book there are many CCJ's (I know this happened to ours as the net went hot with same stories for a week) would it be too costly for the new owner to register all the ccj's in their name?

Better to use the original named collecter blag ownership and deal with any debtor individually if they realise the CCJ and the debt are now dis-connected.

I know what assignment now means thanks to Niddy and yes sure the new owner can vary the CCJ. But my contention is that for various reasons they are not.

All these unanswered threads, of which this is just one, on the various forums are showing something is happening out there.

Comment

I contacted HL legal section today to make another enquiry as to what my balance is. After speaking to their Team Leader they cannot find me on their system at all. He has requested that I put my query in writing which im sending off today as follows.

This all came about because I sent a CCA request off to HL Legal last month. I received a reply from Experto Credite. HL Legal are unaware that I have received a letter from Experto Credite stating that I must continue to pay HL Legal......

My letter is as follows:-

I refer to 4 telephone calls to HL Legal over the course of the last four weeks regarding payments made to you which I make by standing order each month.
                              Im trying to obtain a current balance on the amount outstanding and each time I contact HL requesting these details, I am told that after searching for me by name, address and phone number that my account cannot be found.

After speaking today to Charley in the Legal Section who confirmed that my account could not be found I am now in the position that I am making payments to you and I have no idea where these monies are going. I have now cancelled my standing order to you with the hope that my details can be found.

I do not have any other reference numbers apart from that the one I quote with my standing order.

I make payments each month of £13 to HL as below:-

Payment £13 -Sort Code: 62-31-25-Account: 00000000 - Reference : xxxxxxxxxx

I do not know who the creditor was that I owe the money to, I can only think it was an old CCJ from back in the 1990s. I have no further information regarding this.

Could you please confirm in writing:
                              1. · What the current balance is
                              2. · A list of all payments received towards this debt
                              3. · Who the owner of the debt is

I am aware that this is a County Court Judgement but feel that my only option is to cease payments until this matter can be sorted. I do request that any possible court action please be put on hold until details can be provided. I consider this to be a reasonable request.
                              Last edited by snowy; 27 September 2012, 11:45.

Comment

Hi Snowy

If you Google Intrum Justitia UK you will find that they transferred debts to Experto Credite in Sept 2011.

That would explain where they came from.

However it is still strange HL dont seem to know who you are.

Best of luck
                                Last edited by ken100464; 27 September 2012, 18:02. Reason: wrong date

Comment

Working...
                                X