GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Snowy's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snowy's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Snowy's Diary

The CCA templates aren't for recovering charges, it's a SAR request that shows the charges, fees etc made on an account (and costs £10)

I would wait and see what comes back from the cca requests. You could then think about sending SARs to any that are enforceable.

If you have debts on the accounts the lenders would just deduct any charges you could reclaim from the account. If the debt is UE it's immaterial anyway as it doesn't really matter if you're not paying £X or not paying £X minus the charges

Regarding, the f&f with MCS - make sure it's a full settlement and not a partial one. have a look at ---> UPDATED - Full Final Settlements Explained - allaboutFORUMS
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

What's happened? Reclaim? Since when?

Last I knew you were sending CCA Requests @ £1 each. Click the links in my replies and read what opens.....

It explains how to sign and what to pay etc - on each template as well
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi thanks for the reply. I haven't tried to claim for penalty charges/late fees etc on my credit cards so Im trying for that too. Hope that any refunds can go towards f+f settlement offers for enforceable accounts. Sorry its SARs not CCA....my error !
        Last edited by snowy; 23 August 2012, 17:28.

Comment

Originally posted by snowy View Post
          Hi thanks for the reply. I haven't tried to claim for penalty charges/late fees etc on my credit cards so Im trying for that too. Hope that any refunds can go towards f+f settlement offers for enforceable accounts. Sorry its SARs not CCA....my error !

You're extremely unlikely to receive any refunds yourself as they will just go to reduce the debt.

You may get a refund if the debt has been assigned totally but, in my opinion, it's best to deal with one thing at once and just concentrate on the cca requests for now.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
            Did you not send CCA requests as per post #45?

They have just 14 days to reply to a CCA request as opposed to 40 days for a SAR and if you want to argue UE you need to send a s.78 request. If the account is UE, why would you want to bother with reclaims if you're NOT to going to pay anyway?

If any turn out enforceable then you can think about sending a SAR and reclaiming on those to reduce the balance.
            Isn't that what I said in post #47?
            Last edited by Pixie; 23 August 2012, 18:02.

Comment

Thanks for the info.It is very much appreciated

Will hold back on SARs then.
              All my CCA requests were sent yesterday...

Comment

Slow down lol

Await CCA's.....
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                  Yes, our posts crossed, we were posting at the same time!
                  Not unless it took you over half an hour to post

Comment

Look at the teacher telling off the student for copying.

I say 1000 lines for flower?

"I must not copy the teachers comments..."

Comment

Old Debt Number Four

To be honest I haven't a clue now where this originated. It has been with DCA since 13/6/2000 and no CCJ was registered. As its so old this no longer appears on my credit ref file.
                      • Type of account - ?????
                      • Date commenced - Pre 2000
                      • Approx balance - Approx £400.95
                      • Date last paid - Pre 2000
                      • Are you on arrangement or not paying - Arrangement £1.80 per month up to date
                      • Status - ??????
                      • Account owner - Wescot

20/08/12
                      Contacted Wescot for balance details. Details obtained. Offered £75 as full and final settlement to try and clear quick. Letter received stating no and lowest they would accept is £381.00 but stated to continue paying £1.80 per month!! (I think they will regret this!!!)

21/08/12
                      Sent CCA first class recorded with £1 postal order- Payments still being made

31/08/12
                      Letter received from Westcot stating "we are unable to provide you with the info and confirm that the account has been returned to our client. Please contact them directly". As I am paying Westcot direct I have ended all payments from immediate effect.

Letter received from Westcot 31/08/12 stating "we are unable to provide you with the info and confirm that the account has been returned to our client. Please contact them directly".

As I am paying Westcot direct @£1.80- per month I have ended all payments from immediate effect.
                      The client is Phoenix Recoveries Ltd.

Comment

Letter received from Westcot 31/08/12 stating "we are unable to provide you with the info and confirm that the account has been returned to our client. Please contact them directly".

As I am paying Westcot direct @£1.80- per month I have ended all payments from immediate effect.
                        The client is Phoenix Recoveries Ltd.
                        Just wait and see what happens next...............

Comment

August 2012

Total of All Outstanding Debt = £32,661.34
                          Number of creditors = 15

Old Debt Number One

To be honest I havent a clue now where this originated. It has been with DCA since 27/6/2000 and no idea if CCJ was registered or just default. As its so old this no longer appears on my credit ref file.
                          • Type of account - Nat West Overdraft
                          • Date commenced - Pre 2000
                          • Approx balance - Approx £377.40
                          • Date last paid - Pre 2000
                          • Are you on arrangement or not paying - Arrangement £1 per month up to date
                          • Status - ??????
                          • Account owner - AIC Credit

20/08/12
                          Contacted AIC Credit to establish balance and date of debt. Details obtained.

22/08/12
                          Sent CCA first class recorded with £1 postal order - Payments still being made

28/08/12
                          Letter received from AIC but asking for £1. I have already sent them £1 by postal order...!! Letter of reply sent 29/08/12 with cheque.

01/09/12
                          Letter received from NatWest.The balance owing is £377.40 and is an old overdraft. States that the bank does not require customers to sign an agreement under the CCA in order for an overdraft. Therefore a copy of the signed credit agreement is not available and does not need to be provided to you under the terms of Section 78

Letter received from NatWest.The balance owing is £377.40 and is an old overdraft. States that the bank does not require customers to sign an agreement under the CCA in order for an overdraft. Therefore a copy of the signed credit agreement is not available and does not need to be provided to you under the terms of Section 78
                          Last edited by snowy; 1 September 2012, 14:00.

Comment

Thanks for that. The nat west account is a very very old closed overdraft.

The trouble is that I currently use nat west now for banking - would they offset at all? Im just scared in case they do

Comment

They do have a right to offset, but whether they would or not is anyones guess.

Its wise to consider opening a new account somewhere else not linked to a debt and use that if possible.

There are certain situations where you could get the money back if they did offset, but you should try to avoid even getting that far personally.

Comment

I posted all 11 of my CCA requests by Recorded delivery on 22/08/12.

So far I have had replies from just 5!

4 of them have acknowledged my requests and have passed to the originator to try and provide documentation. Only 1 has provided details.

The requests should have arrived on 23/08/12. Taking into account the bank holiday the 12 working days ended yesterday.

Question is do i wait a few more days before i fire off "reminder" letters. And if I have to which letter do i send next?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X