GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script spent2much UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

spent2much UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: spent2much UE diary

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
    Type of account (credit card) husband's

Date commenced (2005) i put 2005 but they may be before this also

Approx balance.( £2,242.71

Date last paid (22/06/2012)

Are you on arrangement or not paying (stopping dmp )

Status (default received but don't have it as was burgled in 2010 and some of our personal papers were scattered in the snow and could not be recovered )

Account owner (originally monument but passed to Barclaycard )
    09/07/2012 sent CCA request
    27/07/2012 barclaycard they are dealing with request

12/02/2013 from barclaycard

cca recon sent to niddy

13/02/13 sent missing pt's
    22/02/2013 from Barclaycard
    About your complaint

Thank you for contacting us on 13 feb 2013 regarding your Barclaycard
    account.

I am sorry that you have had reason to complain.
    I understand you are not satisfied that we have complied with our boligations under section 78 of CCA . We believe your credit agreement to be fully
    compliant with the Act and any allegations that it is not will be opposed. I realise this is not the answer you wanted,so I have given the details below so you can see the reasons behind our decision .

I am aware that we made errors in our previous response which i have amended accordingly. Feedback has been given to the member of staff who made this error.

I would like to assure you that the provision of a high level of service is of paramount importance to us and apologise for the oversight in the information provided with our previous letter.

I would like to acknowledge your request for a copy of your original agreement and I am able to confirm that this has been sent to the relevant department who will contact you directly regarding this.

_____

It goes on to explain about the case of Carey v HSBC then about the statement of the terms of the agreement as varied regulation 7 of CNC regulations provides that, where an agreement has been varied in accordance with section 82(1) of the Act(as is the case with your credit agreement)

another 2 pages of statement of account
    compliance with section 61 of the Act
    office of fair trading.

timescales
    your options
    Please take this letter as our final response to your complaint. If anything is unclear or if you are unhappy with the way we have handled your complaint. please write to the above address. I will do all I can to answer your questions and reach an agreement with you .

28/02/2013 from barclaycard

Thank you for contacting Barclaycard.

Arrangements have been made for a copy of your ofiginal agreement to be issued to you, under separate cover, in due course.

May i also advise that your other queries are being handled by another deprartment and they will reply to you shortly.

I hope this information is of some assistance to you.

07/03/2013 from Barclaycard
    they have semt an application form saying it is a cca. I have sent it to niddy

5/03/2013
    Niddy says still

23/08/2013 Barclaycard
    I am writing to inform you that the was assigned and transferred by Barclaycard to MKDP LLP on 16 August 2013

This means that the effective owners of the above account are now MKDP LLP.

MKDP LLP has appointed MK Rapid Recoveries as their servicing agent to manage your account on their behalf. All contact regarding your account should now be directed to Rapid Recoveries.

I confirm that the amount outstanding on your account as at August was £2324.18

With effect from date of this notice all payments due to Barclaycard shall be paid to MKDP LLP.
    11/10/13 from Rapid Recoveries
    Further to our recent communication regarding transfer of ownership of your balance we have not received your offer of payment.

We want to help you and are in a position to offer an instalment arrangement to clear the outstanding balance, but we can only do this after speaking to you.

Pleas call us to discuss ways we can help.

Until we reach an agreement to clear this balance we will continue to contact you telephone or letter so we would advise you to contact us to resolve this matter.
    24/10/2013-MKrapid recoveries
    As you have not taken up our offer of help, we have no option but for your account to now be referred to Keynes Collections for litigation consideration to resolve this on our behalf.
    They may commence litigation against you which will increase the amount payable due to costs incurred .Should the matter proceed they could take against your property (if you are a homeowner)or have monies deducted directly from your salary (if you are employed)

It is not too late to resolve this matter, please contact us immediately to allow us to help you avoid this.

26/11/2013 from Barclaycard , they have sent the same cca as last time , just to make sure though i have sent it onto Niddy to take a look .
    Still UE .

4/12/13 received a pile of statements from MKDP and a cover letter saying their client had fulfilled their obligation by providing them and the UE forms they sent .

5/12/13 MKDP Further to your letter of acknowledgment we sent you in regards to the above account.

At this time, we must apologise, as we are still unable to resolve your query. We are however currently liaising with the original creditor, and we will contact you as soon as we receive a response from them.

15/02/2014 MKDP

Further to our letter of acknowledgement sent you in regard to the above account, we write to advise you on the progress of your query.

At this time, we aplolgise , as we are still unable to resolve your query. We are however currently liaising with the original creditor, and will contact you as soon as we receive a response from them. As stated previously MKDP LLP take great care to ensure that such matters are dealt with in a professional manner and apologise for the delay in resolving you query.

12/03/14
    Further to our letter of acknowledgement sent you in regard to the above account, we write to advise you on the progress of your query.

At this time, we aplolgise , as we are still unable to resolve your query. We are however currently liaising with the original creditor, and will contact you as soon as we receive a response from them. As stated previously MKDP LLP take great care to ensure that such matters are dealt with in a professional manner and apologise for the delay in resolving you query.

10/04/14

11/05/14

02/06/14

07/07/14

2/10/2014 Barclaycard/Monument

cca as requested .
    The cca they have sent is exactly the same as the last one which niddy said is UE , i won't even bother sending niddy this as it is identical so i shall send a missing P&T template

30/10/2014 sent missing P&T

sorry this is in blue it won't typein red

6/11/2014 received from MKP
    Whilst i am sorry you remain dissatisfied , we have nothing further to add.

You made reference to the prescribed terms under section 60, please note all relevant terms are enclosed supplied to you , therefore we do not believe that any issue of unenforceability arises .

We can confirm we have spoken to an employee of Barclaycard who has confirmed that in accordance with the information stored on their systems and in line with their procedures, a properly executed agreement was in place in accordance with section 91.(1) of the consumer credit act 1972.

There is no requirement to provide you with an original signed copy of the executed agreement. Our obligation is satisfied by providing you with a reconstructed copy which is legible. As you are aware we have provided you with a copy previously .

As no new information has been provided to us regarding this matter i must advise you that our complaints procedure has been exhausted and we are unable to enter in to any further correspondence regarding this matter.
    should you remain unhappy with our response, you do have the right to refer your concerns to the financial ombudsman service. This must be done within six months of the final response daated 10th october 2014 where a leaflet was previously enclosed which explains how to do this .

19/11/2014 again i can't type it in red

KEYNES COLLECTIONS

NOTICE OF INTENDED LEGAL ACTION

As you have failed to respond to previous correspondence or agree a payment plan we have been instructed by MKDP LLP to collect the outstanding balance in accordance with your agreement .

You had an agreement with Barclaycard which was assigned to
    MKDP LLP . Under the agreement the balance was to be repaid but you defaulted , breaching the agreement which has now been terminated . The full amount is now due and you are required to pay the outstanding balance to MKDP LLP.

This letter constitutes a formal demand for payment of £2.323.18 and i make in accordance with the Practice Direction.

This letter requires your immediate attention, Unless full payment or a suitable payment plan is agreed within 14 days from the date of this letter (10/11/2014) , legal action to recover the debt may be taken against you without further warning and your liability for costs may increase .

Please reply in writing quoting your full name and reference or alternatively you wish to cal us to discuss you account

12/12/2014 MKDP activity suspended whilst they investigate , as soo0n as they find anything out they will let me know

3/1/2015 MKDP

I write further to your recent correspondence and to our letter of acknowledgement in regards to the outstanding balance on your acount. Please accept this as our Final Response to your concerns.

I understand you are looking for further documents relating to the above mentioned account , i note you have referred to PD-PAC in your letter of the dated the 20th November 2014. At this point no legal action has been taken and we are currently trying to supply you with the relevant information so we can work together to come to a suitable arrangement.

i have enclosed

statements of account

reconstructed credit agreement

default notice

copy of the notice of assignment

I can confirm that a Barclaycard have not issued a termination notice for this account, and we not have to supply communications between ourselves and Barclaycard .

As verified in the enclosed documentation , you are liable for the outstanding balance stated above and we will resume our attempts to contact you to discuss a suitable repayment.

Due to the information above i regret to inform you that we will not be able to uphold your complaint.

We therefore request you contact us on 00000000000000000 to discuss your account. our opening times are *************

Should you remain unhappy with our response, you do have the right to refer your concern to the FOS . This must be done within six months of the date of this letter and i have enclosed a leaflet which explains how to do this .

2/1/2015 MKDP still liaising with original creditor .

20/08/2015 MKDP
    statement in relation to the below Agreement which is governed by the consumer credit act 1974.

This notice is given in compliance with the provisions of the cca 1974

(gives the opening balance , total payments received , closing balance , period covered.

12/10/2015 Robinson Way

Your account details have been passed to us by our client to act as a collection agent and we will now be dealing with this account on their behalf .

12/11/2015 Robinson way - offer of reduced balance over three months to pay .

3/12/2015 Robinson way -The above overdue amount remains unpaid despite previous letters and calls. Your account is now due to be transferred to Howard Cohen & Co solicitors in the next 10 days , who will consider court action . If court action is taken, our clients solicitors will ask the court for an order adding legal costs and interest to the amount you owe. If the court grants their request , then the amount you owe will be increased.

If you would rather agree an affordable repyayment plan directly with us to prevent this account being passed to HOward &Co , or if you believe you have a valid dispute relating to this account, please contact us without delay.

13/01/2016 howard cohen

notice of pending legal action

we have been requested by our client's agent, robinson way ltd, to write to you regarding the above outstanding debt.

Unless acceptable proposals for paying the amount you owe are received within 10 days of the date of this letter, we are instructed to issue proceedings in the county court with a view to obtaining a county court judgement against you. If we issue proceedings we sall ask the court for an order adding legal costs and interest to the amount you ow. If the court grants our request. then the amount you owe will be increased .
    Certain procedural rules govern claims in the county court . A failure to follow those rules may result in the court imposing sanctions for non-compliance. Details of the rules relating to litiigation can be found at jusitc.gov.

13 Jan 2016 sent letter before action

The letter is dated 02/01/2016 and we got it today ???? which means the ten days threat to make a proposal is now up so not even allowing a defence .
    I think this needs a letter , anyone agree ??

thanks
    Last edited by Spent2much; 25 January 2016, 07:52.

Comment

LBA .....That's what I'd send
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
        LBA .....That's what I'd send

is that 'letter before action' ?

How do i pay the £10 fee to join ADD+ because i tried to join a few days ago and couldn't understand how to do it which group to join ?
        Please and thank you

Comment

is that 'letter before action' ?
          Yes
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes

which group do i join to get the access to the templates , i tried a few days back and i couldn't understand it please

Comment

aad+ top right

Comment

aad+ top right
                thanks i joined do i just get automatic access now or do i need a password ?

Comment

thanks i joined do i just get automatic access now or do i need a password ?
                  same password as you login to aad

Comment

same password as you login to aad

cheers Deepie

Comment

Type of account (loan HP )
                      joint
                      Date commenced (2005)

Approx balance (£3,070)

Date last paid (22 June 2012)

Are you on arrangement or not paying (was on dmp now stopped paying)

Status (default/cca being sent )

Account owner (black horse) dca need to find details

9.7/12012 sent cca request

29/09/2012 received copy of cca sent to niddy

r

received back from niddy 03/09/2012
                      ue because they added an arrangement fee the loan

15/10/2012 sent missing pt's

8/11/2012 from Black horse, cca was enforceable and asking questions why I think it is not.

18/07/2014 Capquest

The consumer credit act 1974 requires us to send you this arrears notice because you are behind with the sums payable under this agreement.

If you have not already done so , please contact us to discuss your missed payments as we would like to help you with any financial difficulties you may be experiencing.

If you want more information about which payments you failed to make please get in touch with us . We are required to give you this information within fifteen days of receiving your request for it .

16/01/2015 capquest
                      Notice of Sums in Arrears
                      The cca 1974 requires us to send you this arrears notice because you are behind with the sums payable under this agreement.

If you have not already done so, please contact us to discuss your missed payments as we would like to help you with any financial difficulties you may be experiencing.

This is not a demand for immediate payment if we have already agreed a repayment arrangement with you. If an arrangement has been made, this will cover the arrears in this notice and there is no need to contact us an you should continue to make payments in line with that arrangement. If you are unable to make these agreed repayments at any time in the future then please contact us to discuss your current circumstances and we will be able to assist you. If we have not agreed a repayment arrangement then please contact us.

20/07/2015 capquest

as above same thing not a demand for payment just notice of sums in arrears .

20/1/2016 capquest yearly reminder of arrears exactly the same letter as above .
                      update

Comment

Hiya - best just wait and see what they do next
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Type of account (credit card)mine

Date commenced (2003)

Approx balance (£1,756)

Date last paid (22 June 2012)

Are you on arrangement or not paying (was on dmp now stopped paying)

Status (default/cca being sent )

Account owner (HBOS)
                          9/7/12 cca request sent to halifax cc

4/8/12 halifax, cannot find original cca. terms and conditions sent to niddy

13/8/12 sent missing PT's to halifax
                          20/9/12 account assigned to Cabot 3/8/12

9/11/12 payment reminder from Cabot
                          9/11/12
                          from cabot
                          your account is overdue .
                          You agreed to make monthly repayments to cabot via a debt counsellor, but according to our records these payments have stopped .

We are aware that you are currently dealing with a debt counsellor, and we appreciate your cooperation in this matter.

We have conducted a review of your account and note that your debt counsellor has not yet made a repayment proposal, nor have you made any recent payments towards your account.

We understand that you are experiencing financial difficulties and that your debt counsellor will be making a repayment proposal shortly. However, we would like to offer you an alternative to hlep you be free of this debt within a few months.

OUR SOLuTION

We have already contacted your debt counsellor to advise them of our proposal to accept the lower amount of £1012.35 as full and final settlement of your account , and they may have already contacted you in this regard. If not, and you wish to take advantage of this settlement offer , please contact us within the next fourteen days.

The £1012.35 ideally needs to be paid over the next few weeks but if you do feel that you need more time then we can work with you to arrange this.

We hope you see our proposal as a solution to settle this account. However , should this not be feesible at this stage, we will be happy to continue to work with your debt counsellor to setup a repayment plan

6/02/2014 Cabot
                          6/02/2014 Cabot

YOU MUST CONTACT US

According to our records you currently owe £****** even though we have made repeated attempts (YES THEY HAVE TO MY MOBILE AND LANDLINE DAILY ) to obtain your commitment to repay this debt.

FIRST STEPS
                          It is important that you contact us. The balance is due and we have many ways in which we can help you clear this account.

It is important to take the first steps to repay this. No matter how small that is , it is still important to repay the money that is owed.

WHAT NEXT

One of our customer consultants can help you call 000000000
                          20/03/2014-
                          Cabot - we are sending your account to another debt collection company.

We have tried to work with you for some time now to help you repay your account .
                          Despite repeated attempts to contact you and asking you to talk to us about your account , we have still not heard from you.

We now have to start the next step recovery action. We are passing your account to Financial Investigations and Recoveries(Europe) Limited. They will receive our instructions within the next seven days.

We understand how difficult it can be to have a debt and we also understand how we can help you . We can only do that if you contact us.

If we do not hear from you then
                          Financial Investigations and Recoveries(Europe) Limited will be in touch shortly to agree a repayment plan .

22/04/2014 Cabot

Notice of arrears

This notice is in compliance with the Financial Conduct Authority Consumer Credit Sourebook and is being sent to you because our records who that you are behind with your repayments under your agreement.

Missed and partly made payments

This notice does not give dteails of missed or partly made paymets previously notified whether or not they remain unpaid.

DEFAULT SUMS AND INTEREST

You will not incur any deault sums or extra interest in relation to the missed or partly mae payments indidcated above. This notice does not take account of any payments received after the date of the notice.

Financial Conduct Authority Information Sheet.

This notice should include a copy of the current information sheet on arrears prepared by the Financial Conduct Authority. This contains important information about your rights and whete to go for support and advice, for example , to thnk carefully before boroowing money to repay your debts, as well as our right to charge you interest.

Important Information

This is not a final demand for payment BUT A FORMAL SATUTORY NOTICE TO NOTIFY YOU THAT YOUR ACCOINT IS IN ARREARS . Where we have accepted a lesser amount than your normal contractual repayments, it is important that you continue to make these repayments. Our acceptance of a lesser repayment amount should not be construed as a variation of novation of the terms of your agreement. We have the merely relaxed the ters to suit your needs but at all times reserve the right to strictly enforce the terms if you do not keep up with your repayments

03/05/2014 marlin financial services.

threat of court action to obtain a CCJ if payment arrangement plan is not made within 7 days of the date of this letter 29/04/2014

03/03/2015 Marlin/Cabot group are now a part of Marlin financial services
                          Letter explaining that cabot (CCM)
                          We note that you are yet to agree a repayment plan with us for you account and we really need to hear from you so that we can talk about options .

15/07/2015 From Cabot . We refer to your request for a copy of your agreement and statement of account.
                          Please find enclosed a copy of both documents from the original creditor.

Please contact us by return with your payment proposals to clear the amount outstanding .

1/8/2015 sent missing p&t to cabot

SORRY THIS IS BLUE IT JUST WON'T CHANGE TO RED TO POST A REPLY FROM CABOT

6/8/2015 From Cabot

We write with reference to the above matter and your recent leter received in our office regarding the Agreement we previously sent to you .

Here is an overview of the requirements of section 127(3) of the CCA 1974. For a credit agreement to be enforceable it must contain the following prescribed terms.

1) amount of credit
                          There must be a term on the agreement which states the amount of credit which has been issued

2)Credit Limit
                          The agreement must include regarding a credit limit or if a credit limit is not required (i.e. in the case of a loan)
                          3) repayments
                          The agreement must contain information on how the debtor is to make repayments. This could be in the form of any of the following .
                          a. amount of repayments to be made
                          b.date the repayments are to be made
                          c.timing of payments
                          d.frequency of payments
                          e.total number of repayments (for instance, when a loan is required)
                          f.the manner in which any of the above is to be determined.

4) rate of interest
                          There must be a term referring to the rate of interest to be applied to the credit agreement.

credit cards
                          If you have a credit card then sections 2,3,and 4 apply to you .

We have highlighted the relevant sections in the terms and conditions of your agreement which confirms that the enclosed agreement is a true copy with the cca 1974 . The agreement also does provide your name and address .
                          Please contact us with your repayment proposals to clear the above outstanding balance.
                          If you wish to discuss the matter with one of our customer consultants , please call the telephone number ...............

15/08/2015 Cabot

Save £1,214.82 on your balance

Offer to pay £808.88 as a full and final payment .

23/01/2016 Cabot

We would like to help you take some positive steps towards repaying your balance.
                          If you are able to clear your account within the next few months , we can assess how much you can pay or we can even consider an affordable monthly repayment plan .

Your account may be showing on your credit file and this may affect your ability to obtain credit now and in the future . When you commence payments on your account, every payment you make will reduce the balance shown on your credit file. If you feel you can't make payments then it is important that you call us and explain this to us .

update

Comment

I'd not respond to that
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Spent2much,

Did you send off the Letter Before Action Response to Howard Cohen re the Barclaycard/MKDP/Robinson Way debt in this post?:

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post547444

Elsa x

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                                Hi Spent2much,

Did you send off the Letter Before Action Response to Howard Cohen re the Barclaycard/MKDP/Robinson Way debt in this post?:

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post547444

Elsa x
                                Just updated

Comment

Working...
                                X