GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Buffy's diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buffy's diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Buffy's diary

Comment

From what I can tell they haven't got a case as their actions and statements are incorrect and possibly illegal. As this is a letter before action (LBA), you need to send this http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/FREE/LBA-2016.doc
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I think, legally, a bank can take money of savings or current accounts to pay of a debt. Not sure thought if they can do that if there is no money in the account. I did send this letter to the solicitors and their reply was the rubbish above, they haven't provided me with none of the documents that i asked. They even mention that a Statement of Account is enclosed but there were no other documents.

Comment

The letter goes to the solicitors. I'm not 100% sure on all this! I don't think they can make a credit agreement into an overdraft! There is a CCA letter in AAD+ for overdrafts, but I'm not sure if you need to send this. If you have an overdraft they need to send you paperwork.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sorry i think i was editing my original post are you were sending a reply

I did send this letter to the solicitors and their reply was the rubbish above, they haven't provided me with none of the documents that i asked. They even mention that a Statement of Account is enclosed but there were no other documents.

Comment

Oh i just saw the AAD+ site that wasn't there when i first joined the forum
              I will subscribe to it later on tonight

Comment

If they do issue a claim, post here as Niddy is able to recommend an excellent solicitor who I think would be able to send Restons running for the hills very quickly! They are bullies and shysters!

Comment

What is the actual process? Does the claim go straight to court or do they have to notify me first? I would assume that they would have to send me proof from Arrow Global, basically all the stuff that i asked in the letter. Do they usually file for a CCJ?

Comment

I am thinking about sending Arrow Global the Bank Accounts - CCA and Reston's solicitors the Formal letter before action. Do these look like the right letters please?

I have the CCA response from Metropolitan for the loan but of course nothing referring to the overdraft.
                    Last edited by buffy300577; 24 April 2017, 20:35.

Comment

HSBC - Was with Metropolitan, now with Arrow Global
                      Current balance £3755 (loan)
                      Account Opened: 26 August 2006
                      Last full payment: June 2008
                      Default Date: 17 April 2009
                      DMP with Payplan cancelled January 2014 - Not paying anything at the mo
                      6/6/12 Send CCA letter
                      20/6/12 Received letter, only referring to the overdraft, Section 78 does not apply to current accounts.
                      25/06/12 Letter from Metropolitan. When they have the docs they will send them to me.
                      17/7/12 Send CCA Reminder - Unenforceability Threat
                      CCA back, awaiting Niddy's judgement
                      04/08/12 Niddy says it could be but blag it for the time. Sending CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms on Monday
                      02/01/14 Have send them a F+F for 15%, also this account does not appear in Noddle or Experian reports
                      24/07/14 I've had no contact from Metropolitan
                      02/03/15 Nothing heard from them still. 2 months left before it drops from my credit file
                      24/11/15 This has now fallen off my credit file and i haven't heard anything from them in 2 years. Lets hope they stay away
                      24/04/2017 I started getting letters from Reston Solicitor threatening legal action now. It seems that this loan has now somehow been converted to an overdraft from HSBC

Originally posted by buffy300577 View Post
                      I am thinking about sending Arrow Global the Bank Accounts - CCA and Reston's solicitors the Formal letter before action. Do these look like the right letters please?
                      I have the CCA response from Metropolitan for the loan but of course nothing referring to the overdraft.
                      Send Reston's the LBA-2016

Metropolitan CCA Response will have the Account Number so you can check that against the Account Number provided by Restons.
                      Just look at the CCA Response Account Number ( Loan Agreement!) that Metropolitan sent. Metropolitan were and are HSBC!!

Restons (are Agents for Arrow) have confirmed they have received your £1 and are in default of CCA under s.78/7.

Where is their proof that this was a overdraft. Now how are they going to do that?

I would suggest you send a SAR request to HSBC (this costs £10 but will reveal the truth)

Do not engage in any tit for tat exchange that gets you to acknowledge the Debt!

Others may have other advice.
                      Last edited by Roger; 24 April 2017, 21:46.

Comment

The Metropolitan CCA response has a different account number on, it is the one i had for the loan. At some point the current account and loan were amalgamated. If i send a SAR request to HSBC do they send me everything they have on file for me or just anything that relates to this overdraft? I had a loan and a mastercard with them which i stopped paying 3 years ago. The mastercard was from 1999 and was unenforceable so they stopped bothering me.

Comment

Originally posted by buffy300577 View Post
                          The Metropolitan CCA response has a different account number on, it is the one i had for the loan. At some point the current account and loan were amalgamated. If i send a SAR request to HSBC do they send me everything they have on file for me or just anything that relates to this overdraft? I had a loan and a mastercard with them which i stopped paying 3 years ago. The mastercard was from 1999 and was unenforceable so they stopped bothering me.
                          The SAR covers all http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post495040
                          The SAR will show what has actually happened.
                          In a way you have answered your own question send the CCA letter in AAD+ for overdrafts to Arrow (and a copy of that overdraft letter to Restons with the LBA-2016).

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                            If they do issue a claim, post here
                            A claim has now been issued by Restons solicitors and the thread can be found here >

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post590654

Di

Comment

Working...
                            X