GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cabot referral to solicitor in 1m - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabot referral to solicitor in 1m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timewilltell View Post
    Court papers will come via post.
    perhaps he was a throw back to the 70’s as in a doorstep seller?
    Ah! watch it - I was a tallyman once in 1969.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post

Ah! watch it - I was a tallyman once in 1969.
      It wasn’t the sixties ones that you had too watch!!

Comment

Type of account - credit card
        Date commenced - 2009?
        Approx balance - £13000
        Date last paid - november 2017
        Are you on arrangement or not paying - no arrangement, not paying
        Account owner - cabot financial europe

13/5/22: letter from czbot, we will pass your case to our solicitors in 1 month.

20/5/22: letter from cabot, we will pass your case to our solicitor in 21 days

27/5/22: letter from cabot, we will pass your case to our solicitors is 14 days

3/6/22: letter from cabot, we will pass your case to our solicitors in 7 days.

6/22: DSAR received from virgin. No credit agreement. Letters advising missed payments, monthly statements and default notice only.

23/6/22: Letter from cabot,. We have tried to contact you to discuss your account... we are referring upur account to equivo solicitors scotland. They will want to speak to you within the next 7 days where they will review your situation and help arrange the most suitable solution based on your circumstances.

Comment

Looking at equivos website, they look like another debt collector to me! I wonder why they didn't pass to cabots lawyers as suggested? So again I wait and see what happens. I expect equivos will start yo send me begging letters. Anyone have any experience with them?

Comment

Bullying tactics, sending a countdown letter every 7 days.

What they haven't said is that equivos may commence legal action.

Comment

The other letters from cabot said they would commence legal action through their solicitors, I forget their name. This one said they will contact me to discuss solutions. I think this looks like they have sold the debt to them, rather than a solicitor working on their behalf?

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow33 View Post
                The other letters from cabot said they would commence legal action through their solicitors, I forget their name. This one said they will contact me to discuss solutions. I think this looks like they have sold the debt to them, rather than a solicitor working on their behalf?
                In your earlier post you said they wrote "referring" to equivos. That doesn't sound like selling. In any case, I would sit tight and see what comes next.

Comment

Date commenced - 2009?
                  Approx balance - £13000

13/5/22: letter from czbot, we will pass your case to our solicitors in 1 month.

6/22: DSAR received from virgin. No credit agreement. Letters advising missed payments, monthly statements and default notice only.

23/6/22: Letter from cabot,. We have tried to contact you to discuss your account... we are referring upur account to equivo solicitors scotland. They will want to speak to you within the next 7 days where they will review your situation and help arrange the most suitable solution based on your circumstances.

29/6/22 letter from equivo. We are a firm of solicitors and have been instructed to contact uouvto agree how the sum outstanding from you will be paid. Please call us ... may accept a lump sum or regular installments...

no deadline for contacting thrm and no mention of legal action.

Comment

File and await their next move.

Comment

They too by their letter are chancers hoping the fact it says Solicitors will frighten you too pay, as said file and wait remain quiet.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Type of account - credit card Date commenced - 2009? Approx balance - £13000 Date last paid - november 2017 Are you on arrangement or not paying - no arrangement, not paying Account owner - cabot financial europe

13/5/22: letter from cabot, we will pass your case to our solicitors in 1 month. We will take you to court etc

29/6/22 letter from equivo. We are a firm of solicitors and have been instructed to contact uouvto agree how the sum outstanding from you will be paid. Please call us ... may accept a lump sum or regular installments... no deadline for contacting thrm and no mention of legal action.

7/7 text from equivo, please contact us to discuss our recent letter

Comment

Leave them to it, they’ll write if they have anything meaningful to say, or perhaps not because they know they can’t ???

Comment

Date commenced - 2009?
                              Approx balance - £13000

29/6/22 letter from equivo. We are a firm of solicitors and have been instructed to contact uouvto agree how the sum outstanding from you will be paid. Please call us ... may accept a lump sum or regular installments...

no deadline for contacting thrm and no mention of legal action.

10/7/22 letter from eqivio. We have wrote to you znd telephoned you but have been unable to make contact with you. We are keen to find a suitable solution....we may be able to accept a partial settlement etc etc.. if you do not contact us we may be instructed by our client to issue court proceedings against you wich will include z claim for costs .if a decree is obtained we may be instructed to enforce etc etc.

Comment

Still sounds like threats, but I am wondering why cabot would use the third party if they did not intend to go to court? I assumd they would send an intention to pursue before going to court??? And IF I get an intention to pursue then that would be the time to do a prove it letter?

Comment

Working...
                                X