GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cabot referral to solicitor in 1m - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabot referral to solicitor in 1m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it a Virgin or MBNA credit card? At that time many Virgin branded cards were issued by MBNA.

Comment

Definitely virgin as I recall... I will do the data request and let you know how I get on. Interestingly cabot have been calling and texting every day since I got their letter - very stressful!

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow33 View Post
        Definitely virgin as I recall... I will do the data request and let you know how I get on. Interestingly cabot have been calling and texting every day since I got their letter - very stressful!
        Can you not block their numbers?

Try not to get stressed, they are clearly trying to bully you into acknowledging the debt. DON'T pick up their calls. It's almost as if they know time is nearly up, and they blitzing you to try to restart the clock. Don't fall for it.

Comment

Thank you....yes I am blocking every one. They have quite a few different numbers! I know their game! I will update you once I have the data request or any further communication. I really appreciate the advice and support.

Comment

Just hang on in there, it will get better.

Comment

Todays letter
              Attached Files

Comment

I assume I can do a program the debt letter once i hear ftombtheir solicitor. I also assume that if they do a before court action letter before it is statute barred then that is the equivalent of it never going statute barred and I would need to negotiate a payme plan?

Comment

Well, the entire letter is designed to frighten you regarding what might happen "if legal action starts".

See what more knowledgable people have to say.

EDIT: But it would be a good idea to get that DSAR letter off to Virgin.
                  Last edited by Still Waving; 21 May 2022, 11:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
                    Well, the entire letter is designed to frighten you regarding what might happen "if legal action starts".

See what more knowledgable people have to say.

EDIT: But it would be a good idea to get that DSAR letter off to Virgin.
                    Spot On and the letter tells of guess what a Letter Before Claim!!
                    But see they could go straight to issue a Claim to avoid it becoming Statute Barred.

I agree with Still Waving !!

Comment

The card was taken out some years back. The debt has been sold on. There is a financial requirement to keep records for 7 years for statutory purposes - 6 years plus current - after which they may be destroyed.

Just wondering of the chances that the Virgin records are still available due to the time since the card was taken out and that the debt has been sold on.

Recently, I tried to SAR for a telecoms debt that had been sold on, as nothing had been received regarding payment/non-payment, default, assignment etc. Nothing until a debt collector sent a letter demanding money.

All that came back was a copy of the contract and some HTML. There were no bills or assignment documents. There was a workflow print, with links to documents which would hold some details of the actions taken and documents produced. All the data behind the links had been deleted and so was inaccessible. No documents could be re/produced.

The cherry on the cake was the fact that for some unknown reason, the service provider had changed from postal statements/comms to on-line. The "debtor" was a 98 year old with dementia.

Comment

Originally posted by julian View Post
                        The card was taken out some years back. The debt has been sold on. There is a financial requirement to keep records for 7 years for statutory purposes - 6 years plus current - after which they may be destroyed.

Just wondering of the chances that the Virgin records are still available due to the time since the card was taken out and that the debt has been sold on.

Recently, I tried to SAR for a telecoms debt that had been sold on, as nothing had been received regarding payment/non-payment, default, assignment etc. Nothing until a debt collector sent a letter demanding money.

All that came back was a copy of the contract and some HTML. There were no bills or assignment documents. There was a workflow print, with links to documents which would hold some details of the actions taken and documents produced. All the data behind the links had been deleted and so was inaccessible. No documents could be re/produced.

The cherry on the cake was the fact that for some unknown reason, the service provider had changed from postal statements/comms to on-line. The "debtor" was a 98 year old with dementia.
                        When Debts are sold the DCA is given minimal information. This means that Cabot are limited to whatever is in the DSAR!
                        When and or if Cabot send a Letter Before Claim Yellow33 can talk to Colin G Quinn the initial interview is free!
                        So the sooner the DSAR is requested the better!

Comment

Thank you, I will do this today!

Comment

I assume they would need paperwork, contracts etc to enable them to take to court? Keep you posted on how I get on. Again, I appreciate the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow33 View Post
                              I assume they would need paperwork, contracts etc to enable them to take to court? Keep you posted on how I get on. Again, I appreciate the help.
                              Normally you would wait before asking for a DSAR. But here when you are so close to Statute Bar you need to know what if any documents and or details are available with Virgin. Because Cabot will have the same problem sic lack of paper work.
                              This is putting you in control of your Debts! You are a long long way from a CCJ! Tactics also play a part !!

Comment

I assume that cabot would not be able to take me to court znd win if they fo not have full documentation needed to provd the debt? Request is submitted, hopefully they give nothing lol

Comment

Working...
                                X