GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cabot referral to solicitor in 1m - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabot referral to solicitor in 1m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Take note:-Scotland currently has no mandatory pre-action protocol procedures, it has been said on searching.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
        Take note:-Scotland currently has no mandatory pre-action protocol procedures, it has been said on searching.
        That could affect the OP then.

Comment

• You quote from the DSAR

There was no credit agreement, even with an x, which came with my DSAR.

What was the Date of the default Notice entry in the DSAR?

" .. I have looked at the documentation and on the list of recorded customer coments and activities it states on 06/08/18 cabot credit management. Then 07/08/18 closed status, sold to member. .."

Your Diary shows ".. cabot financial europe .." who I presume have been writing to you!

The DSAR ".. cabot credit managment.."

But sold to member !!!!
          NOW this is really important WHICH CABOT MEMBER COMPANY WAS ASSIGNED THIS DEBT!
          Cabot normally show the Assigned MEMBER on their correspondence!!

As for CABOT See here https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/f...abot#post33536
          The latest entries in this Blog are Dec 2021 https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/f...97#post1543297

Comment

• Needs Colin G Quinn to comment possibly
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

Comment

Needs Colin G Quinn to comment possibly
              I think so.

Comment

• Hi, won't be the simple procedure as the debt is more than 5000. I also think there msy be a valid credit agreement on file. I am just about to rail my docs to the email address advised by the tech clerk.

I am thinking I need to pay. I dong think I have a case!

Comment

• I strongly suggest you get some (free) initial advice from Colin G Quinn. First, as Roger said, look at the correspondence to establish exactly which Cabot company is shown as owning the debt.

Comment

• Only CCA

Comment

Only CCA
                      To niddy

Comment

• £10000:is the threshold small claims limit eng/wales
                        Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 17 July 2022, 16:44.

Comment

£10000:is the threshold small claims limit
                          In Scotland? 14k, big boy court???

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post
                            You quote from the DSAR

There was no credit agreement, even with an x, which came with my DSAR.

What was the Date of the default Notice entry in the DSAR?

" .. I have looked at the documentation and on the list of recorded customer coments and activities it states on 06/08/18 cabot credit management. Then 07/08/18 closed status, sold to member. .."

Your Diary shows ".. cabot financial europe .." who I presume have been writing to you!

The DSAR ".. cabot credit managment.."

But sold to member !!!!
                            NOW this is really important WHICH CABOT MEMBER COMPANY WAS ASSIGNED THIS DEBT!
                            Cabot normally show the Assigned MEMBER on their correspondence!!

As for CABOT See here https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/f...abot#post33536
                            The latest entries in this Blog are Dec 2021 https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/f...97#post1543297
                            It's cabot financial UK.... says so on the equivo correspondence!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Yellow33 View Post

It's cabot financial UK.... says so on the equivo correspondence!!!!
                              This is an Entry from
                              Still Waving

26 August 2021, 16:34
                              Who is now the actual owner of this debt?
                              Which part of Cabot is threatening you? The letter heading is - Cabot (something, something, something). ? What ?

If it's Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd, as I understand it, they are not FCA authorised and so cannot lawfully issue legal proceedings.

Might now be a good time to have a word with the initial interview is free refer back to your diary!
                              You are a long way from a CCJ!
                              Colin G Quinn

Comment

• 100% cabot financial UK Ltd. I have sent docs via email thanks to the tech Clark who has passed onto Jo for comment.

I cant thank-you all so much for you advice today was a low day!

Comment

Working...
                                X