GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cabot referral to solicitor in 1m - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabot referral to solicitor in 1m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I now understand what you mean by a diary having read quite a few today. I also have sond other debts to add for the full picture as you say. I will wait to see I the thread xsn by moved before starting z new diary.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

Have you had contact with them apart from sending the DSAR? If you did you might be deemed to have admitted the debt, which would reset the Statute Bar. Regarding paying - that would definitely restart the clock.

See what others think about the situation.

EDIT: Just reading back - it seems they threatened to pass to their solicitors on 11 June. If that is correct, I would not be paying at this point anyhow.
      I only thought you could acknowledge a debt if you wrote to them or made a payment and phone calls are irrelevant this is from step change

The following do not count as written acknowledgement of a debt:
      • A letter from you to the creditor clearly stating you don’t owe the debt
      • A letter from the creditor to you
      • Speaking to a creditor over the phone

https://www.stepchange.org/debt-info...companies.aspx

Comment

Very interesting ... I was worried I said too much on the phone and they has somehow tricked me by getting me to call. I liked someone else's comments in relation to another person/case where they sent a prove the debt letter and were anxious about the responsr.. if the debt is sold on to cabot the original debtor has washed their hands and they have no motivation to cooperate with the debt collector.

Comment

'Acknowledging the debt has to be in writing. If you haven’t done this, it doesn’t matter if the creditor has written to you, or you have discussed the debt on the phone – this won’t stop the debt being statute barred. If you have reclaimed PPI, this is likely to have acknowledged the debt'.

I am sure the experts on this wonderful forum will have caselaw on this but wanted to stare.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrreese6018 View Post

I only thought you could acknowledge a debt if you wrote to them or made a payment and phone calls are irrelevant this is from step change

The following do not count as written acknowledgement of a debt:
            • A letter from you to the creditor clearly stating you don’t owe the debt
            • A letter from the creditor to you
            • Speaking to a creditor over the phone

https://www.stepchange.org/debt-info...companies.aspx
            What about emails ?

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

What about emails ?
              Proof is on the balance of probabilities!!

Evidence can be raising a dispute over a Credit Reference Agency report!!
              What if the phone Call is recorded! A Transcript made etc.. Your word against theirs!

NO THE SAFEST IS SILENCE!!! SIT ON YOUR HANDS
              Build up a Diary of Facts (backed by evidence!) this leads to good decisions!

Comment

Hi, I have received my data request today. I will get the diary done this week but wanted to post. They have sent me all correspondence including monthly statements and default notices. They caution on the attached letter that they nay not have everything and they have sent me all they have. No credit card application form or credit agreement contained, nothing with my signature electronic or otherwise- I assume this is good news? Last payment to account or communication from me was Nov 2017. 5 years to statute barred in Scotland so this is also good to know. Still no correspondence from cabot solicitors.

Comment

did you send seperate CCA1974 request with it incl a £1.00 postal order? if not do not send yet unless advised to on here keep diary up to date
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow33 View Post
                    Hi, I have received my data request today. I will get the diary done this week but wanted to post. They have sent me all correspondence including monthly statements and default notices. They caution on the attached letter that they nay not have everything and they have sent me all they have. No credit card application form or credit agreement contained, nothing with my signature electronic or otherwise- I assume this is good news? Last payment to account or communication from me was Nov 2017. 5 years to statute barred in Scotland so this is also good to know. Still no correspondence from cabot solicitors.
                    Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                    did you send seperate CCA1974 request with it incl a £1.00 postal order? if not do not send yet unless advised to on here keep diary up to date
                    Completely Agree with The Tech Clerk

I remind ".. When Debts are sold the DCA is given minimal information. This means that Cabot are limited to whatever is in the DSAR! .."

Now this is really useful!
                    ".. They caution on the attached letter that they nay not have everything and they have sent me all they have .."

Comment

No I haven't done a CCA request. Only the DSAR because I wanted to know if statute barred and what info they hold. Now I wait. I guess my next move would be a prove it letter if and when their solicitor advise they are about to take action.

Comment

do not get into letter ping pong with them, keep a diary update and others will advise next move
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi - advice on how to deal with debt collectors calling at your home required. I had a strange guy tuna up when I was out, seen on my ring doorbell, no name badge but nocked for ages and had a bag. I have had resolveacall come before and they wore a badge and left a card. I am guessing he will come back tomorrow. Also wondering if it could be court papers or this would ve be post??

Comment

Edit - my spelling is not this bad, I struggle typing on my phone!!

Comment

if in then they state resolve call or other (if debt collectors) no powers., give card shut door end of:-

Comment

Court papers will come via post.
                                perhaps he was a throw back to the 70’s as in a doorstep seller?

Comment

Working...
                                X