GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script JD Williams / What do I do? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JD Williams / What do I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JD Williams / What do I do?

Hiya

Just a quick update here - do not pay the instalments due next week - just leave things as they are now. We need a response to your letter, if you can check the track and trace system and see when they were signed for, that'd be great...?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi.

Track and Trace states the Letter to JD Williams and Fashion World was delivered on the 09/01/12 and the one to Reliable Collections was 10/01/12

Comment

Originally posted by MaryEssex View Post
        Hi.

Track and Trace states the Letter to JD Williams and Fashion World was delivered on the 09/01/12 and the one to Reliable Collections was 10/01/12
        Great so we know they have them and any threats made afterwards helps towards the FOS complaint, so sit tight and keep note of any attempted calls/letters etc from either firm.

Keep us updated
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

How long do I keep you updated for?

Comment

say what?

Until they get lost and leave you alone of course! We are awaiting a reply to the letters you sent, so obviously you need to keep us updated until they do respond then we'll move forwards from that point.

Comment

As long as you need to,

or just to let others know how you're doing
              It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Until it's over.

Is there a problem with that?

Comment

No not a problem, Just at first it seemed like there was a set plan, set legal way of doing things like "Send this letter, then 10 days before payment is due we will send this letter" etc but it turned into "don't pay them and hope they go away" kind of thing and I guess it just confused me as I have a feeling they will just keep asking for money and I will keep telling them about their breaches but nothing much else will happen.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

Yes you are wrong.

You sent my letter right? You have proof it was signed for right? So please, use some common sense here - why the hell would you do ANYTHING right now when clearly you're awaiting a response thus I asked you to stay in touch.

Yes there's a plan but you still have to go with the flow.

Comment

Ok an update. Just what I suspected would happen has happened.

Got a letter two days ago from Reliable Collections on behalf of JD and Fashion World saying all the action they did was fair, asking me to prove any charges I got ( which I said they would ), and that a hold on the account will be placed for 28 days, However today got the usual "you haven't paid" letter as I was told to cancel the payments by you.

So really, it's worse atm.
                      Last edited by MaryEssex; 30 January 2012, 13:48.

Comment

So really, it's worse atm.
                        How?

Comment

Just wanna butt in here, dont stress about other letters you get demanding payment.

Most of the time, its standard template letters sent out on certain dates and the person at the desk has no idea of the conversation you are currently having with regards to anything else.

The account has been put on hold for 28 days, you have the letter as proof, so you need not worry about demanding letters.

Seriously, dont stress, it really is just formality that these letters get sent without knowing the facts or history of the account.
                          Last edited by SXGuy; 30 January 2012, 16:00.
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ok thank you.

I guess at the moment I just see no end to it really, It's going to be me saying "you breached etc etc" them ignoring it and adding more charges etc, I win back those charges and the whole process happens all over again. As I tried contacting the OFT and FOS about it but tbh they never reply to me.

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                            Just wanna butt in here, dont stress about other letters you get demanding payment.

Most of the time, its standard template letters sent out on certain dates and the person at the desk has no idea of the conversation you are currently having with regards to anything else.

The account has been put on hold for 28 days, you have the letter as proof, so you need not worry about demanding letters.

Seriously, dont stress, it really is just formality that these letters get sent without knowing the facts or history of the account.

Comment

Hi

How can it be worse?

You are in the driver's seat and they must now deal with their errors as pointed out by Niddy. They are always going to write and say "we disagree" or "you haven't paid" etc but that is what they do.

Trust me when I say I was up to my eyes in debt and worried sick. I joined this site in June 2011 and now I have no stress at all. I get letters all the time with threats but they remain as threats because the info I get from Niddy and the crew keeps them on the back foot. So don't sweat when they write threatening to burn your house down or kidnap your children they are empty threats 99% of the time.

Just follow the advice and play the letter exchange game without worrying about being worse off. Keep copies of everything and make a diary recording all calls they make as all of this comes in handy later.

Good luck

MJ
                              Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mauijim View Post
                                I joined this site in June 2011 and now I have no stress at all. I get letters all the time with threats but they remain as threats because the info I get from Niddy and the crew keeps them on the back foot. So don't sweat when they write threatening to burn your house down or kidnap your children they are empty threats 99% of the time.
                                Especially after the EU directive forbidding any creditor carting off a debtor's children for rendering down at the local glue works.

They can't even take one of the debtor's kidneys without a Shylock order.

Comment

Working...
                                X