GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script JD Williams / What do I do? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JD Williams / What do I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JD Williams / What do I do?

Originally posted by samsmum View Post
    That's the one. Only one to say the debts being reassigned and one to confirm residency and tell me the debt wont go away. Adding loads of charges on every month tho
    who did you send template to and who responded? It may need a follow-up

*threat of impending legal action unless you pissoff and stop harassing me* kinda style

I'll update your thread if you can post an update on there for me
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MaryEssex View Post
      Thank you . What details would you like?
      Briefly, details of what you agreed etc so you can formally complain but for me to be you, ie to do a template, I need to know the facts such as dates and agreements etc, ie when was the first payment due to be made, what was the balance at that time, what charges are being applied, if you're paying £20 per month what are the charges for exactly? See what I mean?

It's hard to kick ass without knowing the facts. If you have a long email of history and want to send that over to me, then even better as I can then read one email and get the gist of things - niddy@all-about-debt.co.uk

Otherwise post blanket info here - whatever suits you really....
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        who did you send template to and who responded? It may need a follow-up

*threat of impending legal action unless you pissoff and stop harassing me* kinda style

I'll update your thread if you can post an update on there for me
        Updated my thread

Comment

Why - apart from a genetic predisposition to be awkward - did the numpties at Williams state that the minimum payment was £60?
          Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 3 January 2012, 15:44.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
            Why - apart from a genetic predisposition to be awkward - did the numpties at Williams state that the minimum payment was £60?
            I'm guessing missed DD payments for the last months.... dunno for sure though

Comment

Oooh interesting, I've just "happened upon" a jdw dd form and they're at fault - not you. Shame

I'll sort you something later. Bear with me

Comment

Firstly they said I owed £573, after I sent them a Unlawful Charges Form and a LBL that went down to £118, So I wrote asking them if I could pay that off £20 a month on the 26th of every month. They wrote to me saying yes with a DD form. ... However they tried to take the money out on the 21st twice and my wages weren't in there yet.
                1. When did they say you owed £573 (i.e. statement or via debt collection etc...?)
                2. Were you in arrears then, prior to all this build up of charges?
                3. What date did you write asking about £20p/m payments?
                4. When did they reply, with the DD Form?
                5. When did you send the DD Form back?
                6. When did they write and confirm the DD?
                7. What date did they try and take money on the 21st, twice? i.e. please clarify the months in question?

So then I asked if I could set up a standing order in which £20 would come out every 26th and they agreed and gave me their account details
                1. What date did you agree this with JDW, i.e. the date of your letter and their response?

but they added on more charges for missed payments, also a charge as I only paid £20 instead of what they claim is the mimium of £60, now the debt has gone back up to £207
                1. What are the specific dates and value of each charge and the reason they claim the charge was applied?
                2. What have you actually paid either by way of DD or SO and did your bank charge you for the failed DD attempts by JDW?

Ok the above is the info needed, if you can quote me and respond to each point that'd help work things out, cos right now I cannot ask for anything refunding without first knowing the dates involved, as this would then answer why and what the charges were for etc....

If you spend half an hour here responding to my questions, then we'll sort you a nice letter using their own terms against them but my time is limited and you aint got long cos I am so busy right now and can't get involved in heavy problematic issues right now as I cannot commit - thus today I have "spare" time, maybe a wee bit tomorrow as well - that's it!

My argument would be based around their own DD Guarantee which states:

* If the amounts to be paid or the payment dates change then JDW will notify you at least 10 working days (i.e. 2 wks) in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed.

This quite simply means, you win - they lose. Did they give you 10 days notice of the payment fluctuation? When you set-up a DD the company is meant to send a schedule of payments, for instance something confirming acceptance of the DD and also the approximate amount and payment date. The payment date would normally state "on 26th or nearest working day before payment due date" or maybe even "on 26th or nearest working day after payment due date"

Its this DD confirmation letter that I really need to see, however if you don't have it no worries we can SAR them at a later date if we need it.

So, the sooner you reply, the sooner I can sort you a nice nasty letter

Comment

Hello Again, Very sorry about the delay we've had terrible weather here and think maybe it played havoc with my internet connection.

1, The last letter they wrote to me saying I owed £573 was 02/06/2011
                  2, No arrears before the charges.
                  3, I made the offer on 28/08/2011
                  4, They replied on 2/09/2011
                  5, I send back the form on 2/09/2011
                  6, They wrote and confirmed the DD on 06/09/2011
                  7, They attempted it Twice, First on 21/10/2011 and 21/11/2011 after which they cancelled trying and informed me that I had failed to pay and charges were added to my account.

The standing order confirmation was by EMail, I asked on the 29/11/11 for their account details so I could set up a standing order for the 26th of every month instead as that way I know the payment will go through on the correct day, they responded via email on the 30/11/11 confirming their account number, sort code and name to pay

The charges since I won back my other charges are as follows.
                  15th June - Administration Charge - £12
                  15th June - Administration Charge - £12
                  13th July - Credit Charge £12.35
                  *I can't seem to find the paperwork for Auguest / September but I know I got charges then to.
                  5th Oct - Administration Charge - £12
                  5th Oct - Administration Charge - £12
                  19th Oct - Administration Charge - £12
                  2nd Nov - Credit Charge - £3.47

To date I've actually only paid £20 on the 26/12/2011 via the Standing Order as thats the only payment that has gone through due to JDW attempts to take it out to early to many times, However as it stands at the moment they claim I must also pay £60 as I failed to pay so many times (which wasn't my fault), and if they keep charging me between £24 - £30 each month while I pay them £20 then the debt will never actually get paid.

I do indeed have the letter they sent of the DD Confirmation on but I'm not sure how much use it would be as they don't use the words "26th" or even the amount on their form. Just that they have agreed to be paid overy month and from what account. They then go on to say they work on a 28 day month.
                  Last edited by MaryEssex; 3 January 2012, 22:14.

Comment

Hiya

Ok I'll sort you a response in morning. Got plenty of info against them

I'll do you a response; pop in tmw. It'll be here early morning.

don't stress and continue with the SO for the agreed £20 p/m. I'll argue the DD thing in the response and the associated charges.

One last thing; on 28th August it was £118 (balance) but from June you had charges. What were these for, non payment or what? Things don't add up quite right.

Ok, if you had a £573 debt in June and in August they refunded it - what was the charges for and similarly, do these charges add onto the balance of £118 to make the amount they claim?

I'm trying to establish the point you had a £118 balance...

Comment

The above may not make sense but I'm going to be arguing the point "my balance was £118 thus that's all I'm gonna pay - end of. But if you last paid in June then this ain't gonna be easy.

Charges for the November dd fiasco are also fine. I'll get those wiped.

Make better sense what I'm trying to achieve?

Comment

Hi. The June charges were then I won back my charges in June but they have been adding charges since then, even though I've been trying to set up payment plans since then to which either went ignored or rejected, first was £10 a month and then a one time payment of £70 which is all I could raise at the time but they rejected that to.

So really it's mainly this latest adventure that it's needed for really. Thank you for all your help so far

Comment

Ok so the balance is technically £118 plus the charges prior to those from November upon agreement. Right?

So at the time you agreed to set up the dd before this latest debacle; what was the balance? That's what we'll agree to - minus the cheeky compo we're asking for

Comment

It would have been £118 that would have been the fully owed figure when I started to ask them about a monthly repayment plan. Even though I was always in contact with them making offers which they refused they were still adding charges. I wrote to them asking them to freeze the charges as clearly I'm trying to arange repayment and they said the charges stand. I feel I was treated this way due to me winning back the previous charges and they were making a point, and right now the charges they are adding are based on not paying the minimum payment, rather than non payment charges I think.

Comment

Last question - did you get bank charges for bounced dd and if so how much in total (broken down) please. We get these back too

Comment

I'm gonna go for account write off. Sod it

Comment

Working...
                                X