GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclays Advance Account - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclays Advance Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclays Advance Account

One month later, still no reply from either PRA or Barclays.

Comment

Letter from Barclays dated 19 September 2015, received today.
      Dear Enforcer
      Important information about your Notice of Default

We discovered that following changes to the Consumer Credit Act (CCA) we inadvertently sent a number of customers incorrect information about their loan and in some cases didn't send information we should have.
      According to the CCA, we aren't entitled to charge interest from the time of the initial error until it is corrected. The loan we're referring to is shown below.

----------
      What this means to you

As we continued to charge you interest on your loan after we made this error we had to return this interest to you. However as you are still in breach of your loan agreement after this adjustment we need to issue a new Notice of Default to you and this is included with this letter. The outstanding balance shown on the Notice of Default is the balance after the interest has been returned to your loan account. We will update the Credit Reference Agencies with your new loan balance, but the date the default was originally registered will not be changed.

what you need to do now

Please read this Notice carefully as you must comply with the actions contained in it by the specified date. You can contact us on ----- to arrange to pay your arrears in full.

Get in touch

If you have any questions about what happened, the amount of interest that has been deducted from your loan or anything else about your loan, please call us.

New Notice of Default served under Section 87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974
      Amount is now £2,284.72

Default Notice dated 19 September 2015.

Seems very strange!! Any comments??

Comment

Rectifying the breach so they can enforce?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

barclays have added a now SB loan to my credit file, but have marked it as up to date from Jan this year, but I have made no payments for the last 6 years how can they do this, it was defaulted in 2004 originally then they defaulted it again in 2008.
          Have complained to Equifax that I do not have a current up to date loan with Barclays.

what the chuff are they playin at?
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Niddy, Still not supplied anything that complies with CCA, nor explained how they got the calculations for interest wrong. Will sit this one out. Wait and see what they do next, not worrying, yet!

Comment

If they're deceiving the CRA just raise a dispute and refer the CRA to the original reference that showed the original default.

As you know, only one default per account is permitted. The CRA has a duty to ensure they're reporting accurate data. The moment you clarify the original entry they can intervene.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                Hi Niddy, Still not supplied anything that complies with CCA, nor explained how they got the calculations for interest wrong. Will sit this one out. Wait and see what they do next, not worrying, yet!
                nice one. Keep us updated

Comment

Thanks for the info. However I have never checked my credit ratings with any crab, nor do I intend to. Will be ready for retirement by time all defaults drop off. Will not be looking for debt again.

Comment

My CRA reply was to Nightwatch

Comment

• Re: Barclays Advance Account

Letter today from Barclays Advocacy Resolution Team.
                      Dear Enforcer
                      Your Complaint
                      Thank you for contacting us. We're sorry you've had cause to complain and we'll look into it thoroughly. We'll have an answer for you as quickly as we can.

Strange one, I complained in November 2013, taken a long time for them to look into it!

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                        Letter today from Barclays Advocacy Resolution Team.
                        Dear Enforcer
                        Your Complaint
                        Thank you for contacting us. We're sorry you've had cause to complain and we'll look into it thoroughly. We'll have an answer for you as quickly as we can.

Strange one, I complained in November 2013, taken a long time for them to look into it!
                        Blimey that was quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bit like me years ago to Thatcher, she responded very late months after request to her, saying sorry I would like to help but subjudice as being beyond the 3 months threshold!
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Still had no reply from September 2015. This is the only account left in default. Everything else has been closed by debt collectors and now statute barred. Still not checked my status with any credit reference agencies but I assume that this one will continue until at least November 2019. Should have defaulted this at same time as the rest! Learned to live without credit.

Comment

Working...
                          X