GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclays Advance Account - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclays Advance Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclays Advance Account

Received a letter today from Mike Gamble, Head of consumer lending operations. He has noticed that I cancelled the direct debit to my Advance Loan. At the time of writing there is still an outstanding balance on your account. He has very kindly enclosed a new direct debit mandate.

My reply.
    Dear Mr Mike Gamble,
    You are correct, I have cancelled the direct debit to Barclays Bank PLC.
    I thank you for your letter, however there are some serious issues with this disputed account.
    I understand that Barclays have agreed to repay interest on many accounts since 2008 as they failed to comply with regulations, in my case I would now expect a refund of all interest paid during this period as you have failed to send statements in accordance with regulations showing the original loan amount and balance outstanding.
    My copy of the regulated agreement clearly states ("the loan") I look forward to the refund!
    On a more serious matter now, the copy of the agreement clearly states.
    Monthly Interest Rate 0.952% Current APR 11.9%
    I enclose calculations. A monthly rate of 0.952% equals an APR of 12.04% not 11.9%
    you also state on my monthly bill an Annual rate of 11.425%
    An APR of 11.90% equals a monthly rate of 0.9414% and an Annual rate of 11.3%
    I would have expected a bank to get their sums right. Please arrange for a refund of the sum overcharged at the same compound interest rates that you charged me.
    Can you please investigate this discrepancy and refund the correct amount?
    Yours sincerely,
    Enforcer.

Comment

Received monthly account statement today.
      You have failed to make a minimum payment.
      Failing to make your minimum payment can mean that you have broken the terms of this credit agreement and could result in us taking legal action against you. It could lead to you having to pay additional costs and make it more difficult for you to obtain credit in the future.

Ok, fine by me. Send me a compliant copy of my agreement, don't think this will make it any more difficult to obtain credit, already trashed. Let's wait and see what they say about getting their sums wrong!
      Can imagine the headlines. The Bank that cannot work out interest rates.

Comment

Good luck matey
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

It has now been a month since I sent my letter to Mike Gamble Head of Consumer Lending Operations. No reply yet, no phone calls no nothing!
          Surely had time to do his sums by now.

Comment

silence is golden............................................ ......

Comment

I did not get my usual monthly statement for this account. Received Advance Loan - Arrears Notice
              This Arrears Notice is given in compliance with the Consumer Credit Act 1974 because you are behind with your payments.
              If you have not already agreed a repayment plan and are having trouble making your payments, please call us to discuss your account further.

Your Transactions.
              Arrears Balance Carried Forward: 0.00
              14 Nov 2013 Minimum Monthly Payment Due 67.39
              14 Dec 2013 Minimum Monthly Payment Due 68.03

Net arrears for this period: 135.42
              16 Dec 2013 Total Arrears Outstanding 135.42

This is not a demand for immediate payment if we have already reached a repayment arrangement with you. If an arrangement has been made this will cover the arrears in this notice and you need not contact us.
              If we have not agreed a repayment arrangement then please contact us immediately to arrange repayment of the quoted arrears.

enclosed a copy of OFT Arrears sheet.

Comment

Still waiting for them to reply to my letter requesting repayment of interest charged since 2008. And an explanation of their miscalculation of interest rates.

Also find it strange that their letter does not show a balance of arrears carried forward of 67.39

Do I need to reply, or just file for now?

Comment

Gets even more confusing. Today I received an Advance monthly statement. Letter a few days ago said 16 Dec 2013 Total Arrears outstanding £135.42
                  The one today is asking for a payment due on 14th January of £68.69 by direct debit.
                  Note that they have added interest of £22.00.

Still no reply from my letter regarding calculation of interest rates or refund of interest since 2008. No phone calls from Mercers either. Should I send a reminder or let it rest for now?

Comment

Phone call yesterday from a very pleasant young man, Simon, from Barclays Bank. Noticed that I have missed several payments and asked If they could help me??? Explained that I had written to Mike Gamble regarding their error in calculating interest rates. They also need to refund me 4 years worth of interest for not sending annual statements, and that I had also written to them explaining why they did not comply with my CCA request. No reply to my letters yet.
                    Says he can not deal with these problems but will send a e mail to my Barclays Business Manager.

Should I send copies of my letters to Business Manager, or wait?

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                      Still waiting for them to reply to my letter requesting repayment of interest charged since 2008. And an explanation of their miscalculation of interest rates.

Also find it strange that their letter does not show a balance of arrears carried forward of 67.39

Do I need to reply, or just file for now?
                      I'd chase them mate - obviously this affects things

Maybe send a reminder letter....??
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                        Phone call yesterday from a very pleasant young man, Simon, from Barclays Bank. Noticed that I have missed several payments and asked If they could help me??? Explained that I had written to Mike Gamble regarding their error in calculating interest rates. They also need to refund me 4 years worth of interest for not sending annual statements, and that I had also written to them explaining why they did not comply with my CCA request. No reply to my letters yet.
                        Says he can not deal with these problems but will send a e mail to my Barclays Business Manager.

Should I send copies of my letters to Business Manager, or wait?
                        in light of this post, it might be best to chase the business manager yourself......

Comment

Thanks, will send copies to him.

Comment

Printed out copies of my letter to Mike Gamble National Retail Manager & letter to Ms Maria Cooper Operations Manager dated 16th November & 19th November. Ready to write a letter to Business Manager. Then the phone rang 5.30. Barclays collections department. Now I know that we say do not talk to them, BUT, when you are in my position and 100% confident that everything is UE, well, why not talk to the poor sods, only doing a job after all! I explained my position, read out both letters to him, asked him to check his screen to see if any replies had been logged, told me that he does not have access to that type of information. I then said that I would not be paying anything as the account is in serious dispute and I am awaiting replies. I am then told, that these are very important people and cannot be expected to reply to letters from customers. I hung up! Couldn't believe it!

Comment

LOL you couldnt make it up if you tried.
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

So another phone call yesterday, very polite lady calling from a Birmingham number, told her that I need an address to write to regarding the problems with this account. Not interested in letters, account is overdue and needs paying, told me that they had written to me on the 9th, sorry, not got that letter yet.

Today another phone call, pleasant young lad calling about a personal matter, so, I said you lot are keen, call last Tuesday Saturday Yesterday and now, straight away I gave him the first line of my address and date of birth. He then told me that he could not continue the call, WHY? I had answered the questions before he had asked them, yes, but that was what you were going to ask! Doesn't work like that, will have to end this call.
                                Never got any further, weird.

Comment

Working...
                                X