GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclays Advance Account - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclays Advance Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclays Advance Account

Sent a letter to Barclays Collections, requesting that they put all collection activity on hold, until they reply to my letters to Mike Gamble and Ms Maria Cooper. Advised them that the letter regarding interest rates is very serious and needs a reply. The letter to Ms Cooper is telling her,why, she has not complied with my S78 request. Advised that I need replies so that I can have final response to take matters forward to FCA and FOS. Will now wait.

Comment

Another call today. Bloke on the phone asked me what type of loan account is it, a select?Told him he was chasing an advance account that is quite clearly in dispute. Found my letters to them on the system, told me that if I do not pay, they will issue a default which will affect my credit rating, close my account, and pass it to Debt Collectors, I asked if that would be mergers, yes! He asked if I had a current account with Barclays, told him I do, but you do not have a right of set off against this account as it is not in your terms and conditions. Then tells me he cannot find a current account on the system. Will call back at 6 o'clock, for my sort code and account number. Can call back but am not giving that sort of info out over the phone.
      Suggestions?

Comment

My suggestion would be to open another bank account fast and shut the Barclays one down and then tell them to jog on... lol

We are all opening Co-Op Cash Minder accounts and cant believe how fast they do it and how simple it is... plus.. no overdraft! Which for people like us is a a must lmao

Comment

5.59 pm phone rings, hi Rob from Barclays etc, security ok. Thanks for calling me back, have you looked at the agreement and interest rates? Sorry, have you already spoken to someone? Yes, they promised to investigate my complaint and ring back at 6 pm. This confused poor Rob. Looks on screen and then says I will put you through to the Barclays Select Account team. Sorry Rob my account is an Advance one. Select is a type of revolving credit, the same as the Advance account. No, mine states that it is an Advance Loan Account. Tries to put me through somewhere an then disconnects!
          No further forward with this disputed account.

Comment

Thanks for your comments Patchouli. I really don't want them to close my account. What I want, is for one of their muppet's to press the button using the Banks right of set off! Had I played the game correctly last time, I could have sorted Barclays using their "illegal right of set off". On this account, there is no right of set off in the terms and conditions. Dealt with FOS last time, know how it works now. I really need to stop this outrageous practice. Only needs one case. They don't frighten me any more!

Comment

Loving the revitalised Enforcer. Go get em mate
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Call this morning from collections.Will now pass this on as a formal complaint. Will get written confirmation within next 5days. Collection activity on hold. But, I should continue making payments???

Comment

This is a new one for me. Text message from Barclays.

Thanks for contacting us. We have received your complaint & will contact you shortly. Track progress with reference A----- at www.barclays.co.uk/trackit

Looks like one of the new apps they have introduced to replace real people.

Comment

Phone call from Simon who is a customer relationship manager from Barclays. Tells me that he looked at my complaint. Regarding the refund of 4 years interest on loans due to non compliance with regulations, mine is not one of them! Barclays have identified the problem and refunded those accounts.
                    Now with my complaint over incorrect interest being charged, Barclays calculate interest to 6 digits, he has checked my agreement and confirms that it has not been varied. (That's good, because there is no right of set off). He tells me that their calculations are correct as it depends on when you charge interest to the account! Now, as I have said before, Barclays will do anything to deceive and mislead you, bigger liars than Cracker Dan!

Do we have any mathematicians on the forum? My agreement states, an APR of 11.9% a monthly rate of 0.952% yet Barclays are charging an annual rate of 11.425%. I have used online calculators and these figures do not match. Anyone good at sums who can help?

Comment

Now getting really pissed off with twice a day phone call from Barclays. How many times do I have to tell them that I am NOT paying them? Once again threatening to close my current account. Have phoned Co op for an application form for cash minder account, hope that I will get accepted. Barclays seem determined to disrupt my life!

This time I am following advice from you guys & galls. Got in first with S78 request, believe that I would have won with the Ombudsman last time had I done this. Luckily there is no "legal right of set off" in the terms and conditions for this account. Barclays will get a £550 charge if they attempt it this time.

Comment

Send telephone harassment letter
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by patchouli View Post
                          My suggestion would be to open another bank account fast and shut the Barclays one down and then tell them to jog on... lol

We are all opening Co-Op Cash Minder accounts and cant believe how fast they do it and how simple it is... plus.. no overdraft! Which for people like us is a a must lmao
                          60 mile round trip today taking documents to my nearest Co op Bank. Will hopefully have Cash Minder account soon.

Comment

Co-op cash minder account now opened. No reply to any of my letter, usual response, we will reply by, then, we will reply by, then, we will reply by. Obviously don't want to put anything In writing. 5 months of non payment phone calls on hold pending reply.

Comment

Letter from Barclays debt collections, account overdue, next letter will be a default notice.
                              They have not replied to any of my letters yet.last one was we will aim to reply by 27th March. Obviously do not want to put anything in writing.

Comment

Another statement from them, still adding interest. No default notice yet. Then letter dated 26th March About your complaint. An update for you.
                                As we promised, we want to keep you regularly updated about what's happening with your complaint. We're sorry we don't have a final answer for you yet but expect to provide this by 23 April 2014.
                                Your complaint is still being investigated but we'd like to assure you we're trying to get you an answer quickly.
                                You now have the right to contact the Ombudsman.

My query is, do I really want to go to the Ombudsman at this stage? All that I want is for a named person to write to me, saying that they have checked the interest rate charged to my account. I still believe that for all these years they have charged an APR of 12.04% not 11.9% as stated.

Should I just wait, if account is sold on, send SWID letters. If Barclays cannot give me an answer after all these months, what chance has a debt collector got!

Comment

Working...
                                X