GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclays Advance Account - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclays Advance Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclays Advance Account

absolutely not.

they are useless in cases like this.

so you gained £100 and it looks like they have nothing in the way of paperwork

don't phone them Enforcer, everything in writing, everything in writing.

sometimes this is all you get and then it's the long haul to SB, no correspondence is better than a pile of stuff from Northampton

I think they may punt this now and then we'll deal

meanwhile I would try to stick to Niddy's well worn path, it works

if you feel you need to send something, I would send this http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...o-cca-received don't footer with it other than dates and names. it's a really effective tool.

Comment

Letter from Barclays Recoveries. DO NOT IGNORE THIS LETTER We have attempted to contact you previously to advise what will happen if your account remains unpaid.
      As we have still not received payment of the outstanding balance of your account, we are taking steps to place your debt in the hands of an external Debt Collection Agency.

They have still not provided a compliant CCA nor have they replied to my dispute of incorrect interest charges. Will wait for new DCA and respond with SWID.

Comment

You'll play some more letter tennis with various external DCAs, then my guess is Barclaycard will sell you to Marlin or MKDP where the whole cycle will start again.

Comment

That could be fun. Marlin have us Lloyds account, mkdp have us barclaycard.used to dealing with them.

Comment

Letter headed FINAL NOTICE.
            Despite numerous attempts to agree a suitable arrangement with you regards to the above debt, we have been unsuccessful in agreeing a suitable repayment solution. As previously advised, we are preparing to send details of your outstanding account to an external Debt Collection Agency. Before doing so, we would like to offer you the opportunity to agree a reduced lump sum for early settlement to clear your debt.

To take advantage of this you must contact us within 48 hours of receipt of this letter.

In order to prevent the possibility of your account being passed to an external Debt Collection Agency without further reference to you, you must respond to this letter within the timescale indicated above.

Sorry, don't think so!

Comment

Letter from Barclays received today.

Dear Enforcer,
              The responsibility for collecting the debt owing on your account has now been transferred to:

BCW 24 George Square Glasgow G2 1EG

You should contact BCW as a matter of urgency on: 0844 472 3950 Email: general@bcwgroup.com

We will no longer accept any further communication from you. It is essential that in all communication you quote the Barclays or BCW reference number.

YOU MUST NOW MAKE FULL PAYMENT OF THE OUTSTANDING BALANCE TO BCW QUOTING THE REFERENCE NUMBER SHOWN ABOVE.

Unusual this, Barclays passing to Buchanon Clarke & Wells. Doesn't say whether they have sold it or not.

Will wait until they contact me.

Comment

They did contact me, I spoke to them and referred them to the letter that I had sent to them once advised that they had this account. I pointed out that this "agreement" is unenforceable on 3 seperate issues.
                Today received letter.

Here at Buchanan Clark and Wells we are committed to providing the best solution for all our customers. With this in mind, I am able to offer you an opportunity to clear the outstanding balance at a discounted rate of 40%, requiring you to pay £1,493.45 in full and settlement of your account. Blah Blah.

Does not say full And final!
                Not paying anything!

Must be desperate. UNENFORCEABLE and staying that way.

Will write back to them later in the week.

Comment

Letter from Buchanan Clark & Wells 16th Jan.
                  Thank you for your recent letter, we appreciate that you have taken the time to contact us.

At this stage we are unable to provide you with an immediate response as we need time to investigate the matter, however, we have placed the account on hold to ensure you receive no further contact until we feel we have conclude the matter for you.

We aim to send you a final response within four weeks, however if this is not possible we will write to you to let you know when you can expect a final response.

Comment

Another letter from BCW exactly the same as previous. Still looking!

Comment

Letter today, BCW act in good faith, they were not aware of dispute with Barclays, referred the issues raised back to client for consideration. Client is aware of concerns and investigating. On hold. Long may it continue!

Comment

Excellent
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Now been passed to PRA Group. Phoned at home on a Bank Holiday, told them account in dispute, please write to me with contact details, still waiting for compliant reply to S78 request. They have written to me, letter dated today! Told operative that as soon as I receive their letter, I will send copies of correspondence between myself and Barclays and BCW group. Account on hold until they contact Barclays for copy of agreement!

Comment

I have been going through the paperwork, ready to send copies of letters to new DCA. However I have noticed a few "problems". Statement of account August 2014 £2469.---
                            Notice of Default August 2014. September 2014 Statement £2469.---.Do not ignore this letter October 2014 Outstanding Balance £2489.--- . Final notice October 2014 Outstanding Balance £2489.----. Passed to DCA December 2014 asking for £2489.-- All monthly statements since then till May 2015 Outstanding balance £2469.---.

It looks as if Barclays have given DCA the wrong figure to collect. The outstanding balance has always been £2469.--- . Should I tell them? NO! Lets see what next DCA is asked to collect. They could have a problem here.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                              I have been going through the paperwork, ready to send copies of letters to new DCA. However I have noticed a few "problems". Statement of account August 2014 £2469.---
                              Notice of Default August 2014. September 2014 Statement £2469.---.Do not ignore this letter October 2014 Outstanding Balance £2489.--- . Final notice October 2014 Outstanding Balance £2489.----. Passed to DCA December 2014 asking for £2489.-- All monthly statements since then till May 2015 Outstanding balance £2469.---.

It looks as if Barclays have given DCA the wrong figure to collect. The outstanding balance has always been £2469.--- . Should I tell them? NO! Lets see what next DCA is asked to collect. They could have a problem here.
                              not for £20 mate.

Just do the necessary and don't get drawn into de minimis arguments (which won't win in court)
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Letter from PRA today. Final Response. Complaint Summary. blah blah. Upon investigating your complaint we found the complaint points made are in relation to our client, Barclays Bank. As a result of this we are unable to investigate your complaint any further however we have forward your complaint to Barclays Bank in order for them to look into the matter for you.

Problem is, Barclays have not replied to me previously and stated in writing that they would no longer correspond with me.
                                details: assigned wrong sum for alleged debt. Have not fully complied with CCA request. Have charged the wrong rate of interest.

A waiting game!

Comment

Working...
                                X