GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclays Advance Account - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclays Advance Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclays Advance Account

Just incase - not sure if this helps, but here are the executive emails for Barclay's - valerie.soranno-keating@barclays.com antony.jenkins@barclays.com lawrence.dickinson@barclays.com bob.cliff@barclays.com

Massive good luck to you. I'm fighting barclaycard, but mine isn't UE we don't think. CCA should be here soon. Let's hope Niddy can find something that makes it UE.

TibetanMonk
    On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

No point in me sending e mails, Barclays system blocks me, server says recipient does not like sender, gave up after last dispute.

Comment

Despite the text message to say that my dispute has been resolved, they have not phoned me, nor have I had any written communication. I feel like writing to them, but perhaps should sit tight, any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
          I feel like writing to them, but perhaps should sit tight, any suggestions?
          If you're main objective is to get to SB without any court proceedings then you should stifle your curiosity and keep schtum for now

Comment

Thinks you are right!

Comment

Just received a "NOTICE OF DEFAULT dated 15 August 2014 for this account, Served under Section 87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. They are asking me to repay the arrears of £703.40 in full, or contact the bank and obtain it's agreement as to how the arrears will be paid. To remedy the breach you are required to take action on or before 12/09/14.
              If you do NOT take the action required by this notice BEFORE THE DATE SHOWN then the further action set out below may be taken against you or a surety.

1. With effect from the date shown above this Notice will terminate the Agreement and demand immediate repayment of the full amount outstanding which is £2,465.16. Daily interest charges of £0.77 will continue to accrue (assuming no change in the interest rate) from the date shown until full repayment is made.
              2. The Bank may take steps to enforce any security specified in the Agreement.
              3. If you have other borrowing facilities with the Bank some or all of them may be terminated.
              4. Credit balances on any of your accounts with the Bank may be applied towards discharge of your borrowing and some or all of your accounts may be combined.
              5. Court proceedings to recover monies owing to the Bank may be taken against you in due course.
              6. The Bank will register details of your account with credit reference agencies and may transfer responsibility for recovery of the debt to one of its recovery units or agents with a view to taking action for repayment.
              7. Not earlier than 28 days after the issue of this Notice, the Bank intends to register details of the Default on your account with credit reference agencies.

Comment

Question regarding termination of account. Are they allowed to charge interest on a terminated account? Regarding their right of set off. They don't have this right! They have consistently referred to this as a Loan Account, Barclays T&C state This agreement doesn't cover the following products and services because they have completely separate terms and conditions: loans. Changed T&C after my last run in with them over right of set off.
                The T&C of the Advance account with (mis sold) payment protection, do not include any right of set off. I have already advised them of this, but will write again.
                Can see another FOS complaint coming on if they do try to use right of set off!

Comment

I didn't they could charge interest on a terminated account but, as you're not paying it, it doesn't make much difference!
                  Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Looks like they can continue charging interest as it is in the Terms & Conditions. FOS would rule in their favour on this.
                    13. General
                    13.3 Interest will continue to be charged both before and after any judgement.

However as this is UE, makes no difference.

Comment

Had enough of Barclays. Darling wife finally gave in and gave me the money to clear overdraft. Now gone down the route of 7 day transfer to Co-op cashminder account. I would have liked to see if they were going to try and use ROSO and fight through FOS. But really cannot afford money or time and effort!

Comment

Received statement from Barclays regarding account transfer to Co-op. I thought that the balance was 0 but sky direct debit went through just before transfer. Balance on 19th Sept £43.13 overdrawn. Went into Branch Sat am and paid in £50 cash to clear it. Lady on counter informs me that the overdrawn balance will be higher as 75p a day overdraft charges and charges from previous month yet to be added. So later on paid another £50 cash to ensure account is cleared.
                        Friday 26th Sept. Another statement, showing YES. £43.13 overdrawn, and 2 payments of £50 transferred to new Co-op current account. Spent 20 minutes on the phone, then paid £43.13 by debit card to sort out balance. Told I would have to wait for next statement to clear charges.
                        I have tried to clear my account twice without success. Lets see what happens to the latest payment!

Comment

Know how that feels have the same problem with natwest. Overpay to clear overdrawn charges and balance and following month a new set of charges
                          Really winds me up
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ok statement again today, as I said spent ages on phone, then Barclays agreed to a payment of £43.13 by debit card to clear the overdraft. Another letter today. 26th Sept. Money in £43.13 Money out £43.13. Still overdrawn by £43.13. WTF is going on with them. I now expect to be charged for being overdrawn! Need to sort them out.

Comment

Had a phone call on Monday from Barclays collections. Very pleasant young lady, explained that they had not complied with cca request, sent text message 27th July but no letter etc. She said that her system told her that the last letter dated 5th Sept confirmed response. Gave me a phone number. Called and asked for copy letters. Today received copies. Never received originals. %th Sept. About your complaint. Your request for further investigation.
                              We're sorry that you're not happy with our final decision about your complaint. However, because no new information has come to light, there isn't any further investigation we an do that would bring us to a different conclusion. This means that the answers we gave you in our final response letter still stand. We have enclosed a copy of the Final Response Letter sent to you on 22 July 2014.
                              I never received the Final Response Letter, and cannot understand this response, how have I queried a letter that I never received?

Comment

Now I move to the letter dated 23rd July which I have just received a copy of. About your complaint. Our Final response. Load of bullshit! Absolute rubbish. But.
                                Our proposed course of action.
                                We recognise you have been inconvenienced due to the delay in responding to your complaint. We would like to compensate you with £100.00. This will appear on your statement as "With our Apologies".
                                I did see this on my statement and wondered what it was. Assumed it was a mistaken payment that would be reversed.
                                Niddy has seen what they sent as a reconstituted agreement, totally UE. They thank me for my application that has been accepted. I have simply asked them for a copy of my application, nothing forthcoming.

Thanks for the £100.00 Barclays. Still awaiting a compliant CCA.

They say I can go to the Ombudsman. Anyone think that I should bother?

Comment

Working...
                                X