GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 1st Credit Threat - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Credit Threat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1st Credit Threat | HBOS Mass Assignment

I've just sent 1st Credit the link to this thread as they were referring to Blue Stars earlier so you may see them viewing this thread (ie now). Don't worry. I allow them access as they do work with us, as various users will testify.

1st Credit may be a tough DCA but the contact we have seems to want to get their issues resolved and doesn't like this bad publicity so he tries to resolve things for us. In essence it's doing you a favour believe it or not.

As I say, email me if you want to add your account to the batch defence I'll send over later. Most of you have similar cases as is evident from your diaries so it's easy enough to counter argue.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Brilliant - and yes, "bad publicity" that could ultimately lead to a massive fine or even the loss of the ability to trade commercially (as threatened in 2009 by OFT) is worth any company seriously considering 'before' undertaking any additional activity against consumers I should say.

Comment

It is also a risk 1st Credit take. When they buy the debts, they know there are big issues with them. Maybe they should press HBOS for a clearer outline of each account before they part with their money.

Comment

Trouble is that HBOS know full well about all the numerous issues with what they sell on. As many HBOS victims here will know you will get a shed load of DCAs chasing (and subsequently closing)an account before the bank flogs it on.

I recall taking several DCAs to court over their aggressive pursuit tactics on HBOS accounts. One judge actually said to us - you should be chasing HBOS themselves here and not the DCAs as they are your real target...

Comment

Right guys lets stay on track please.

Email me if you want me to look at this for you.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

OK guys - a swift recap here...

I just received a large package from 1st Credit with over 70 bank statements in it but 'no' agreement...they also included a template saying to contact them to discuss the account upon receipt of the statements...

I suppose then I just wait (how long?) to see 'if' they next come up with an agreement eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Batman View Post
                I suppose then I just wait (how long?) to see 'if' they next come up with an agreement eh?
                I would reply with a one liner saying, please see attached an additional copy of my lawful s.78 request. Sending statements is only one part of the request, until such time you fully comply by sending the agreement and associated terms this account is unenforceable in line with s.127 of CCA1974.

And attach a copy of the original CCA Request you recently sent off

Comment

Ah Cheers mate - totally appreciated will sort it pronto.....and its all going via recorded delivery too ha ha

Best wishes

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    I would reply with a one liner saying, please see attached an additional copy of my lawful s.78 request. Sending statements is only one part of the request, until such time you fully comply by sending the agreement and associated terms this account is unenforceable in line with s.127 of CCA1974.

And attach a copy of the original CCA Request you recently sent off
                    Unenforceable, yes, but what has s127 got to do with a s78 request ?

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                      Unenforceable, yes, but what has s127 got to do with a s78 request ?

M1
                      they have not complied with s.78 and s.127(3) protects against enforcement under 65(1).

Comment

Thanks Niddy - the letter then stays as it is, and I save on printing ink lol

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          they have not complied with s.78 and s.127(3) protects against enforcement under 65(1).
                          Consumer Credit Act 1974

65 Consequences of improper execution.
                          (1)An improperly-executed regulated agreement is enforceable against the debtor or hirer on an order of the court only.

The Consumer Credit Act 1974 - John Antell - Barrister

127 (3) The court shall not make an enforcement order under section 65(1) if section 61(1)(a) (signing of agreements) was not complied with unless a document (whether or not in the prescribed form and complying with regulations under section 60(1)) itself containing all the prescribed terms of the agreement was signed by the debtor or hirer (whether or not in the prescribed manner).

How does this s78 response (statements only) affect s65 & s127 ?

Under s78 (6) Consumer Credit Act 1974

(6)If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)—
                          (a)he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement

Unenforceable via s78 is curable. Unenforcability via s127(3) & s127(4) is "irredeemable unenforceable" which is quite a stark difference.

How does a temporary failure of s78 bring in an irredeemable failure via s127 ?

I understand that a temporary s78 failure is not guaranteed to be fixed but that is a gamble.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                            I understand that a temporary s78 failure is not guaranteed to be fixed but that is a gamble.

M1
                            which is what we do here..... court being the last resort.

Comment

Yeeekkks pulling me hair out now guys with you two ...

So is my letter with the following OK???

Post office shuts in an hour...lol

Comment

Change 127 for 78 IMO or don't say which section.

M1

Comment

Working...
                                X