GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 1st Credit Threat - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Credit Threat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1st Credit Threat | HBOS Mass Assignment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
    I can.................

show off

now tell us how to see it or else we will throw a tantrum

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
      show off

now tell us how to see it or else we will throw a tantrum
      its in a protected area, thats the problem and why you cannot see it

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
        Me neither
        You can now - check your PM's for password
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
          can't read it , it needs a password and won't accept mine
          Likewise, you can now - check your PM's.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
            If anyone wants to enjoy seeing PlanB fall apart under pressure from a SD you can read the thread.It was probably the worst eleven days of my life It's also a prime example of Team Niddy in action

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ead.php?t=2886
            Haha - look at the post-linking now! No stopping you

But this must be a post that needs framing

Originally posted by PlanB
            What a nice post. Will you marry me? I'm not going to be worth much apparently

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
              If anyone wants to enjoy seeing PlanB fall apart under pressure from a SD you can read the thread.It was probably the worst eleven days of my life It's also a prime example of Team Niddy in action
              Well after picking myself up off the floor after a visit by 3 chaps in white coats who were called to take me away as I could not stop laughing, they then learnt that I had read that thread, they decided to read it, guess what 5 chaps came and took them away as they went mad with laughing.

Got a feeling I will get a P.M. with a bomb in it soon from Plan B lol.
              Last edited by Flowerpower; 3 September 2012, 09:52. Reason: Fixed quote :)
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I see our member "1st Credit" is currently reading this thread

Comment

Received a polite [believe it or not] letter saying they are passing my first letter to the right department.....

Watch this space, I dare say my CCA request will land shortly.

I see our member "1st Credit" is currently reading this thread
                  Would they really call themselves that? Is it a spy?

Comment

1st Credit have my permission to view open threads in the hope they try and resolve the issues. We have a good working relationship with them when it involves you guys.

They cannot view the protected and secure sections mind you. In saying that I've since had an email from contact (head of compliance) - he's not happy about these threads being up. I've suggested they recourse the debts back to OC.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      They cannot view the protected and secure sections mind you. In saying that I've since had an email from contact (head of compliance) - he's not happy about these threads being up. I've suggested they recourse the debts back to OC.

Is it true that some DOAs incorporate a 6 month window for the debt purchaser to return 'defective goods' This would make it easy for 1st Credit to return accounts where the OC (HBOS) or 1st Credit have not complied with any s.78 CCA request

The other option would be for 1st Credit to revise its debt collection methods in regards to the use of BR threats and issuing random SDs while a s.78 request is outstanding

Comment

In saying that I've since had an email from contact (head of compliance) - he's not happy about these threads being up. I've suggested they recourse the debts back to OC.
                        Absolutely, if he is so 'unhappy' about the 'honesty' behind AAD threats (can anyone claim otherwise?)concerning his company then perhaps he should 'not' be purchasing thousands of highly problematic debts that have serious and unresolved disputes attached to them in the first place.
                        Or alternatively, does he think all the posters on here are suffering with over-active imaginations or expressing falsehoods in some way?

Perhaps someone should ask him why he takes the stance that he does and ask him why his company continues to issue unwise legal threats subsequent to 1st Credit being imposed with OFT requirements over their debt collection practices on 25 February 2009?

http://www.oft.gov.uk/news-and-updates/press/2009/20-09

Just a passing thought or two.....

Comment

Like everything Batman, it's a numbers game.

If they purchase £10m of debt for £1m, if they get a result on 40%, they have made a £3m profit.

It is worth it to them to just press all debts as hard as they can.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            - he's not happy about these threads being up.
                            If he wants to stick his head out of the window at 12.30, and listen VERY carefully, I am sure he will be able to hear the worlds smallest violin playing.
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes Vint, it's a 'numbers game' and works like you say...

Trouble is that the ordinary person, who is simply stating the truth about the problematic status of the account, gets crushed in the DCA rush to press everyone on their list into the wall to pull out results......

I would suggest that he will be even less happy if OFT take a certain official interest in all this...
                              Last edited by Batman; 3 September 2012, 11:05.

Comment

Batman

I did mention you in my latest email as I'd already dealt with your cases before. This OFT thing is from 2009. Problem a lot of people have is they don't understand the oft sanctions. 1st credit were warned about issuing threats they did not intend on carrying out. They now claim these threats are real hence in their view they are complying with oft because they do plan on issuing BR proceedings.

Thing is let them. That's when we get involved. They really don't want that - so let them issue their threats but I've already picked up on their flaws; starting with the defective NoA going onto an immediate threat of formal action which is a breach of oft debt collection guidelines. As you can see, it's getting the actual claim tallied with the fault/breach against legislative guidance that I fight with.

Anyway moving forward. If anyone wants me to directly take over your 1st Credit case and deal with my contact in the hope of full recourse to the OC (HBOS) send me a message and I'll fight all of the cases at once with them. Let's see if we can get 1st Credit to return the accounts back to HBOS which is the easiest option all round really.

Anyone interested needs to email me ASAP with a copy of their 1st Credit threat attached to the email and also their forum username. I'll then go back to 1st and fight it for you.

Niddy :niddy

Comment

Working...
                                X