GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Avco Trust ppi - claim from who ? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avco Trust ppi - claim from who ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Avco Trust ppi - claim from who ?

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
    Phoned today. 1st call same as last week. Saw a different number on an old letter and they found the letter.

It's already under investigation by his team leader and they will contact us when it's resolved. Hopefully that means it consists of more than a piss off letter which i assume we'd have had already.

8 weeks is next Tuesday so we can file with FOS if no word.

M1

Glad you managed to find another tel number, good one!

And good luck with this.

Comment

Thought i'd phone Citi/Avco/Engage/blahblahblah today to see what they were saying.

"It's with the FOS so there's nothing we can do"

Astonished. If they wanted to concede and payout they're telling me they couldn't ? Bullshit.

M1

Comment

Hi M1

Any update here....?

I notice another thread regards this shower of....

--> Citi (Avco Trust/Associates) PPI - allaboutFORUMS
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Waiting on FOS.

If there is an update this year i'll be surprised.

M1

Comment

Hi did you manage to get things sorted with Citi/Avco? I am going through something smiler and getting the same responses you were getting

Comment

Originally posted by lserrant View Post
              Hi did you manage to get things sorted with Citi/Avco? I am going through something smiler and getting the same responses you were getting
              Funnily enough, it was refused this week. Will post more this weekend.

M1

Comment

What....!!!!!!!

Refused?
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yes do let us know, so we can help further, cheers x

Comment

Last edited by mystery1; 15 February 2014, 12:07. Reason: Deleted page which had little on it.

Comment

Okay now its to the underwriter, it maybe quicker to do this yourself first and its highly likely the underwriter was fsa regulated due to insurance dealing etc....

I can try helping with this by sending them a letter directly to the underwriter as the FOS can take a VERY long time when it comes to these types, let me know x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                        Okay now its to the underwriter, it maybe quicker to do this yourself first and its highly likely the underwriter was fsa regulated due to insurance dealing etc....

I can try helping with this by sending them a letter directly to the underwriter as the FOS can take a VERY long time when it comes to these types, let me know x

Sounds good to me. The insurer seems to be out of business but i guess either a regulator or CCA s75 could play a part ?

Thanks

M1

Comment

Yes indeed, but I note you said about the insurer/underwriter seems to be out of business, but what usually happens is that another will take over the liability, because there will be some with ongoing mortgages, was there any mention of any other business from the FOS?

I note they said Norton, will go back a page now to check x

Comment

Right then, let me just get this right lol.

They are saying that Norton brokered the finance with the PPI, then they forwarded your application once completed and finalised to Future mortgages (Citi) who you repay the mortgage to, who was the lender.
                            Usually this is standard procedure, but if you were to make a claim for example for unemployment/Sickness etc there should also be a underwriter, for example Aviva, is there no mention on another part of the letter about this?

Comment

Nothing.

M1

Comment

Do you still have the application (copy) or any paperwork that was sent to you once the application was completed by any chance?

If so check for any details of the Insurer (Underwriter) in the terms and conds part of it I believe, details should be enclosed on that part of the paperwork x

Comment

Working...
                                X