GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Black Horse PPI - one for Di I reckon :-) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Horse PPI - one for Di I reckon :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Black Horse PPI - one for Di I reckon :-)

Hi Di, Happy New Year to you.

No not yet because I sent the exact same letter to Prudential too, I will wait until I get a reply from them first.

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
      Hi Di, Happy New Year to you.

No not yet because I sent the exact same letter to Prudential too, I will wait until I get a reply from them first.

Happy New Year!

No probs, and the best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
        Happy New Year!

No probs, and the best of luck
        Oh Di - please change, that poor man of yours must be exhausted .. . I bet you got the telly though

Comment

Oh Di - please change, that poor man of yours must be exhausted .. . I bet you got the telly though
          PMSL, I was just actually thinking it's about time to change it , nope no new tv yet, love my son's smart tv though it's fab, I will get mine eventually - I shall make sure of that lol

Comment

PMSL, I was just actually thinking it's about time to change it , nope no new tv yet, love my son's smart tv though it's fab, I will get mine eventually - I shall make sure of that lol
            Good on you Di, leave him enough strength to make steel though eh?

Comment

LOL, and changed

Comment

LOL, and changed
                Lol yeah, not really a whole lot better - poor Mr Di

Comment

Lol yeah, not really a whole lot better - poor Mr Di

Yeah

Comment

Another update on this:

So far, Blackhorse deny responsibility based on dates etc. Lots of letters to and fro so I am going after the underwriters, Prudential and LTSB General Insurance.
                    Letters sent to LTSB General Insurance but the reply came back from Blackhorse saying its been dealt with and to bugger off, this was not from LTSB General Insurance.

Same letter sent to Prudential but had a letter back yesterday denying anything at all and saying that they never underwrote any PPI policies at all, I have the original policy document showing jointly underwritten by LTSB General Insurance and Prudential.

I have written back to Blackhorse and said that this is now nothing to do with them and it is now a matter for LTSB Insurance, if they fail to pass my compliant to the insurers I am going to FOS, given them 2 weeks as its gone on far too long now.

Right so, do I send what I have (Copy of the policy with their name as underwriters on it) to Prudential and give them a chance to deny responsibility after seeing the policy or do I simply go to FOS with everything I have?

Oh I spoke to FOS and they have told me if you can prove a link between the company who supplied the finance and the underwriters then you are clear to chase the underwriters where the finance company deny responsiblity - that puts paid to any dealings with the FLA (toothless bastards).

Comment

Another update on this:

So far, Blackhorse deny responsibility based on dates etc. Lots of letters to and fro so I am going after the underwriters, Prudential and LTSB General Insurance.
                      Letters sent to LTSB General Insurance but the reply came back from Blackhorse saying its been dealt with and to bugger off, this was not from LTSB General Insurance.

Same letter sent to Prudential but had a letter back yesterday denying anything at all and saying that they never underwrote any PPI policies at all, I have the original policy document showing jointly underwritten by LTSB General Insurance and Prudential.

I have written back to Blackhorse and said that this is now nothing to do with them and it is now a matter for LTSB Insurance, if they fail to pass my compliant to the insurers I am going to FOS, given them 2 weeks as its gone on far too long now.

Right so, do I send what I have (Copy of the policy with their name as underwriters on it) to Prudential and give them a chance to deny responsibility after seeing the policy or do I simply go to FOS with everything I have?

Oh I spoke to FOS and they have told me if you can prove a link between the company who supplied the finance and the underwriters then you are clear to chase the underwriters where the finance company deny responsiblity - that puts paid to any dealings with the FLA (toothless bastards).
                      Vossy
                      So sorry for my delay in responding.

I believe you are right in continuing with this company (insurers) and yes do send them anything you have in copies, and highlight them as well.
                      They are trying to get out of it, but they did have a liability on the insurance of when it was sold to you, even if it was not directly sold by them, as an underwriter/insurer they had a responsibility to ensure it was sold correctly to you and that it suited all your requirements and so.

Keep at them, fingers crossed this time round will do the trick.

Comment

Cheers Di,

Thought so too.

Poor Mr.Di

Comment

Cheers Di,

Thought so too.

Poor Mr.Di
                          LOL

Keep at them Vossy

Comment

Letter away today pointing out the error of their ways, I will just have to wait and see what comes back, I have however explained that I will not get into any arguments and if they refuse my claim I will go directly to FOS and let them sort it out.

Thanks Di

Comment

Letter away today pointing out the error of their ways, I will just have to wait and see what comes back, I have however explained that I will not get into any arguments and if they refuse my claim I will go directly to FOS and let them sort it out.

Thanks Di

Good for you Vossy! and your welcome.

Comment

Quick update on this, Prudential deny everything saying it was Blackhorse, Blackhorse won't even pass on my complaint to Lloyds TSB General insurance, they wrote back and said "We have previously dealt with this and the matter is closed".
                                I have sent everything I have now to FOS, I spoke to them and they said that it could be up to a year or so for any decision because of the amount of complaints - so fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                                X