GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclays Bank Account Reclaim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclays Bank Account Reclaim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays Bank Account Reclaim

Hello all...
    Current CAG member just been sent a link to here and boy it looks just as good a site..
    I have a question on a bank account that someone may be able to help with.
    Basically overdrawn to the tune of £1300..sent numerous letters trying to reclaim charges from 2006 that total £2600 upto 2009 when account was closed by Barclays..then passed to Capquest who I disputed with as in dispute with Barclays.
    To date Capquest have sent letters saying account on hold as awaiting conformation/documentation from Barclays (basically left Capquest chasing their tail been like this for about four months now).
    Went to FOS but because dispute was out of timescale they could not invesitgate..
    I am tempted now to resubmit my claim to Barclays for charges then start with FOS when they send me their ' end of the matter ' letter.
    Can Capquest take me to court for this debt ? That does not worry me but I have them at arms length while I am still disputing Barclays charges...
    Also just thinking have not had a letter from Barclays/Capquest regarding transfer or onwership of debt !!

Re: Barclays account

Originally posted by jj69 View Post
    Hello all...
    Current CAG member just been sent a link to here and boy it looks just as good a site..
    I have a question on a bank account that someone may be able to help with.
    Basically overdrawn to the tune of £1300..sent numerous letters trying to reclaim charges from 2006 that total £2600 upto 2009 when account was closed by Barclays..then passed to Capquest who I disputed with as in dispute with Barclays.
    To date Capquest have sent letters saying account on hold as awaiting conformation/documentation from Barclays (basically left Capquest chasing their tail been like this for about four months now).
    Went to FOS but because dispute was out of timescale they could not invesitgate..
    I am tempted now to resubmit my claim to Barclays for charges then start with FOS when they send me their ' end of the matter ' letter.
    Can Capquest take me to court for this debt ? That does not worry me but I have them at arms length while I am still disputing Barclays charges...
    Also just thinking have not had a letter from Barclays/Capquest regarding transfer or onwership of debt !!
    You'll be fine to reclaim, and as for them taking you to court it's hard to say but as you do have a valid dispute it'd be easily rebuffed if for any reason it did get that far!

I'd just try the reclaim route and see what happens...... Di30 is our expert, if you go ahead then please reply to this and i'll move it to the reclaims section - Di is a good help to have on hand, very successful

Best of luck
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      You'll be fine to reclaim, and as for them taking you to court it's hard to say but as you do have a valid dispute it'd be easily rebuffed if for any reason it did get that far!

I'd just try the reclaim route and see what happens...... Di30 is our expert, if you go ahead then please reply to this and i'll move it to the reclaims section - Di is a good help to have on hand, very successful

Best of luck
      Awesome if you could move would be most greteful as I see a claim going in

Comment

Originally posted by jj69 View Post
        Awesome if you could move would be most greteful as I see a claim going in
        Done
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X