GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Reclaiming Success Stories - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reclaiming Success Stories

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reclaiming Success Stories

That she didn't need or want it is grounds enough
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Havent been here for a while as there were no updates, but i printed off all the loan ppi forms from here. Sent them off to HSBC, nothing.

2 months later after id forgotten about them I had a letter from HSBC outlining loans that id taken and why i assumed they were missold.

I explained at least one loan was over the telephone and id remembered the sales person said that ppi would be compulsory on a loan that size. I didnt need it but thought id be knocked back for the loan.

Anyway long story short, for 2 of my past loans ive just this morning received an offer letter offering me £8400.

This site is the main reason for helping this.

cant thank enough

Comment

Originally posted by sinbin View Post
        Havent been here for a while as there were no updates, but i printed off all the loan ppi forms from here. Sent them off to HSBC, nothing.

2 months later after id forgotten about them I had a letter from HSBC outlining loans that id taken and why i assumed they were missold.

I explained at least one loan was over the telephone and id remembered the sales person said that ppi would be compulsory on a loan that size. I didnt need it but thought id be knocked back for the loan.

Anyway long story short, for 2 of my past loans ive just this morning received an offer letter offering me £8400.

cant thank enough

Well done sinbin, I'm so pleased for you
        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

cant thank enough

YAY and WOW!!!! Well done and Congratulations!!!

Comment

cant thank enough
            Well done mate that is a result!
            Don't forget you can always make a donation to help with site costs if you wish here.

Hope you are celebrating tonight?!
            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Wow great news, enjoy spending it.

Jane x

Comment

Yes indeed I will make a donation when the money comes through. When i came on here to let people know I saw the donate button.

Just wanted to make sure if anyone had any doubts about whether to try and claim especially those that receive letters from the bank direct that it IS WORTH TRYING !!.

I couldnt believe it, neither could the other half whose i filled in too. Which I didnt mention also had roughly the same amount too.

When I first started reading it the words "Unfortunately" and "with regret" instantly stood out and I thought "oh here we go , knock back"...but that was on two of the four loans that they were looking at.

Didnt realise they were taking so many loans into consideration to be honest, then it said "with regards to the final two loans I can confirm we are upholding your complaint".

When I turned the page and saw the amount i nearly swallowed my tongue. I said to the other half - "oh my god theyre giving me money back", He said "me too"..."8 grand" i said "F@@@ off" he said...then turned the page and his colour drained.."me too!!"

Needless to say stuff like all the house repairs we have had to tape up will now be done properly and without the need for credit/cards etc. Will pay one or two creditors off more than likely as HFC has recently been bought by HSBC so they will be aware of any extra payments surely.

Anyway without hijacking the thread any further just wanted to say an extra special thanks to NeverInDoubt for these and the last forums. Your effort and knowledge is indeed appreciated as are the mods.

cheers guys...will brb in a few days i hope.

Comment

hiya Sinbin,
                  Chuffed to read your story, i can imagine how pleased you and the other half were. What a result! As you say, got to pursue these maggots as they were happy to take it from us in the first place.
                  Well done, hope they settle with you soon.
                  When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Sinbin - wow, well done you

See it's success stories like this that make my day - what a nice surprise for small work - but it was, don't forget, all monies originally paid in by you so it's yours and not theirs and never has been theirs.

Well done - enjoy it, have a nice holiday and/or do the things you haven't been able to of late

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

When I first started reading it the words "Unfortunately" and "with regret" instantly stood out and I thought "oh here we go , knock back"...but that was on two of the four loans that they were looking at.
                      Regards the other two loans, have they rejected those? If so we could go to FOS and get them to force a refund if necessary - or was the refund offered in settlement of ALL historic PPI for all accounts?

Obviously, if the other 2 loans have 8 grand PPi then we'd love to help you get that back as well....

Let me know or email me the offer letter and we can then help with the other loans

Comment

Well this will be my final success story! I have made a claim for PPI from Barclays over my Monument account. Monument did not have PPI, however they did have Payment Break Plans! If these were mis sold you get all the premiums refunded, plus interest, plus 8%.

Comment

Success #1
                          Barclaycard re: Egg Card - £1.7K refunded

Jan 2014 - Received letter from Barclaycard in Jan informing me that they'd found out I had PPI on an Egg card which was settled and closed in Aug 2013
                          Jan 2014 - PPI Claim made via Barclaycard website, as directed by letter, on grounds that I wasn't even aware of PPI on the account and didn't know until Barclaycard told me.
                          Feb 2014 - Claim acknowledgement letter received from Barclaycard 14 days later, along with a payment preference form.
                          Form duly completed and immediately sent back in the 1st class prepaid envelope provided
                          Mar 2014 - Claim upheld decision letter received, almost excatly a month to the date of initial acknowledgment letter.
                          Mar 2014 - Money refunded into bank account the day after decision letter received!

I must say that I was extremely impressed with the smooth and prompt actions by Barclaycard. However the redress calculation was wrong in that they didn't reconstruct my account as it would have been had the PPI not existed in order to get the real account balance on closure. The £1.7k refunded was only the PPI premium, Interest on PPI and the 8% statutory interest.

Have let them know that the refund is considered part-payment until account reconstruction figures are provided.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoyo29 View Post
                            Success #1
                            Barclaycard re: Egg Card - £1.7K refunded

Jan 2014 - Received letter from Barclaycard in Jan informing me that they'd found out I had PPI on an Egg card which was settled and closed in Aug 2013
                            Jan 2014 - PPI Claim made via Barclaycard website, as directed by letter
                            Feb 2014 - Claim acknowledgement letter received from Barclaycard 14 days later, along with a payment preference form.
                            Form duly completed and immediately sent back in the 1st class prepaid envelope provided
                            Mar 2014 - Claim upheld decision letter received, almost excatly a month to the date of initial acknowledgment letter.
                            Mar 2014 - Money refunded into bank account the day after decision letter received!

I must say that I was extremely impressed with the smooth and prompt actions by Barclaycard. However the redress calculation was wrong in that they didn't reconstruct my account as it would have been had the PPI not existed in order to get the real account balance on closure. The £1.7k refunded was only the PPI premium, Interest on PPI and the 8% statutory interest.

Have let them know that the refund is considered part-payment until account reconstruction figures are provided.
                            Excellent well done - keep fighting, I'll ask Bill to pop in as he's good at the calculations....

Comment

Congratulations, this is fab news!

Comment

Success #2 -
                                PPI on Egg loan taken in 2000, settled 2003
                                PPI applied to loan up front.
                                PPI claim made to Canada Square Operations

10 Feb 2014 - FOS PPI questionnaire sent along with printout of online loan application pages and the loan acceptance letter. The online application pages did not have any PPI opt in or opt out boxes, yet PPI listed in the total cost of loan breakdown section. Loan acceptance letter didn't mention PPI.
                                20 Feb 2014 - Request received for documentary evidence of change of address because address at time of loan different to current address
                                24 Feb 2014 - Change of address document sent
                                15 March 2014 - Mis-sold PPI claim upheld. approx £900 total redress, £811 refund given (after 20% tax deduction on the 8% statutory interest)

Once again suprised at the quick response as was anticipating delay due the loan being taken out and settled so long ago. However it would appear that the online application print out was my saving grace! Turned out it was worth me keeping onto the box of documents that was meant to have been shredded years ago!

Have a few more other accounts to claim for, subject to SAR data arriving.

Comment

Working...
                                X