GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HSPF sold debt to CapQuest who sold debt to Lowell Portfolio 1 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSPF sold debt to CapQuest who sold debt to Lowell Portfolio 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HSPF sold debt to CapQuest who sold debt to Lowell Portfolio 1

*waves at admin / mods* Hi.. I'm ok with this thread being deleted now as have done as told and started a diary! woohoo!

Comment

Don't worry Patches, it will just fade into oblivion

Comment

Originally posted by patchouli View Post
        *waves at admin / mods* Hi.. I'm ok with this thread being deleted now as have done as told and started a diary! woohoo!
        Hiya - we don't delete threads. Just don't reply and it'll filter back. It's useful to keep it here in case others have similar issues

just update your diary thread now if that's easier
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Aren't the original companies more likely to have my agreement? Wouldn't it be better to wait until they have sold it or am I grabbing the wrong end of the stick here?
          That's a fair question because when a debt purchaser buys your account they don't get any paperwork from the original creditor. However as soon as you send them a s.78 CCA request they will go back to the OC for the information. So if the agreement exists it may still be found - it just takes a little longer.

Comment

No if the account is with the OC then do not CCA them, cessation of payments force them to default you and then sell it to a DCA. That is when errors occur and what you need to achieve.....

Don't CCA the OC
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

There was no mention of sending a CCA to any DCAs

I was referring to the OP's question about debt purchasers not having the credit agreement which made her think it was better to wait until the account was sold before sending a CCA request. I was explaing that the debt purchaser probably wouldn't have the paperwork but would get it from the OC. I didn't suggest sending anything to the DCAs at this stage

Why am I doing the CCA for debtas that HAVENT been sold yet? Aren't the original companies more likely to have my agreement? Wouldn't it be better to wait until they have sold it
              Originally posted by planB View Post
              because when a debt purchaser buys your account they don't get any paperwork from the original creditor. However as soon as you send them a s.78 CCA request they will go back to the OC for the information.
              I probably didn't explain that very well first time around

Comment

Hi.. yes because Deepie and S&V said to send a CCA to them... where-as in my mind I think well isn't it better to let the OC sell my debt before I poke about at them... more chance of someone doing an office clean, finding my paperwork and chucking it as they no longer own the debt IYSWIM?

Anyhooo.... I have a sparkly new debt diary, will update on there from now... :-)

Comment

Link to patchouli's diary -- > Patch's Diary
                  "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Hi.. yes because Deepie and S&V said to send a CCA to them... where-as in my mind I think well isn't it better to let the OC sell my debt before I poke about at them... more chance of someone doing an office clean, finding my paperwork and chucking it as they no longer own the debt IYSWIM?

Anyhooo.... I have a sparkly new debt diary, will update on there from now... :-)
                    Yes - In your first post you said that the debts had been to Capquest and Lowell no?
                    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

That one has.. the bank hasn't.. lol confusing!!! lmao

Comment

Working...
                      X