GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HELP! disabled with so much debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! disabled with so much debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SA Gold
    replied
    Re: HELP! disabled with so much debt

Originally posted by jillyiant View Post
    They keep ringing my partners mobile too he gets a bit anxious but I wont let him answer... just wish they would accept the fact they have NOT sent what I asked for.
    Still ringing AND leaving messages to ring urgently! I really wanna say where is our bloody paperwork we asked for!!!!
    Is it just (just as if one phone isn't bad enough!) the mobile they are calling Jill?
    If so, you could either install a blocker application and tell it to drop that number, or save it as a contact so you know to ignore it.
    or
    You could answer and just fail the security questions.
    Personally, i think ignore/drop the call is the better option as they may think you have changed your number after a few days. Be warned they may try and call from another number to see if it is active, so only answer contacts in your phone book.

I know this is frustrating but can only compare it to teething whereby the pain does go away.

Assuming your partner doesn't rely on answer messages, you could always switch it off - even if temporarily.
    Personally i don't use them because it allows this type of thing - and other not so other menacing sales calls the medium to increase blood pressure. If i miss a call from someone in my phone book, i call them back. If i don't recognize the number/don't want to - i don't.
    Last edited by SA Gold; 26 June 2013, 13:32.

Leave a comment:

• joshing
    replied

Still ringing AND leaving messages to ring urgently! I really wanna say where is our bloody paperwork we asked for!!!!

Leave a comment:

• joshing
    replied

Originally posted by missy View Post
    Hang in there Jill. I know its a pain in the neck at the moment. I remember the days of my phone ringing when i had Google Navigator running which was a nuisance as it stopped my directions
    They will hopefully get fed up with it soon.
    They keep ringing my partners mobile too he gets a bit anxious but I wont let him answer... just wish they would accept the fact they have NOT sent what I asked for.

Leave a comment:

• SA Gold
    replied

Impact on behalf of vanquis called again today albeit automated, still no sign of cca..... they must be ignoring our request as they are well past the time.
    Hang in there Jill. I know its a pain in the neck at the moment. I remember the days of my phone ringing when i had Google Navigator running which was a nuisance as it stopped my directions
    They will hopefully get fed up with it soon.

Leave a comment:

• joshing
    replied

Impact on behalf of vanquis called again today albeit automated, still no sign of cca..... they must be ignoring our request as they are well past the time.

Leave a comment:

• joshing
    replied

Ok thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

If I answer Is it ok to say iv sent of for cca or just leave it.
    If they call and you answer, as soon as they declare where they are calling from you hang up and say nothing else....

Leave a comment:

• joshing
    replied

If I answer Is it ok to say iv sent of for cca or just leave it.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

can they really ignore the fact that we have sent cca,s and not received them?
    yes

Well they shouldn't - but they do..... just sit tight and await a reply to your requests.

Leave a comment:

• joshing
    replied

ok my partner is having calls again, putting the phone down as soon as we realise who it is, can they really ignore the fact that we have sent cca,s and not received them?

Leave a comment:

• joshing
    replied

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
    Hi Jilly,
    Nothing to worry about in either of those. They can't do anything while they're in default of your CCA requests. I would ignore for now if it was me.
    Am I right in thinking Vanquis have not defaulted you and are still charging you interest?
    If so then they'll shortly issue a default notice (ignore) then terminate the account, which is good as it should stop the damn interest - which they should have frozen anyway when they became aware of your financial difficulties.

I'm glad you're gaining confidence from the site, it makes such a difference to share the problem and realise you don't have to be afraid of their silly automated threats

Vanquis did freeze interest for 6 months, havent had statement since they passed to impact. Not paid this for 3 months.

Leave a comment:

• Undercover Elsa
    replied

Hi Jilly,
    Nothing to worry about in either of those. They can't do anything while they're in default of your CCA requests. I would ignore for now if it was me.
    Am I right in thinking Vanquis have not defaulted you and are still charging you interest?
    If so then they'll shortly issue a default notice (ignore) then terminate the account, which is good as it should stop the damn interest - which they should have frozen anyway when they became aware of your financial difficulties.

I'm glad you're gaining confidence from the site, it makes such a difference to share the problem and realise you don't have to be afraid of their silly automated threats
    Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 24 June 2013, 08:41.

Leave a comment:

• joshing
    replied

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
    It's fine Jilly..anything that shows them up for the incompetent beggars they are is good

When they start pestering about the credit card, they'll be told they haven't complied with the CCA
    They'll say "I think you'll find we have, Mrs Debtor"
    You'll say "I beg to differ, here's what you sent, daft beggars"
    etc...

Thank you thats cleared up my worries thank you Elsa. received 2 more letters today regarding capital one & vanquis,( partners) had no cca,s yet. Next move please? Funny how just logging on here when you get a letter makes you feel soooooo much better.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	impact edited.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	1394602

Click image for larger version

Name:	cougar edited.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	1394604

Leave a comment:

• Undercover Elsa
    replied

It's fine Jilly..anything that shows them up for the incompetent beggars they are is good

When they start pestering about the credit card, they'll be told they haven't complied with the CCA
    They'll say "I think you'll find we have, Mrs Debtor"
    You'll say "I beg to differ, here's what you sent, daft beggars"
    etc...

Leave a comment:

• MrsD
    replied

doubt it, since they don't appear to know sometimes

Leave a comment:

Working...
X