GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script no action for quite a while now - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

no action for quite a while now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so just had a look back at my previous posts CCA recieved for this account was 6th march 2013 ,how many years before its SB?

Comment

depends when did you last make a payment to it, have you contacted them since then about it,?
      SB is 6 year (5 Scotland)+ a month since last payment or contact.

You have to be sure that you havn't unwittingly written to them saying "my account"
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Oh RW and their pre legal assessment

I have had pre legal assessments from all sorts of people and lots of letters like that. Now while I cannot promise nothing will come of it, as NW says, IF they do want to issue a claim they will have to send a pre action letter

Didn't you say it was close to being SB?

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
          depends when did you last make a payment to it, have you contacted them since then about it,?
          SB is 6 year (5 Scotland)+ a month since last payment or contact.

You have to be sure that you havn't unwittingly written to them saying "my account"
          I’m going to check my letters , I can say that I have never phoned them since joining this forum and only sent templates from here

Comment

Probably statute barred but in my opinion it is not something you tell them unless you have to. I know someone from a different forum is forever saying send the SB letter (even when it’s not- he is that bright) but I disagree. My thinking is leave it as long as you can , just in case you unwittingly did something.

All my debts are now SB but in the first year I did write some rather silly and ‘choice’ letters with very colourful language which would no doubt have persuaded a judge I was admitting to the debt.

Comment

Originally posted by davidm View Post
              So got another letter today from robinson way headed PRE LEGAL ASSESSMENT
              saying they have assessed my account and its considered for legal action .
              this is an egg card .

What is the outstanding balance on this old Egg credit card?

And is the history of the account posted somewhere on another thread (maybe add a link to that post on this thread)?

Di

Comment

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post

Not sure I understand that

Di

Comment

[QUOTE=Diana Mayhew;n1527356]

Not sure I understand that
                    the original thread has been picked up on here now

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

What is the outstanding balance on this old Egg credit card?

And is the history of the account posted somewhere on another thread (maybe add a link to that post on this thread)?

Di
                      https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...nd-barclaycard

link to my other thread

Comment

Originally posted by davidm View Post

28 pages long - it may take me a while to get up to speed

Di

Comment

So today got a letter of claim saying I have 30 days to respond this is for the egg/barclaycard .
                          will upload the letter when I’ve redacted out my details .

Comment

Here is the letter,plus a form to fill and an I&E form
                            Attached Files

Comment

This is a standard solicitor fishing letter. You are not about to get a claim any time imminently, they usually try to get an agreement with you prior to any court proceedings.
                              Have you received the default notice they speak of?

Comment

Originally posted by Timewilltell View Post
                                This is a standard solicitor fishing letter. You are not about to get a claim any time imminently, they usually try to get an agreement with you prior to any court proceedings.
                                Have you received the default notice they speak of?
                                nothing there with default on it will post up the rest of the
                                Last edited by davidm; 11 September 2019, 17:51.

Comment

Working...
                                X