GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Thinking of applying for a Crap One credit card! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of applying for a Crap One credit card!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thinking of applying for a Crap One credit card!

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
    No idea!!! never mind I will stay with Nationwide for now.
    even CO-OP stated to contact Equifax as they used that CRA,
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Was it instant decline online, in store, referred? = on line

What type of account and a sole or joint application? Did you ask for an OD or anything?
      - sole ah! normal account with OD I believe must of been
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well that's Natwest all sorted, new card (purple / offline) debit card and PIN arrived, card activated and card used. Applied last Thursday and by this morning (Monday) it's all sorted and opened with funds passing through it.

I'm actually quietly impressed at their service even though my defaults are shockingly bad right now
        Well seems Barclays accepted me as well even though I've not had any emails or anything saying so - the first contact is that text message!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	1401904
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Oooer I still have 7 live defaults (all recent) as things stand so gawd knows how I get these accounts......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14680[/ATTACH]
          I wonder if it's because of your earnings?
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
            I wonder if it's because of your earnings?
            I don't have any - I work here FT like Andrew
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I don't have any - I work here FT like Andrew
              What do you put in the form where they ask you for your monthly (or yearly) income?

Sharklays! Why would anyone volunteer to be a Sharklays customer? Especially when they've already got more bank accounts than the rest of the country put together? Now I know he's gone completely insane.

Only Co-op and HaemorrLloyds needed, and he'll have the full set!

Oh, no, I shouldn't have given him ideas, should I?

SH

Comment

I put £1 salary - ie don't have one

Comment

£1? Eee, that be a lot o' bloody brass up in Yorkshire! No bloody wonder tha's getting all these chuffin' bank accounts!

Seriously, this gets even more insane. You put £1, and they accept it?? I thought the credit card lenders I've just been accepted by were nuts - How can anyone give an "annual income" when they are in their own business? It could be zero next year, or it could be over £100,000! I'm not a psychic. I just make an incredibly rough guess, and they accept it and give me credit!

Lloyds insist on an income of £10,000 a year, Tesco £8,000. I don't think putting £1 would quite satisfy them.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
                    £1? Eee, that be a lot o' bloody brass up in Yorkshire! No bloody wonder tha's getting all these chuffin' bank accounts!

Seriously, this gets even more insane. You put £1, and they accept it?? I thought the credit card lenders I've just been accepted by were nuts - How can anyone give an "annual income" when they are in their own business? It could be zero next year, or it could be over £100,000! I'm not a psychic. I just make an incredibly rough guess, and they accept it and give me credit!

Lloyds insist on an income of £10,000 a year, Tesco £8,000. I don't think putting £1 would quite satisfy them.

SH
                    tbh I may have put £35,000 on Natwest as last time I applied I earned around that so I might have duplicated it - Natwest are very hot on N Hunter so it was best to match the data.....

Comment

Just 10K a day from PKR is it mate?!
                      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
                        Just 10K a day from PKR is it mate?!
                        Lol I wish.

My Internet just died so gonna have to get a dongle PAYG thingy

Laters

Comment

Lol I wish.

My Internet just died so gonna have to get a dongle PAYG thingy

Laters
                          lol.

oh no, hope you manage to find something until it gets sorted (3-mobile?)

Cheers
                          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Just a quick update with my credit cards that someone may find useful -

Tesco don't tell you when you open one of their accounts which date of the month it becomes due for payment. It appears as though they stagger it depending on when you get accepted for the card, as I asked one of the (gorgeous) girls who works in our local Tesco Metro which date it would become due, and she said hers was the 28th. That was last week, so we had already gone beyond that and I hadn't received a bill.

I got the email and the statement through this morning, so it looks as though they probably use multiples of 7 (7th, 14th, 21st and 28th) depending on when you sign up. I would still be nice to know in advance, though, as I've spent a month buying things without ever knowing when I would need to pay it back. Lloyds were better organised – their online banking portal told me that the payment would be due on the 22nd the first time I ever logged in.

I've got until the 26th to pay it, so there is no problem. As I used it this morning, I'll wait until the actual balance and the 600-available credit become equal, and then I'll pay it off. I'll probably start adopting the system of paying the minimum balance and then the rest later next time.

If this is a permanent arrangement, it will be ideal. I'll have one card which needs paying on the 7th, one on the 15th (Vanquis), and one on the 22nd (Lloyds). I should be able to spread everything nicely through the month, especially if I adopt the system of paying the minimum and then the rest a week later. I should be set up for years now.

One unusual feature of Tesco is that they don't let you use online banking direct transfer to pay off the bill. The other two cards won't let you pay any other way, unless you sign up for paper statements, which in the case of Vanquis incurs extra charges. Tesco make you pay by debit card. It doesn't matter, as the money still comes out of the same bank account.

SH

Comment

Hiya,

Tesco don't tell you when you open one of their accounts which date of the month it becomes due for payment. It appears as though they stagger it depending on when you get accepted for the card

thats a bit crap of them, but as you say will probably be on the next increment depending on the start day of the account. I guess you could always give them a call with view to enquiring/changing it.

One unusual feature of Tesco is that they don't let you use online banking direct transfer to pay off the bill. The other two cards won't let you pay any other way, unless you sign up for paper statements, which in the case of Vanquis incurs extra charges. Tesco make you pay by debit card. It doesn't matter, as the money still comes out of the same bank account.

i think this may be to do with the way their billing system works, i.e there is no facility to bind the source of your payment to your credit account with them.

Surprisingly, i thought the Tesco app is quite good and does allow payment via card on the move:

Cheers
                              SA

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0807.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	1402052

Comment

Just out of interest has anyone used the capital one quick check facility that appears to be all over Facebook? Is it a con?

jane x

Comment

Working...
                                X