GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Thinking of applying for a Crap One credit card! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of applying for a Crap One credit card!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thinking of applying for a Crap One credit card!

Thanks, it all makes sense now. Is this GnatPest account a proper one or a basic? It'd be amazing if you got a proper current account with those recent defaults.

I think I'll make a post on my diary thread about the structure I've set up, and why I've set it up the way I have. It should still be useful to someone, even though I've got no nasty stuff on my file any more. A significant percentage of the products I'm using aren't credit scored, and those which are can often be replaced with something which is not.

SH

Comment

It's a full account mate. Well so they say anyway. It's in online banking and I just chucked a tenner into it (faster payments)....

If it's a blue card it's like electron. If purple it's a servicecard - I'll let y'all know

Good news, your Select Account is now ready to use. We'll send you all the details about your new account in a letter, but you can access your account now using our online banking and telephone banking services.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ooooh it's still there after 3 days so it *might* have passed AVU because usually it's shut on the day after it was opened if AVU get it. So looks like it might be an acceptance. If so - wow.

I said to Poppy (my darling wife) earlier, even I'd not give me a bank account cos I really don't care what happens now
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          It's a full account mate. Well so they say anyway. It's in online banking and I just chucked a tenner into it (faster payments)....
          I saw one thread on Martin's Spongiform Encephalopathy where someone had gone through all of that, and still had their account closed two or three weeks later. Let's hope that does not happen in this case.

I've now made three posts on my diary thread outlining how I've set up my own structure, and why I've set it up the way I have. Hope it will be useful to somebody.

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post441568

SH

Comment

Well that's Natwest all sorted, new card (purple / offline) debit card and PIN arrived, card activated and card used. Applied last Thursday and by this morning (Monday) it's all sorted and opened with funds passing through it.

I'm actually quietly impressed at their service even though my defaults are shockingly bad right now

Click image for larger version

Name:	natwest-card.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	1401888

Comment

Oooer I still have 7 live defaults (all recent) as things stand so gawd knows how I get these accounts......

Click image for larger version

Name:	cra.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	1401890

Comment

cawwwwwwwwwwwwww and I could not get a Halifax current account 2 weeks ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

How come?

Comment

Well that's Natwest all sorted, new card (purple / offline) debit card and PIN arrived, card activated and card used. Applied last Thursday and by this morning (Monday) it's all sorted and opened with funds passing through it.

I'm actually quietly impressed at their service even though my defaults are shockingly bad right now
                    I can feel an overdraft test coming up
                    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well did you know.....

inside online banking if you apply for anything it does a soft search before submitting with likely results.

For example, in overdraft it says "it's unlikely you'll qualify for an overdraft just now". Whereas in credit cards it says "you could apply for X card with a limit of £1400" and under personal loans it says "it's unlikely you'll qualify for a personal loan just now"

So that's very handy

Comment

Well did you know.....

inside online banking if you apply for anything it does a soft search before submitting with likely results.

For example, in overdraft it says "it's unlikely you'll qualify for an overdraft just now". Whereas in credit cards it says "you could apply for X card with a limit of £1400" and under personal loans it says "it's unlikely you'll qualify for a personal loan just now"

So that's very handy
                        that is indeed very handy! Interesting they will consider a credit card and not an overdraft
                        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

How come?
                          No idea!!! never mind I will stay with Nationwide for now.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                            No idea!!! never mind I will stay with Nationwide for now.
                            Was it instant decline online, in store, referred?

What type of account and a sole or joint application? Did you ask for an OD or anything?

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
                              that is indeed very handy! Interesting they will consider a credit card and not an overdraft
                              Yea but I'll not apply. Don't use credit so no need for credit cards. I tend to go through bank accounts

Weird - some folks are just odd

Comment

Yea but I'll not apply. Don't use credit so no need for credit cards. I tend to go through bank accounts

Weird - some folks are just odd

Comment

Working...
                                X