GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Caps and Lloyds - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caps and Lloyds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Caps and Lloyds

I do hope its SB for you Caps fingers crossed xxx
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

So do I Nanna. Its over 6 years since the last acknowledgement and payment.

Caps

Comment

As there are only 3 attempts to contact you I don't think that can be called harassment. Just wait until planb and Elsa review the letter you have received and hopefully a one hit letter will cover all the necessary points.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It's not a Letter Before Action as such, more of a pre LBA saying they'll pass it on to Bryan Carter if you don't reach an agreement with them. That said, Carter doesn't always play by the rules in terms of pre action protocol, more by stunning ineptness than by design.

I never like sending SB letters too soon so let's see PlanB's take on it first. Another CCA Request would stop them in their tracks if necessary.

Comment

Just a recap. Niddy has reviewed the CCA previously and said enforceable However, what they have produced is not easily readable, especially the sheet they are claiming is the reverse with T&C's and this one is illegible. The CCA is from 1998.

Thanks

Caps

Comment

Hi Caps. You can send a CCA request as many times as you want so long as there's a month between each request. Just because Niddy said before that the CCA is enforceable it doesn't mean that what they send with a new request will be. It's even possible that they won't be able to find the CCA. The good thing is that they can't issue a claim while there's a CCA outstanding.
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                It's not a Letter Before Action as such, more of a pre LBA saying they'll pass it on to Bryan Carter if you don't reach an agreement with them. That said, Carter doesn't always play by the rules in terms of pre action protocol, more by stunning ineptness than by design.

I never like sending SB letters too soon so let's see PlanB's take on it first. Another CCA Request would stop them in their tracks if necessary.
                I'm agreeing with Elsa on this

If this debt is SB (and it looks increasingly likely that it is) then it's SB yesterday, today, tomorrow and beyond. Whether you tell anyone that or not won't change the legal position (apart from a DJ obviously).

Can you email us the letter you have from Lloyds (?) which confirms last payment made 1st June 2009

Originally posted by Capricorn1601 View Post
                I have done some digging into my old paperwork and can confirm the following:

Last payment received - confirmed on SAR and statements as 29th May 2009
                Letter confirming last payment to Lloyds - 1 June 2009
                The letter you got from Lowells says they don't want you to deal with them and it specifically says you should deal with Freds. So no need to reply to Lowells.

Freds letter says they will instruct Bryan Carter if you don't make an offer to pay. So if/when you get a letter from Bryan Carter then you must reply to him.

In the meantime I'm not sure yet what you could/should say to Freds.

Let's see that letter from Lloyds (?) which confirms your last payment date before you send the SB letter (with a copy of Lloyd's letter) to Freds/Lowells/Bryan Carter or Uncle Tom Cobley and all.

Plan B x

Comment

Thanks Plan B

The letter was from Lowells as a reply to a prove it letter. I'll scan it in and email it over to you

Thanks

Caps

Comment

(Lowells) these letters should be loaded minus personal details on the forums, as other peeps can see the situation also the letter litter they send out - forewarned is forearmed!?

Comment

I'm not sure about that Techie, it'll take a lot of space up on the threads.

Niddy's always said that each case is different.
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                        I'm not sure about that Techie, it'll take a lot of space up on the threads.

Niddy's always said that each case is different.
                        Re: RED/Hampton/Lowell - Support Group

It has been reported that Lowells have introduced 12 new template threatogrames for 2015:- have found this one for No:- 1 :-

original request via:- RED/Hampton/Lowell - Support Group

Quote:-

Could peeps upload any new ones of the 12 (from Lowells) on here for reference minus and personal details/references/bar codes? referred to new threat letters from Lowells;- once loaded then we have them on file, peeps can then see that they are the usual run of the mill template letters and what to expect to receive, not the same repeat letter in every case. That is why a diary is a good source of information and why we ask peeps to keep one also saves a lot of time looking/.searching for original info as all in one place = diary of events etc.

Comment

I have a good selection I can scan in and forward over to you techie. If they are of any use, you could create a library of the main content if it will help others

Comment

Originally posted by Capricorn1601 View Post
                            The letter was from Lowells as a reply to a prove it letter. I'll scan it in and email it over to you
                            We've got that thank you.

The Lowells letter confirms your last payment received by Lloyds was 1st June 2009. Your next contractual payment was due on 6th July 2009 according to your statement. You didn't make that payment so by my reckoning this debt should be SB on 6th August (i.e. the end of next week).

In which case I think it would be unwise to send the SB letter to Freds now in case it prompts them to look a bit more closely at the payment history.

See what others think you should do since you're only days away from getting to the SB finishing line.

Plan B x

Comment

Just wait 2 weeks and send it on the 5th .........

Comment

If the next contractual payment was due on 6th July, and was unpaid, then the clock started ticking the day after on 7th July (day after the first missed contractual payment), so going by that it's already Statute Barred.
                                However knowing Lowell's imaginative take on SB dates, I'd be tempted to send another CCA Request as it's quite a while since the last one isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                X