GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ScabHunter v Crapbot Farcical - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ScabHunter v Crapbot Farcical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ScabHunter v Crapbot Farcical

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
    Thank you so much for that! You will never know how much those comments help during incredibly difficult times such as these.

I certainly don't have any intention of leaving. I think if someone reaches the stage where their alleged debts have all gone SB, they must have something to offer to people at an earlier stage, even if it is only moral support.

No, if I do disappear, it will be involuntary. I don't even know what they do with the carcasses of people who die without any family or paperwork. I think they probably just wait until there is an official burial, and then chuck it in the ground before the official coffin. Nice and cheap and easy. I shan't be around to worry about it, whatever they do.

I know it is still at a very early stage for you. Patience is a very hard skill to learn, but it is an invaluable one. It should get easier from around the second year onwards, before the heat gets more intense again during the last year. That is the way it worked for mine, anyway.

Stay with the AAD site for as long as you can, because what is taught here definitely does work. There are no guarantees for any individual case, but overall you should benefit greatly. Good luck with everything.

SH
    Thank you we will be here for many years or as long as this site continues to stay open

We are fixing the repairs on the house as much as can be afforded and will fight through until the debts become statute barred and think about selling hopefully to buy a house cash

Dreams can come true and i believe this one will

Comment

i have a debt crabot bought and they are adding more to it each month? didnt think they can do that but am i wrong? i dont converse with them and the original debt was defaulted two yrs ago i only know this as i checked my noddle report last night and looked at balance history. this site is so good for help and support and i love it!

Comment

Update to this farce – since sending formal complaints to both ScroatCall and Crapbot Farcical, the following has happened.

ScroatCall – my complaint received a one line response - “We are no longer dealing with this matter. Contact Crapbot for more information.” Seriously, that was it. Ever get the feeling that they don't want to get hit with complaints for harassing someone with a statute barred alleged debt?

Crapbot – First response - “We have received your complaint and will respond in due course.”

The second response, received today, says they are still looking into the matter and will respond within eight weeks of the complaint being submitted. Four of those weeks have already passed. Tongue tied, Mr Crappy Bot?

I'll update further when I receive anything.

SH

Comment

I wouldn't be holding my breath, they'll probably just scuttle off

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
            I wouldn't be holding my breath, they'll probably just scuttle off
            I doubt it, this time, because if they do, after eight weeks I can take it to the Fobbing Off Service anyway.

Only time will tell.

SH

Comment

An interesting thread SH and it gives me a good idea of what's coming next!
              I'm sure they will soon send you a letter of apology, as they have no choice but to accept that it's sb

Comment

Originally posted by dibsthefrenchie View Post
                An interesting thread SH and it gives me a good idea of what's coming next!
                I'm sure they will soon send you a letter of apology, as they have no choice but to accept that it's sb
                I wonder. I don't think "apology" is in Crapbot's vocabulary, and there was a lot more to this complaint than just harassment after SB.

They've got other choices, including faking payments. It wouldn't be the first time. Do you remember the PossVox case from CAG days? They'll have a job in my case, though, as every letter they sent quoted the balance at the same level. If I paid something, where did it go?

My guess is that they're wondering how the hell to avoid a Fobbing Off Service mediation fee, when they realise just how many regulations they've violated.

SH

Comment

Oh yes, I do remember the PossVox case!

They would be incredibly stupid to pull that stunt on you, the alleged payment would have gone to their cream cake fund

Looking forward to seeing how this ends.

I'm off to buy a valentine's card

Comment

I've got a bit of a break from offline matters now, so I'll update this Crapbot Farcical situation.

I have had an extraordinary response from Neil “Asinine” Clyne, full of lies and facetious drivel, yet also capitulating and basically throwing the game away at the same time.

They have tried to pull a PossVox, by denying that the alleged debt is statute barred. They are claiming that a communication sent in 2007 acknowledged the alleged debt. It didn't, of course. I do know how to write a bloody letter.

At the same time, they have finally admitted that the agreement is unenforceable and does not contain the necessary prescribed terms. They have also stated that I will receive no further contact from Crapbot or any of its agents. Unless that is some kind of stunt, it completely screws them when it comes to possible court action, so why deny the SB status?

Most of Asinine's reply is absolutely ludicrous, in that it blatantly denies provable facts, or just fails to even address the points I raised in the complaint. Most of what I wrote has been completely ignored. Even though this is called a “final response”, I have written an even more detailed follow up complaint, particularising all of the instances where I have been ignored, and sent it back to Crapbot. I think there is a greater chance of the Fobbing Off Service taking a complaint seriously if you make every effort to attempt to resolve the situation first.

No doubt this will be heading to the FOS at some point, although I can't understand Crapbot's tactics at all. Why invite a mediation fee, which is several times the size of what they would have paid for the alleged debt in the first place, when you could just offer to end the situation and get out of it? I still can't understand why they didn't sell this turkey to a bottom feeder such as Ruthbish or Muck Hall.

Anyway, I am really in a situation where no-one can hurt me, so if FOS is what they want, that is what they will have to have. I'll keep this updated.

SH

Comment

Latest development – Crapbot Farcical are being VERY SILLY!

On 5th March 2013, I received a response to my formal complaint from the Chief Executive, Neil “Asinine” Clyne. While much of it was facetious and deliberately misleading, it did contain the following sentence -

“In light of the above, we have made the decision not to pursue the outstanding balance on this account and you will receive no further contact from Cabot or our agents regarding this account.”

Guess what? Today, I received a letter from the Lewis Group, Crapbot's latest assignee, demanding payment of the alleged debt. Now, who is helped by this situation? Does it increase Crappy Bot's chances of getting a donation, or does it increase my chances of getting the Fobbing Off Service to take the complaint seriously when I escalate it to them? They are playing a better game for my side than I am!

Keep going, Crappy Bot. As there is a six month time scale on escalating a formal complaint to the FOS, I don't have to take it there until the start of September. I may as well wait to see how many more faux pas Crapbot will commit before then. It can only help.

SH

Comment

I'll just update this quickly with the latest news.

The second and final follow-up complaint was today submitted to Crapbot Farcical. This is the last chance for Neil “Asinine” Clyne to actually respond and offer a reasonable solution to this case, before it goes to the Fobbing Off Service.

I have also made initial contact with my Member of Parliament, following the successful intervention of an MP in the aforementioned PossVox case. I don't expect mine to become actively involved as this is not a court case, but it is all further ammunition for the FOS.

Lewis Debt (attempted) Recovery have still not responded to the complaint which was issued to them immediately after they were assigned the alleged debt, in direct violation of Crapbot's own statement that this would not happen again.

I will update as and when I hear anything, or at the start of June which is the likely time for me to take this to the FOS.

SH

Comment

In my last further formal complaint to Crapbot Farcical, I gave Neil “Asinine” Clyne until the end of May to respond to the points which have been continually ignored, and to engage in dialogue to bring this ridiculous case to a reasonable conclusion.

No such response has been received, so the papers have been forwarded to the Fobbing Off “Service”. I will update this thread with any further news, as this preposterous saga drags on way beyond the statute barring date, to whichever incredulous conclusion awaits it.

SH

Comment

I would like to believe that there can only be one conclusion to this whole Cabot farce, however, that would require the use of a brain cell and Cabot appear to be seriously devoid of any!

Comment

Originally posted by dibsthefrenchie View Post
                              I would like to believe that there can only be one conclusion to this whole Cabot farce, however, that would require the use of a brain cell and Cabot appear to be seriously devoid of any!
                              Never has a truer word been spoken.

They have admitted that they cannot enforce due to missing prescribed terms, they have had over five years in which to go to court and have not gone there, they cannot steal a single farthing unless they do go there, yet they are prepared to lose £500 in mediation fees to achieve absolutely nothing.

Debt collectors normally move on to easier targets when they know beyond doubt that they cannot collect a single copper coin, but this bunch of clowns just will not get the message.

I don't expect the Fobbing Off Service to do anything, as they are obviously as bent as a nine bob note. However, if they take £500 off Crappy Bot, and then drag the case out so it goes beyond the six year point from when Asinine alleges that I acknowledged the "debt", then it will be job done.

SH

Comment

Fos fee now gone up to £550... according to a report I am reading, from FCA. However the number of free cases has risen from 3 to 25 a year!

Comment

Working...
                                X